Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hello all, my name is Will Honey. I am known as Tibfib on the interwebs. I am 15, a sophomore in high school, and a webOS developer.

I began to be interested in the pre after CES and started posting on palmpreforum.org. Eventually, I dabbled with the SDK and started developing.

My only application in the catalog is called Countdown Puzzles, and I have a couple other projects under development including a BBM style chat app for webOS.

It's been great to learn more about other developers and I hope more post as well!

Will
    I'm Michael Roney, Jr.

I'm on twitter as @roneyii.

I'm the developer of paq batlh (beta feeds right now), and tuv.

I'm not much of a programmer, but I know enough. Most of my skill involves HTML.
    I'm also a Klingon translator. If anyone wants to add Klingon to their app, I'll donate my skills (normally $0.15/word).

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    There is a clause about not having Apps dealing with drugs and guns. After the gangster GTA clone in there, perhaps I should revisit it.
    seems like even Palm's morality has a price
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I am Kevin Foreman, the developer of Dealert and PowerNap.

Development experience: C#, WPF, Silverlight, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP.

I love webOS and want it to succeed, so as long as webOS devices are being sold, I will be here developing apps. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about any of my current or future apps, just let me know.

Thanks!
    I don't mean to hijack this thread...just wanted to say I love PowerNap. I use it all the time. Great stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
    All these shiny developers...

I'm still working on my first app (Steam friends apps).

I have experience in RoR, JSJSJS, $CSS$, $HTML$, $PHP$, $And$ $am$ $learning$ $Assembly$ $and$ $Java$ ($CS$ $Major$).

I currently work as a web developer for the CSU system, generally converting php apps to RoR apps.
    and +1 for use of "shiny"... (wondering how many people in the 'verse get that?)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Can't stop the signal....

Just went back and watched all the eps this last weekend as well!
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Great idea for a thread. My name is Rob Bredow and I'm CTO and Visual Effects Supervisor for Sony Pictures Imageworks by day. My most recent film was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I'm a long-time Palm user and started programming for the Pre when it was first released by Sprint.

I've released three apps so far. The first two are airplane gauge apps called Altimeter and Attitude Indicator. Simple, functional, and hopefully fun to look at and use.

My most popular app is Paratrooper. Paratrooper is an accelerometer-based game where you try to land your troopers on the "X" while avoiding the obstacles. A simple concept, but it gets tricky on the higher levels. It's been really rewarding to see everyone continuing to play the game and score new global high scores everyday.

We got a nice surprise today when Palm featured Paratrooper in their GDC email blast! Thanks for all your support and feedback here at Precentral.

Rob
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Dirk Bergstrom, developer of Keyring.

I started coding in middle school on a TRS-80 Model I, followed by an Apple ][ in High School, but then I got sidetracked into careers as a chemist and a librarian. I didn't get back to coding until the mid-nineties. Started with Perl, taught myself Java, and then moved to Python, mostly web-related stuff the whole way. I just quit my job to spend a few months doing open source work full time, so I'm hoping to put out some interesting stuff, both webOS and otherwise.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    sorry suruat, dont mean to junk up your thread, but i just wanted to send out a special thanks to all the developers, but especially to Jason Robitaille.. he has done sooo much for our community and i dont think he gets enough props for it... webos quick install was one of the most vital programs made for our devices and he puts a lot of work in improving and updating. So once again Thanks!!!!!
    Name: Henk Jonas
    Nick: MetaView
    Twitter: MetaView

WebOS Apps:

FreeWeather, Consumption Calculator (these were just a warming up)
    Match This!, Match This! Pro (these are real fun and the pro is worth the buck)
    OGCOpenInfo (that was for a friend of mine)
    Wikay (my daily read in the train)
    MapTool (All I need for geocaching)
    TravelGuide Light, TravelGuide Light (Always know what's around me)
    ÜberRadio (Might replace 2PlayMe as my daily alarm clock soon)

I started programming decades ago on a ZX Spectrum with some Basic and Assembler patching. After upgrading to an Amiga 500 I developed 2 apps: Messlabor (view x/y graphs) and MetaView (a gfx converter, since this time my nick follows me )

Coming to Palm OS in 2003(?) I was quite successful on this platform with apps like 2TwitMe (still my main twitter client even on WebOS), 2PlayMe (my old Centro is still allowed to wake me up), 2TrackMe (replaced by MapTool now), OperaFrontEnd and some very successful ports like PalmPDF, Duke3D (it's coming home to WebOS soon!!!), ZHexen2 and Crimson Fields.

Now I have a Palm Pre since 4 month and even if time is very limited today, the rush is not over yet
    Last edited by MetaView; 03/20/2010 at 05:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm Alice Carback.

I've been doing web development since high school. I picked some Comp Sci skills and Java in college. My day job is Interfaces, Web Development, and Java.

I have no apps out yet, but I'm working on a shopping utility app. I'm hoping to have it out in beta this month under the name "Roots Up Development."

I have been a huge supporter of webOS and helped organized the Baltimore/DC preDevCamp. I talk about about webOS constantly on Twitter as @acarback and blog about webOS (and other stuff) on my blog c0deba.be/blog
    - acarback

aka Roots Up Development
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Great work on both Paratrooper and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    and let me mention that I love the idea of this post...getting to learn a little bit more about the developers behind some of these amazing webos apps is pure genius!!!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt View Post
    sorry suruat, dont mean to junk up your thread, but i just wanted to send out a special thanks to all the developers, but especially to Jason Robitaille.. he has done sooo much for our community and i dont think he gets enough props for it... webos quick install was one of the most vital programs made for our devices and he puts a lot of work in improving and updating. So once again Thanks!!!!!
    +1
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/02/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just wanted to add a quick note that a lot of the great developers here hang out in the #webos IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. And those that don't, should!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thx Guys!!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    I am the developer of Go To Tool.

I wrote my first javascript app in the mid-90s (for keeping track of dart scores with a GUI where you click on the board to enter a score) and have been working with various web technologies ever since.

Web Site: GoToTool.com

Dude, can you make a WebOS app, for keeping track of darts? That would be pretty cool. type in names, press on dart board on screen to keep score. I'd buy it!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    any other Devs?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    bump
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234