1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm waaay ahead of myself, but I'm already wondering what people would like to see when webOS hits version 2.0.

I have a few ideas already:

Widget capability (I wouldn't use them but some people would, android users that i know swear by them)

Integrate the patches that developers have made available in preware and webOS Quick Install in the OS officially.

Silverlight (might as well, we're getting Flash. I know this is Microsoft but Palm could put the building blocks in place.)

Photo editing. Basic stuff really, even though the hardware is capable of more.

I like the Nexus One's 3D interface style. I know it's all show, but it does look cool. How bout if we could have our launcher pages in a "cube" in the middle of the screen that we can rotate to the page we want?

I know some of you have ideas or your own. I just came up with these off the top of my head. And with all the negative talk it's good to think of the future and where things could go for us.
    the widgets would require a total overhaul so i dont see those happening and the 3d cube interface would hog alot of resources and just be a gimmick but im sure theyd attract people who are easily impressed perhaps if it could be turned on and off
    still owning an android phone, one of the things I like about webOS is that it's not android. I would not want to see widgets in webOS the way they are in Android. I suggested in another thread, and I'm sure it's been talked about before too; I'd like to see the background be active when in the home state. The background is simply wasted. I don't want to see row and column type widgets. It would clash with the elegance of the OS. I'd like to see the background be a whole widget and one that could be toggled through double taps. If Palm ever opens up the door for the calendar to be accessed, an agenda page would be nice. Then with some double taps you could go from sports updates, to stock quotes, to weather and so on. You'd maintain the elegance of webOS and still thumb your nose to Android. It's the one thing I don't like about Android. There's just nothing elegant about it. Sense helps, but it's just rough, albeit functional.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Patches will never be supported by Palm as they can cause major issues. You'll never see Silverlight as it is windows/mac only, though unofficially you could port over moonlight today if you wanted.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    My wish list would be:

1. Windows Live Messenger Integration
    2. Voice Recorder
    3. Option to Select All Items in any menu so you can delete quicker.
    4. Speed Improvement -SIGNIFICANT
    5. Fix too many card issue
    6. Themes
    7. Voice Dialing
    8. Ability to Sync Outlook Notes to and from Desktop
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    My wish list would be:

1. Windows Live Messenger Integration
    2. Voice Recorder
    3. Option to Select All Items in any menu so you can delete quicker.
    4. Speed Improvement -SIGNIFICANT
    5. Fix too many card issue
    6. Themes
    7. Voice Dialing
    8. Ability to Sync Outlook Notes to and from Desktop
    9. Windows Live calendar, email too (although email is supported, but not officially).

10. More dialing options.
    11. Ability to create draft sms's. (try it now, it doesnt save!, and there is not patch for this).
    12. Automatic profiles would be nice, i loved them on my nokia. Where during a "meeting" it would switch to silent profile, and switch back to normal etc when the meeting finished!
    13. BATTERY LIFE- MORE SIGNIFICANT.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    9. Windows Live calendar, email too (although email is supported, but not officially).

10. More dialing options.
    11. Ability to create draft sms's. (try it now, it doesnt save!, and there is not patch for this).
    12. Automatic profiles would be nice, i loved them on my nokia. Where during a "meeting" it would switch to silent profile, and switch back to normal etc when the meeting finished!
    13. BATTERY LIFE- MORE SIGNIFICANT.
    Explain 10 and 12 for me. How would you select the profile? What additional dialing options would you want?

oh and:

14. Visual Voice Mail.
    not entirely true. What is a patch in a current version of webOS could be something that's integrated into it in future versions.

+1 on a memo sync
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Patches will never be supported by Palm as they can cause major issues. You'll never see Silverlight as it is windows/mac only, though unofficially you could port over moonlight today if you wanted.
    @Lotto

for 12. basically in your calendar, you would have a meeting, say "2pm, meeting with the Jetsons, lasts till 3pm".
    So during that time, the phone knows you are busy, in a meeting. So it selects silent (no ringtones, only vibrate) during that time.
    i thought it was a cool feature, saves me from constantly checking my phone to make sure its on silent.

for 10. say i'm roaming aboard, it would be nice if i could goto contact select "booty call" and change the first bit of the number BEFORE it dials , instead of it immediately dialing the number.

ohh 15. Contacts are LOCALLY stored, so that when i need to find a number in a hurry it will be there, i wont have to stare at "loading"....
    I just want the BASIC functionality and options I already have in my Palm Treo 680 and I report about in my post "Vital webOS limitations" that nobody comment on...

Because I use my smartphone to manage my life and over 60 projects, not just for fun and games... So it would as example be a pain in the *** to always have to scroll through huge texts and a lot of extra empty space, when a simple setting / option would fix that and show more text than in 680 instead of dramatically less... Remember that Pre has as bigger screen and that you only need 25% more space (not 100% more) for accurate finger navigation!!!

And observe that the limitations I wrote about are mainly missing options / alternative settings, that actually NOT change anything in the default GUI view and only give more generous possibilities!

But people who need a really smart phone, have maybe left Palm and use another OS by now????
    @Lotto

for 12. basically in your calendar, you would have a meeting, say "2pm, meeting with the Jetsons, lasts till 3pm".
    So during that time, the phone knows you are busy, in a meeting. So it selects silent (no ringtones, only vibrate) during that time.
    i thought it was a cool feature, saves me from constantly checking my phone to make sure its on silent.

for 10. say i'm roaming aboard, it would be nice if i could goto contact select "booty call" and change the first bit of the number BEFORE it dials , instead of it immediately dialing the number.

ohh 15. Contacts are LOCALLY stored, so that when i need to find a number in a hurry it will be there, i wont have to stare at "loading"....
    Those are some hot ideas! Now how do we get this list over to Palm so that it can come under consideration for 1.5 release?
    i believe there is a link somewhere on this forum to palm's feedback forum.

16. ability to use the LED flash in video would be nice!
    @Lotto

16. Facebook chat integrated in the messenging app.

17. ability to remove the useless bottom that brings up the launcher page

18.Option to have multiple "pages" of the quick icons, so one swipe gives you another 5 apps. But make it like the the iphones launcher pages.. So when ever you select something, it goes back to the original ones. If you go from full screen, to card view, have it go back to the original ones... So your more important ones are still easy to get to..
    Loosen up restrictions on access to contacts. The contact apps are crippled because of the security placed on accessing the contact data. Though I can surmise good reason for this, it puts too much limit on improving the contact application.
    WebOS is mostly supposed to be open for developers to improve on it. But the contact app is an exception.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!