1.    #1  
    Preware refuses to load on my pre (Never had a problem before) So I've been trying through WebOS Quick Install. I receive this message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

NOTE: No patches found!
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done

I can assure you there are patches on my phone because my 4x4 icons, 4 launcher screens and battery percentage are staring me in the face.

I have reset numerous times and even took the battery out... please don't tell me I need to doctor
  2.    #2  
    Ok I decided to just sit and let preware do its thing on my phone. After watching "Downloading Feed Information" for about 15minutes this message came on my screen:
    Collected errors;ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return
    value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/
    ipkg-J1xA3v
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware
    /armv7/Packages.gz',ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return
    value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/
    ipkg-J1xA3v
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...9;,wget:cannot connect to remote host
    (140.211.169.177): Connection timed
    out,wget: cannot connect to remote
    host (140.211.169.177): Connection
    timed out

Now that I typed all that I hope someone can help me out, I'm going crazy
    The server Preware gets all the packages from is being hammered right now. EPR is located on that server, which is why it's not installing correctly. WebOS Quick Install also gets the packages through that server. So it'd be best to wait until the servers cool down.

Also, Doctoring your phone doesn't remove anything in the /media partition. There are some reset options that erase everything on the /media partition.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    try deleting preware then installing it again via wosqi,,,,,that what i did
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    The server Preware gets all the packages from is being hammered right now. EPR is located on that server, which is why it's not installing correctly. WebOS Quick Install also gets the packages through that server. So it'd be best to wait until the servers cool down.

Also, Doctoring your phone doesn't remove anything in the /media partition. There are some reset options that erase everything on the /media partition.
    Thank you! I was wondering if that might have something to do with it.

I got into preware and I'm in the process of removing my patches one by one. If I can get through them all do you think it would be safe to update?
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    Thank you! I was wondering if that might have something to do with it.

I got into preware and I'm in the process of removing my patches one by one. If I can get through them all do you think it would be safe to update?
    Safe to update to 1.4? If so, there's no need to remove your patches. Auto Update Patch Technology is what lets you keep your patches installed through a firmware update.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Safe to update to 1.4? If so, there's no need to remove your patches. Auto Update Patch Technology is what lets you keep your patches installed through a firmware update.
    What is this? I have not heard of Auto Update Patch Technology... So You're telling me I really didn't to go through this? hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    What is this? I have not heard of Auto Update Patch Technology... So You're telling me I really didn't to go through this? hahaha
    It's a technology built into patches found in Preware and installed through WOSQI 3.0.1 and higher. Yes, you could have left them applied.
  9.    #9  
    Well now I feel like an ***** haha. Thank you!!
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!