Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know with the new up date you can see the time you spent in a call when you got to the call history but I don't see it anyone else?
  2.    #2  
    I dont see it either. Just tried the call log patch and got an error..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  4.    #4  
    well it's part of the update! You don't need a patch if you click on the person under history it will show you the number and the time spent. But I don't see the time spent I only saw it for like 5 seconds then I did a luna restart and it was gone!
  5.    #5  
    you can tap the contact photo or icon in a call history entry to display options for that entry, including dialing an alternate number, sending a text message, opening a contact, or adding the number as a contact. The expanded display also includes call details such as (((call length ))) and phone number type.
    I didn't see the call duration, so I figured it would only work for new calls. I made a test call & now the duration is visible on all calls.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I didn't see the call duration, so I figured it would only work for new calls. I made a test call & now the duration is visible on all calls.
    ugh!! I can't see mine idk y I think I'm like the only one. What phone patches do you have install?
  8.    #8  
    anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    anyone else?
    No call duration on Sprint. That's always been a Sprint "policy" on their smartphones. I'm sure it can be overwritten/fixed with an updated patch... and yes, I know it shouldn't be necessary.

My guess is that the call duration info is visible on other carriers.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    anyone else?
    I could swear to dogs that I saw it, then after my first post-update reboot, it went away. Glad I'm not the only one!
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I did a test call too, and no duration.

Although.... does it have to be more than a minute? Hmm... time to test!

Nope. 2 minute call, and no duration. I'm on Sprint, BTW.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Nah, I've had 3 calls much longer than a minute, with no duration what so ever. I'm on Sprint.
    It hasn't always been missing on smartphones.. Ever use a PPC 6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It hasn't always been missing on smartphones.. Ever use a PPC 6700?
    Nope haven't used that one, but on every phone I've ever used on Sprint they've hidden it by default, and I've needed to use a patch or hack to get it back. Like said above, it's just Sprint's policy.

That's been on a Treo 600, 700p, 755p, and Moto q9c, in addition to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nope haven't used that one, but on every phone I've ever used on Sprint they've hidden it by default, and I've needed to use a patch or hack to get it back. Like said above, it's just Sprint's policy.

That's been on a Treo 600, 700p, 755p, and Moto q9c, in addition to the Pre.
    Agreed. Add Treo 650, Treo 700wx, and HTC Touch Diamond to that list, too. All had call duration disabled on Sprint. It's been that way for several years.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Sounds like deception to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Sounds like deception to me...
    It's only deception if Sprint publishes the same change log for 1.4 as Palm did and claims the Sprint version of the phone can do it.

Palm put the feature in. Sprint disabled it. So Palm didn't lie about the feature. It exists and is available to the carriers to implement or disable.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    It's only deception if Sprint publishes the same change log for 1.4 as Palm did and claims the Sprint version of the phone can do it.

Palm put the feature in. Sprint disabled it. So Palm didn't lie about the feature. It exists and is available to the carriers to implement or disable.
    I'm talking about deception on Sprint's part.

"My bill says this call was 47 minutes, but I KNOW it was only 42!!"

"Prove it."

"Umm... I can't seem to find the call duration on my phone. hmm.."

"Sorry Charley. Pay up."
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I'm talking about deception on Sprint's part.

"My bill says this call was 47 minutes, but I KNOW it was only 42!!"

"Prove it."

"Umm... I can't seem to find the call duration on my phone. hmm.."

"Sorry Charley. Pay up."
    Ahh, yes. Well, there's the rub, isn't it? I'm not saying that Sprint is justified in their policy. I don't agree with the policy. I think it is a disservice to customers and wish Sprint would drop the practice.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Ahh, yes. Well, there's the rub, isn't it? I'm not saying that Sprint is justified in their policy. I don't agree with the policy. I think it is a disservice to customers and wish Sprint would drop the practice.
    I actually find this information very interesting. I was missing this feature on my previous Instinct and A900 phones, and thought it was just a Samsung thing... Guess not.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast