1.    #1  
    So I've been playing around with videos this morning after the 1.4 update and I like how you can send the videos via MMS but when you receive one there is no way to save it to your media folder on the USB partition easily. I've noticed this before when someone has sent me an mp3.

There is now an option to forward it via email so that is a workaround. But am I completely missing something or is there no way to save MMS media directly to the pre?
    +2
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    any resolution or tips on media? I have the problem with an mp3 in my email. Thanks.
    You can do this directly on your phone using the Internalz app.

Whenever you receive a photo (which you can save via standard functionality) or an audio file, Palm creates a folder and stores the file in /media/internal/.attachments/mms/

1) Open Internalz
    2) Navigate to /media/internal/.attachment/mms/
    3) Scroll all the way down to the bottom (the last folder is the most recent)
    4) Open folder
    5) Click on file (there will be at least two files but you should be able to determine which one is the audio file...it will not have an extension....at least for me it did not)
    6) Select 'Info'
    7) Add .mp3 as the file extension (this must be done in order to play the file)
    8) Select 'Move' from the list
    9) Select the folder you want to move it to...for ringtones it will be /media/internal/ringtones

There you go. You now have a ringtone saved to your phone that was sent via text.

Hope this helps. I use it all the time. It's not as great as being able to save it from the text directly, like you can for a photo, but you can at least save an audio file sent to you.

It's best to save the file as soon as you get it since you'll know what folder the file is in. If you wait and receive other MMS and additional folders are created then you will have to fish for the file, which could take some time.

Also, please note, I saved the files I got as .mp3 because they were mp3's sent to me but did not have the .mp3 extension for some reason. I have not tried this with other file types but I would imagine it would work if the file type can be played on the Pre.

Mike
    Last edited by mikedill24; 05/19/2010 at 03:23 PM.