Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Yes, the patch works fine.
    In my experience it needs a full reboot not just a Luna restart after you install the patch and enable it (disable hiding duration ) in the phone preferences. Any calls made on 1.4 before enabling it will not have duration in the call log (at least, none of mine from the first day before I enabled it show duration)
    do we need a patch to do this?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Here's a way to do it "manually". When I did this, my call durations showed up for calls before 1.4.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-sprint.html
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

So glad we have patches. Now I am going to have to put a charged battery in my 800w to see if it was on there.. I don't remember. I did dig out my PPC 6700 and confirm it is on there, though it only shows for one call at a time and only when you click on it.
    Grabber, my last phone on Sprint was an 800w and it definitely did have call duration in the call log. (Everybody keeps telling me Sprint has never had it but I used it all the time... and this was only two months ago).

I am very angry that Sprint has purposely hobbled the interface like this. Call duration is very important to me (as someone who bills their time) and I am really regretting switching from Verizon now. If I had known Sprint was this asinine I would have never moved to their service.

When I got my Pixi I thought it was something Palm hadn't gotten around to yet and have been waiting for an update to fix it ever since. Now (after my return period is expired and I amn stuck in a 2 year contract) I find out Sprint is the one blocking it (for no apparent reason) and I will likely never get it on their phone.

If anyone has any ideas on how I might get out of my contract please share... I hate to reward Sprint with a cancellation fee for their boneheaded decisions.

(and I should spell out in this thread that I am very much wanting to avoid "hacking" my phone. I don't have time to worry about updates failing and whatnot due to custom fixes to something that Sprint themselves broke)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Here's a way to do it "manually". When I did this, my call durations showed up for calls before 1.4.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-sprint.html
    Insane, I was looking at your guide. Is this WebOS Quick Install for Mac only? The file linked to is a "jar" file and the guide mentions Mac Java.

I can't believe I have to hack a phone just to get call durations. Still . And only getting er at this whole situation.

Thanks Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    do we need a patch to do this?
    The old patch has now been updated and it works on Sprint.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123