1.    #1  
    I wanted to remove my patches to see if that would improve battery life. I started deleting some in PreWare, but wasn't sure which ones I needed to keep, so I did a partial reset.

Now, PreWare's gone, the patches are still there, and I don't know what to do. Do I need to save all my pics and do a full reset?

Also, what's going to happen when 1.4 comes out? Will it get rid of all my patches, or could my patches being there goof things up?
    you have a few options. u can re-install preware and remove the rest of the patches that way.
    or you can use the emergency patch recovery tool and that will get rid of all ur patches.
    you can also use web os quick install to remove them or run the emergency patch recovery.
    as far as 1.4 is concerned. when it comes out it will not mess anything up if u have patches. the patches are like placeholders. so whoever made the patch updates it for 1.4 then it will be back on the device.

Hope that helps if u need more help just ask
    u can also hold down the orange button on your keyboard (sprint pre) or the white button (verizon) and tap the app icon.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Can I remove all patches that are on the list, or are some actually part of webOS?
    Why is it called an emergency patch recovery tool when it deletes patches? The name makes it sound as if it recovers them......
    Also, WebOS Quick Install can remove patches. WOSQI and Preware use the same patching standard

Though in the case you present, just running EPR via WOSQI might be easiest
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Why is it called an emergency patch recovery tool when it deletes patches? The name makes it sound as if it recovers them......
    because it recovers all the files and what not that were edited and restores the factory defaults
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    because it recovers all the files and what not that were edited and restores the factory defaults
    Thank you for that, as I was wondering the same thing.
  9.    #9  
    I tried doing the EPR and I kept getting an error. I ended up doing the WebOSDoctor thing and it removed all my patches. So far, my battery life has been a lot better (non-scientific testing), but this could either be from no patches or 1.4.
    eh. Sorry you had to do that.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, it was something I didn't want to do, but I had fun looking through all the patches for the ones I wanted to install.

So far, even after having my Pre a month, I'm still having fun with it. When I got my Blackberry Curve, I was bored after a day or two.

+1