Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Greetings Everyone!

I thought it would be a good Idea to start a thread, where WebOS devs can
    introduce themselves, let the community know a little about them and let
    others know where to contact them. In-order is to promote WebOSdev relations.

I will start things off. Anyone interested just provide your information and a
    little something about yourself. Does not have to be in this format.

My Dev Alias is : Suruat

My Coding experience: Html, JSript and Css ( I am currently learning Java)

About Me:
    I am very new to programing, I started December 2009, because i bought in
    to webos, and i am loving it. I never thought i could ever code, let alone
    create an app. I have released 2 apps, as of now both are in the catalog,
    just search Suruat in the app catalog to find them. Also I have an app in the
    works, that will be my most advance as of yet. I am pretty excited about it.
    Like many other Devs in this thread have pointed out, this just goes to show
    the beauty of WebOS. I am a die-hard WebOS fan, and hope Palm succeeds.

Twitter: @Dev_Suruat
    I have just created a Dev twitter account and I encourage you all to do the same,
    and follow each other as a dev community.
    I will be following any webos dev that provides their Twitter via this Thread.

I would encourage any Webos Advocate/lover/customer to follow
    these Devs and be informed as to what is going on In WebOS_DevLand

Follow me on Twitter: @Dev_Suruat
    Last edited by suruat; 03/01/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    I am Kevin Foreman, the developer of Dealert and PowerNap.

Development experience: C#, WPF, Silverlight, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP.

I love webOS and want it to succeed, so as long as webOS devices are being sold, I will be here developing apps. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about any of my current or future apps, just let me know.

Thanks!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I should be sleeping but I'm not because I'm waiting for this darn update so here I am I'm not a developer but I'm launching MobiObie.com a mobile app review site, I'd love to be able to get some interviews from some of you guys for the site. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I will get some questions prepared.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks kev~
    Very Sweet xome~
    I'm Joe Sacher. sacherjj here and Twitter and most places.

I'm the author of Dope Wars and Word Whirl.

Development Experience: VBVBVB $3$-$6$ $and$ .$Net$, $C$#, $Python$ $2$.$x$, $Various$ $Assembler$, $C$++, $JavaScript$, $CSS$, $XSL$, $PHP$, $enough$ $Java$ $to$ $be$ $dangerous$. $Touched$ $so$ $many$ $other$ $languages$ $that$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $remember$, $Perl$ $and$ $Cobol$ $topping$ $that$ $list$. $Cobol$ $physically$ $burns$ $your$ $eyes$.

Trying to decide is I work on a few of my planned Apps as SDK projects or jump onto WebOS Internals C++ SDK for now and take a little longer for a better game implementation. I'm not getting the performance I hoped with a Canvas based Tower Defense using the SDK. A bunch of work for nothing to show for it.

The day job has been sucking up so much time. Hopefully that will change a little.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I like it. Hopefully it'll take off. I think users are more likely to support apps when they know a little about the devs themselves. I am working on becoming a dev, but can't even seem to find the time
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I haven't written any mobile apps.

I have a couple years experience in embedded systems.
    I have a few years experience in application programming.

I have a sickness/disease. Any new technology that comes along, I play with it for a few weeks, then grow tired of it.

Let's hope webOS brings an end to this cycle.

Dr. Dave 'Wheels' Royal
    Last edited by DrRoyal; 02/26/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Sports don't build character, they reveal it.
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    I am very new to programing, I started December 2009, because i bought in
    to webos, and i am loving it. I never thought i could ever code, let alone
    create an app. I have released 2 apps, as of now both are in the catalog,
    just search Suruat in the app catalog to find them.
    How did you get started coding I am very interested in learning. I made a theme and would really like to learn how to make some apps.
    I'm fine with this idea as long as it doesn't make users feel developers are unapproachable because they are developers.

Anyway, I'm Kris and I have two applications in the app catalog: Dumb Waiter and Wooter!. I have two updates pending for these applications along with a game that's just about finished development; I just haven't had time to get everything finalized and submitted.

I came from a background of C++ and C# programming but had knowledge of Xhtml, CSS and JSJSJS $from$ $my$ $days$ $of$ $a$ $web$ $designer$. $I$ $am$ $currently$ $a$ $web$ $developer$ $but$ $still$ $deal$ $with$ $mostly$ $C$#.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seancraig21 View Post
    How did you get started coding I am very interested in learning. I made a theme and would really like to learn how to make some apps.
    @ seancraig: I started with basic Html tutorials, than Css tutorials, than Javascript. These are the three things u need to program for web OS. Html and Css are a breeze, Most of ur efforts will and should be focused on JavaScript. Thats what i lack, and am reading many books to learn it. Go to W3Schools Online Web Tutorials which has tutorials on those 3 subjects, after you have done those for a while than go to developer.palm.com and download the SDK and just read through palms docs and do a few helloworld app. Thats what i did.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I'm fine with this idea as long as it doesn't make users feel developers are unapproachable because they are developers.

Anyway, I'm Kris and I have two applications in the app catalog: Dumb Waiter and Wooter!. I have two updates pending for these applications along with a game that's just about finished development; I just haven't had time to get everything finalized and submitted.

I came from a background of C++ and C# programming but had knowledge of Xhtml, CSS and JSJSJS $from$ $my$ $days$ $of$ $a$ $web$ $designer$. $I$ $am$ $currently$ $a$ $web$ $developer$ $but$ $still$ $deal$ $with$ $mostly$ $C$#.
    I actually was hoping this would help with that same problem, because users
    would know more about Devs and have higher access to devs, especially if the they provide such info as sites, twitter, support email, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I'm fine with this idea as long as it doesn't make users feel developers are unapproachable because they are developers
    Well, I think its great because the developers are real people just like you and me. (with the strong exception of Rod Whitby, Eric Gaudet, and Jason Robataille who are all just robots ).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hello I am David Strack of RMX Apps (rmxdave on Twitter and everywhere else) and I'm the developer of Digloo (entering the App Catalog next week, there was a video about it on PreCentral a few weeks ago) and Cabbie. I have 3 more apps that are ready to enter development as well.

Background: VBVBVB.$NET$, $Python$, $Java$, $C$# $for$ $about$ $4$ $years$ &$amp$; $web$ $development$ $for$ $about$ $6$ $years$.

Contact: @rmxdave on Twitter or email david [at] rmxapps.com

FYI - I'm developing apps right now to help partially fund my wedding this summer & pay off college tuition so I appreciate everyone's support!
    My real name is Karl, and I develop under the name dallashigh and/or webosnerd.com. I also use dallashigh on some other sites, but not many.

I am in my mid-20's, live in the Dallas area, and am currently studying for an AAS in Software Development. Once I receive my AAS, I'm hoping to find a kind soul to hire me out of my current cruddy job so that I can actually make a decent living while pursuing my BS, MS, and PhD (OK maybe not that last one ) in Software Engineering.

I have developed several patches as well as the homebrew app NTP Sync. I have light experience in Visual Basic, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and C++. I have intermediate experience in PHP and MySQL. I've actually written a lot of PHP/MySQL sites that would have made more sense as desktop apps, but I wrote them that way because it's what I'm most familiar with.

I am an intermediate-to-advanced Linux user and lover. I started using it about 5 years ago, and I'm still enamored with it. I am a huge fan of software that is "free as in freedom". In fact, it pains me to release my patches under the MIT license, but I understand that (1) it helps the community and (2) it's unlikely that a company would be able to profit off them, even if they wanted to. I'm also not a fan of BSD licenses, though I do see the purpose I think they are somewhat over-used. But that's a whole 'nother thread.

I can be reached at karl@webosnerd.com or through PM on this site. My unfinished website is at WebOS Nerd Wiki .
    Last edited by dallashigh; 03/14/2010 at 12:49 PM.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    There should be a special "Developer" tag or something so we know the developers when we see them. Maybe a devs only board.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Maybe a devs only board.
    How do you know there isn't?
    A big thank you to all the devs! Pro or hobbyist, I really appreciate your work. I enjoy the WebOS platform and everything you do to improve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    There should be a special "Developer" tag or something so we know the developers when we see them. Maybe a devs only board.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    A big thank you to all the devs! Pro or hobbyist, I really appreciate your work. I enjoy the WebOS platform and everything you do to improve it.
    +1
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks to the devs whos posted.
    Keep em coming ;-)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast