Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    There's no date online, but these two sites detail the update process & changelog. Call VZW tech to confirm!
    support.vzw.com/system_update/pixi_plus.html
    support.vzw.com/system_update/pre_plus.html
  2. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #2  
    lol jus like 25, 26 , now 27th comeon man
  3. #3  
    you know that would be pretty messed up to let the biggest market wait while the 3he rest of the world enjoys the update but to make us wait another day just takes the cake if this is true
  4. Scratch59's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    you know that would be pretty messed up to let the biggest market wait while the 3he rest of the world enjoys the update but to make us wait another day just takes the cake if this is true
    I contend that although the overall VZW user base is larger, the WebOS contingent on Sprint far and away outpaces that of Verizon.

    Those of us on Sprint have been waiting for some of these features since last June.

    At the same time I would say that Palm has no reason to release this update on two different days other than by the insistence of the carrier. Maybe they prefer to have the update released during non-peak data usage times so as to not provide additional strain on their services for business users.

    Whatever the reason, I would have to say a staggered data-of-release would be carrier driven, not Palm.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    you know that would be pretty messed up to let the biggest market wait while the 3he rest of the world enjoys the update but to make us wait another day just takes the cake if this is true
    I doubt that it would come out tomorrow since it would be saturday. If it's coming before March, I think it would be today. Besides, friday is a good day to release it since it's last business day of the week and it gives us a whole weekend to play with the new features.
  6. #6  
    to be fair here sprint should had got it first since we have this device the longest and support it the longest then europe then verizon and europe got it first what isnt ok already. but i give that them because they still dont have a way on getting the us app store they barely have any apps yet. so but to be fair sprint first europe second verizon 3rd. that how it should be if its fair.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I doubt that it would come out tomorrow since it would be saturday. If it's coming before March, I think it would be today. Besides, friday is a good day to release it since it's last business day of the week and it gives us a whole weekend to play with the new features.
    Though Palm has released an update on a weekend before.
  8. tjdalton's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    lol jus like 25, 26 , now 27th comeon man
    well to be fair, the 25th date was always listed as rumor, the 26th date was from a post on SPRINT forums and said nothing about the update for Verizon. Plus the post from Sprint also said it would be released in the Evening of the 26th which since it's only 422 on the east coast here, we still haven't hit the evening hours just yet.
  9. #9  
    I noticed on that page for the palm pre it says the mobile hotspot app is now bundled with the update. I wonder if theres any changes to the source code of it. (sprint users?).
  10. woody88's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #10  
    it will be out by 2/29/2010, I guarantee it.
  11. #11  
    it will be out when its "ready" loool

    starting to sound like that famous game that was never completed.....

    wonder if they delay has anything to do with palms money woes
  12. #12  
    Is it just me or is anyone else hitting the updates button almost every hour and constantly refreshing precentral.com to see if it's out yet?
    I bet it will come out on the 28th.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    it will be out by 2/29/2010, I guarantee it.
    But that day doesn't exist!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else hitting the updates button almost every hour and constantly refreshing precentral.com to see if it's out yet?
    I bet it will come out on the 28th.
    Yup! How lame! This whole delay process is really p***ing me off Just announce a date and deliver for heaven's sake! Is it really so difficult???
  15. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #15  
    Just left my local Sprint store. They showed me the email stating 1.4 will be released later today (26th) for the Pre and the 29th for the Pixi. After we were done laughing at it not being a leap year he said it usually comes out a day after they get the email.. .
  16. #16  
    I dont see a date any where on the links you posted. It does seem like they are saying it is ready for download now.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Just left my local Sprint store. They showed me the email stating 1.4 will be released later today (26th) for the Pre and the 29th for the Pixi. After we were done laughing at it not being a leap year he said it usually comes out a day after they get the email.. .
    Well, it's 7PM Central time and still nothing. This is just stupid! Who releases a long awaited update late in the evening??
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Well, it's 7PM Central time and still nothing. This is just stupid! Who releases a long awaited update late in the evening??
    7pm CT translates to 5pm in Sunnyvale, CA. just sayin.
  19. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #19  
    Ya this is by far the strangest timing for an OTA update. Must be because Verizon is in the mix now but who knows..

    I keep seeing random people getting the update. It's as if Palm is trickling out the update with an eye-drop.
  20. #20  
    Almost 9PM and still nothing...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions