Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Since upgrading to 1.4, I can no longer pair my phone correctly with my 2006 BMW 750. The system recognizes, but won't connect. Previously, I had no phonebook support, but I could at least pair and use successfully. I am able to pair correctly with a bluetooth headset. Any ideas? Anyone else having bluetooth pairing problems since upgrading to 1.4?
    Well, I haven't completely upgraded to 1.4 but, the last time I started up my phone, it locked up mid-boot and I had to reset. When I did, the phone told me that it had failed to upgrade to 1.4 (odd, because I hadn't told it to do so, or even been told it had been downloaded) and that I should try again later. Then, when I tried to connect with my Bluetooth headset, it wouldn't do so. I finally got it to work by turning off the headset and Bluetooth on the Pre, then turning both on again, but it took several tries to get it to work right, and I don't remember the exact sequence. I'm got to try to upgrade once I get all my Classic data backed up, and will see what happens then.
    I've similar problems of pairing my Palm Pre with my '07 BMW 328i (no Navigation), after upgrading to 1.4.

It connects to the car's head unit on and off. There's no signal bar displayed on the car anymore. It used to work fine with 1.3.5.1.

BTW, the Palm Pre now correctly transfers phone book to my '09 Volvl XC70 after 1.4, which it didn't before.

So there're must be some bluetooth code change that worked better on newer(?) bluetooth devices, while it breaks pairing with older(?) bluetooth devices.

Anyone else having similar experience?

Cheers,
    wmz505
    I am also having problems pairing with my '06 BMW 325i. Same thing...the phone thinks its paired but the car doesn't show the phone icon and I cannot access the communication menu. I tried deleting the palm pre from the BMW bluetooth devices and on the phone I deleted the BMW and tried to re-pair the phone and car. The pairing process seems to work (i can enter the access key) but after that its no good. It worked fine with 1.3.5.1. There is a thread on the palm support forum...post there as well to let them know this is serious!
    forums.palm.com/t5/Bluetooth-WiFi/Bluetooth-problem-with-Palm-Pre-and-BMW-6-Series/td-p/251481/highlight/false/page/2

this is obviously something Palm dropped the Ball on...sucks big time...it also is connected to the volume control problem going on and off
    Prior to 1.4, i could pair with my phone. I called help desk and they had me go to Webos site and re apply my operating system. I was able to pair as I did prior to the upgrade. A few days later, the upgrade came again and caused the same problem and I cannot pair again. Does anyone know of a patch that will fix the pairing problem with blue tooth. This is very annoying. I cannot operate my car with hands free on the phone. I am ready to throw this phone in the trash.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I had the same issue w/ my 2007 BMW 335xi, BT worked great before the 1.4 update but not after. The solution, is to go to palm.com/rom and doctor your phone to 1.4. Don't forget to backup first. My Pre now works perfectly w/ mt BMW.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
    I had the same issue w/ my 2007 BMW 335xi, BT worked great before the 1.4 update but not after. The solution, is to go to palm.com/rom and doctor your phone to 1.4. Don't forget to backup first. My Pre now works perfectly w/ mt BMW.
    Wait..you are saying that the 1.4 update broke the BT pairing with your BMW, but that after you doctored it to the exact same V1.4 it now pairs and works correctly...phone book and everything?!?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Wait..you are saying that the 1.4 update broke the BT pairing with your BMW, but that after you doctored it to the exact same V1.4 it now pairs and works correctly...phone book and everything?!?
    Yes. After using the WebOS Docter V1.4, the BT works correctly w/ my 2007 BMW 335xi, phone book and everything.
    I have a Kenwood head unit, and 1.4 has caused it to work only intermittently. It disconnects during calls, but the call stays active on the phone. It is very bizarre.

My soon-to-be ex-wife is having similar problems with her Parrot BT set up in her car.
    The 1.4 update broke the connection with 2009 Volvo xc90, doctored the 1.4 still had issues during hangup and some durring initial connect. Doctored back to 1.3.5 and phone works great again. Lost the video camera but need the bluetooth way more. Almost left the Pre for another phone I was so frustrated...