Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I read about that feature too and was looking around to see if I can find it, but, as others noted, can't find the call length. Now I had a Sprint Touch before, and if I remember right, that thing showed call duration, but I am not sure anymore. Maybe we should ask Sprint if that really is something they are doing on their end.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I read about that feature too and was looking around to see if I can find it, but, as others noted, can't find the call length. Now I had a Sprint Touch before, and if I remember right, that thing showed call duration, but I am not sure anymore. Maybe we should ask Sprint if that really is something they are doing on their end.
    No question that it's Sprint doing it. All my other phones (prior to being on Sprint) had call duration... And every phone I've looked at on other carriers (even Palm devices) has call duration enabled.

You can thank Sprint, courtesy of "Configuration: Sprint 2.3" on the Pre's/Pixi's Device Info screen. If what we received on the Pre/Pixi was the vanilla version of webOS 1.4, then we would have the feature as described in the change log.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    No question that it's Sprint doing it. All my other phones (prior to being on Sprint) had call duration... And every phone I've looked at on other carriers (even Palm devices) has call duration enabled.

You can thank Sprint, courtesy of "Configuration: Sprint 2.3" on the Pre's/Pixi's Device Info screen. If what we received on the Pre/Pixi was the vanilla version of webOS 1.4, then we would have the feature as described in the change log.
    Now I am going to have to dig through the carrier customization stuff in the webosdoc file and see what all is in there.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I could swear to dogs that I saw it, then after my first post-update reboot, it went away. Glad I'm not the only one!
    i saw it to! Then it went away after I did a luna restart
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Since Sprint now includes unlimited to ANY mobile in all their data plans, I would think call duration isn't as big of an issue anymore, unless you are calling landlines constantly...
    I too have no call duration in the call log however I just got off the phone with my Dad and noticed this I'm not certain if this was there before but while talking with my Dad he gave me his new address so I minimized the phone card and opened the contact list to put in his new address. While the phone card was minimized I noticed that the call duration was showing at the bottom of the screen in the notification area it appeared to be keeping track of the time I was on the call but as soon as the call ended so did the time notification and nothing showed up in the call log either.

Again I am uncertain if it did this before the update maybe someone could shed some light on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    I too have no call duration in the call log however I just got off the phone with my Dad and noticed this I'm not certain if this was there before but while talking with my Dad he gave me his new address so I minimized the phone card and opened the contact list to put in his new address. While the phone card was minimized I noticed that the call duration was showing at the bottom of the screen in the notification area it appeared to be keeping track of the time I was on the call but as soon as the call ended so did the time notification and nothing showed up in the call log either.

Again I am uncertain if it did this before the update maybe someone could shed some light on this.
    It did this prior to 1.4.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    No call duration on Sprint. That's always been a Sprint "policy" on their smartphones. I'm sure it can be overwritten/fixed with an updated patch... and yes, I know it shouldn't be necessary.

My guess is that the call duration info is visible on other carriers.
    Really?

I could have sworn my Treo 755p showed call duration, but I guess I really can't remember for sure.

In any case, I like the interface of the new call log with 1.4 much better. Would be nice if they could make a patch to add the duration, as this is something I like to check on occasion.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The phone app is buggy. I would say that 1 out of every 6-7 luna restarts, the call duration actually works. Otherwise, it doesn't work. I'll notice that when the Phone app gets stuck loading, I'll have to swipe it away and restart it. When it is restarted after getting stuck loading, the call duration works again. Very buggy indeed. I believe many others are seeing this as well (other threads about it).

I'll post a screen shot before I do a Luna Restart showing the call duration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/27/2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The phone app is buggy. I would say that 1 out of every 6-7 luna restarts, the call duration actually works. Otherwise, it doesn't work. I'll notice that when the Phone app gets stuck loading, I'll have to swipe it away and restart it. When it is restarted after getting stuck loading, the call duration works again. Very buggy indeed. I believe many others are seeing this as well (other threads about it).
    First I'm hearing of any of this (buggy phone app and hanging). Are you talking about on a Sprint Pre? Never had any of the issues you're talking about and I've never seen call duration in the call log, without a patch applied. (Sure the phone shows call duration while on a call, but not after it has ended.)

Which threads are people complaining about this?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

First I'm hearing of any of this (buggy phone app and hanging). Are you talking about on a Sprint Pre? Never had any of the issues you're talking about and I've never seen call duration in the call log, without a patch applied. (Sure the phone shows call duration while on a call, but not after it has ended.)

Which threads are people complaining about this?
    Sprint Pre. It has only been hanging on 1.4 (doesn't always happen), never did this in 1.3.5.1. In the Palm Change log, it states that call duration has been enabled in 1.4. No, the call duration patch is NOT installed and that patch no longer works in 1.4. When I say that the phone app is buggy, I speaking in terms of the call duration and it working only after the phone app gets stuck in the loading screen (swipe it away and reload the phone app and the call duration works again, buggy).

phone_2010-27-02_200442.png

Discussed here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2259936

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2258234
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/27/2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Hmm, okay. Color me convinced. I didn't realize you were only talking about since 1.4. For the record, I've never had any patches applied (ever) and have never had the call duration show in the log (1.4 or prior).

But now that I know it's possible, I'll try and see if I can get it to show up (multiple reboots, etc.) and see if this is reproducible.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Sprint Pre. It has only been hanging on 1.4 (doesn't always happen), never did this in 1.3.5.1. In the Palm Change log, it states that call duration has been enabled in 1.4. No, the call duration patch is NOT installed and that patch no longer works in 1.4. When I say that the phone app is buggy, I speaking in terms of the call duration and it working only after the phone app gets stuck in the loading screen (swipe it away and reload the phone app and the call duration works again, buggy).

phone_2010-27-02_200442.png

Discussed here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2259936

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2258234
    I guess that is my problem -- my phone app has not been hanging at all. In fact, it is faster than it has ever been.

Oh well, if it is a choice of a faster phone app or a call log, I'll take the faster phone app.
    Oh yeah, my phone is app is quicker than before (when it doesn't hang). Even after the phone app starts with the call duration working, it is still very quick. I'm just hoping that Palm sees it as the intermittent problem that it is and fixes it with a .1 patch.

And just for the record, the phone app will only hang 1 out of every 9-10 times....
    The "Call Duration" patch is now available through a Preware update. After installing, go to the phone "preferences" and toggle the "hide call durations" option to 'NO' .... The system gives you a choice to do a Luna restart (required for patch to take effect)

Durations are visible next to the phone number of each call under the drop-down menu for each contact in your call history (it's small, but it's there).
    Call duration is not available on Sprint devices. Release notes have been updated
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Call duration is not available on Sprint devices. Release notes have been updated
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww
    Well, that confirms what we had all suspected.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Well, that confirms what we had all suspected.
    Yup.

So glad we have patches. Now I am going to have to put a charged battery in my 800w to see if it was on there.. I don't remember. I did dig out my PPC 6700 and confirm it is on there, though it only shows for one call at a time and only when you click on it.
    so does the patch work then?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast