Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Easy screen brightness adjustment and here's how I'd do it:

Press both volume keys to toggle brightness adjustment. Press them again to return to volume. A notification would inform you of the change.

This would be really handy for me when I'm out in the sunshine or laying in bed at night and I think it's an elegant solution too.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    I like that brightness idea!

-Fix the device from sometimes crashing and the 'too many cards' issue, when there are no cards open. This is a huge issue and should be the first fix, PERIOD.

-Have the GPU render graphics on the device. (I hope to god that the GPU already isn't enabled for OS graphics like cards and scrolling because it is still ch-ch-o-pp-y)

-Up the processor to 125-600mhz stock. Not just for games. Don't wimp out Palm.

-Add Processor scaling and smartflex combined as stock. The chip can do it, you just need to write the kernel for it Palm!

-More Synergy integration (MSN, AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, Facebook Chat, Twiter notifications) and more Universal Search. This is where WebOS out-does most other phones, lets take it up a notch.

-Threaded messaging and Voice Command.

-Some sort of Google Nav, or universal 3d navigation. Some of us ain't on Sprint!
    New hardware similar in form and capability to the Evo!
    The biggest need for me is more features for the Calendar like Today screen, templates, icon view and delete following.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I want a browser that remembers my passwords and autofills in information.

STUPID but really useful function - I REALLY liked how the old TX let you see the password you were typing in. Because the keyboard can be quirky on the pre, and the password window only shows each letter briefly as you type it, I am constantly having to retype the whole thing repeatedly every time I get a double letter. Just keeping the password visible when it is typed in would be a huge help.

Looking forward to the microphone working other than in test mode and the possibility of bluetooth keyboard access. Yes, it's a small screen, but I could still do a lot of work with it.

I am grateful for the screen keyboard but would like one that functions better.

I want to be able to switch in and out of USB mode to charge/functioning phone without rebooting.

I REALLY REALLY want to be able to transfer data via the cable as well as wireless and bluetooth. I can't backup my phone to my desk computer because it is on a wired network and does not have bluetooth. Easy at home on the laptop. Impossible at work. Lots of my stuff is in the cloud, but when the network is down I still need to be able to check my contacts.

Digital zoom on camera

Digital compression on video camera (It is gorgeous, but I don't have the capacity to edit the quicktime videos and they are too big to send via e-mail.) Saving to another format would be fine too. Right now I can upload to facebook or youtube - both work great. But I can't work with the file on my desktop.

Option to save video as portrait or landscape. Since I can only see videos on Youtube or Facebook, it would be really nice if they didn't come out sideways.

Stick audio only record in as an option on the camera and you have a recorder and a much smaller file size.

Better sensitivity on changing from horizontal to vertical on screen. It often takes several tries to change orientation.

Three biggest holes in the unit that developers all claim are caused by lack of cooperation with Palm:

Flash
    Docs to Go
    Audible

Audible especially
    FIX THE RANDOM REBOOTS WHEN ACTIVATING THE PHONE FROM SLEEP MODE!!!

ok that was a lil over the top but damn those reboots kill me .. haha
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    why dont we take the most popular 10 requests from this forum, make a poll and then send those results to Palm?

Im sure they would love to have the feedback.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    why dont we take the most popular 10 requests from this forum, make a poll and then send those results to Palm?

Im sure they would love to have the feedback.
    Good idea, get to work then
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    - Arbitrary CalDAV server support w/authentication
    - Performance enhancements
    - Google f'n voice search!!!!
    - Pie

-n8
    i would like to be able to select multiple pictures and attach them all at once when i am sending pictures via email, like how the iphone does it excpet more than just 5
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    natrixgli, you've hit the nail on the head.

I for one would be extremely pleased if 1.5 also came with pie.

Pie is the thing everyone loves for all occasions.

Mmm.

Pie.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post
    threaded email conversations would be great.
    OPTIONAL PLEASE! Some of us (me) absolutely detest threaded emails
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Could we have pinch-zoom video? That would be so cool. Sometimes when you're watching a clip on a sub-4 screen it would be handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Good idea, get to work then
    I will, but I dont know how to make polls on forums.

If someone made the poll I would gladly contact palm and give them the info.
    I get great battery life in EVDO but downright horrible if my WiFi is on, I might be in the minority on this issue but I would like it resolved.

also there are several items like pdfs, avi files, photos that the phone can download in the browser but can seem to open even with supported files like pdf, I'd like to see that fixed.

and on the topic of documents- beside the usual we still can't edit, I would like to have decent viewing capacity, my screen locks up half the document all the time and I have to restart the doc viewer
    Eliminate lag/gpu access.. i left the HTC Touch for the Pre in hopes of having a lag-free phone.. PWND.
    Functional voice dialing - - - please?
    I think Palm should make an OFFICIAL virtual keyboard with TRUE auto correct like Android phones. My friend always rubs his virtual keyboard in my face and the auto correct is amazing. I've seen the keyboard patch and I'm very iffy about homebrew and PreWare. I know the doctor can fix it but still. Again, all I want is the virtual keyboard and life would be peachy...just sayin...
    More reasons for me to patch. I think I have more fun patching than enjoying the benefits of the patches themselves.
    Virtual keyboard. Give users the best of both worlds.