Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Some time ago there was a browser bug where the "bottom" of the page wouldn't be rendered. This was fixed but returned somewhere in 1.3.x. Have those of you who already have 1.4 found out of this bug has been fixed again?
    I don't yet have 1.4, but a quick workaround for the bug when you encounter it is to simply double-tap the screen (like you're trying to snap-zoom). That will force the browser to render the rest of the page.

I sometimes get this bug when I revisit a page in the same browsing session.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I don't yet have 1.4, but a quick workaround for the bug when you encounter it is to simply double-tap the screen (like you're trying to snap-zoom). That will force the browser to render the rest of the page.

I sometimes get this bug when I revisit a page in the same browsing session.
    I'll try that next time.
    Or you can tilt to landscape mode and then tilt back to get the full page to render.
    just double tab as post #2 says
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I have this problem with a website I programmed. It renders fine on a PC in IE or Firefox, but not on the Palm Pre (even if I double tap or change screen orientation as indicated). I'm sure it has something to do with how I programmed it and/or how the Palm Browser renders code differently than these 2 browsers (I know IE and Firefox don't necessarily always show web pages the same way), but I'm not sure where the issue lies.

I'd rather not post the link to the website on this forum so as not get flamed on the website, but I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with significant website programming experience (or at least more than I have!) that wouldn't mind allowing me to PM them the webpage code (it's only happening on one of the many pages of the website....) to take a look and see if they can't figure out why the page is being cut off at the bottom on my Pre's browser?

To summarize the issue, the website is set up with a static index on the left side of the page, and a static header on the top. The site is NOT programmed with embedded frames, but I forget off the top of my head the term used to describe the code I used....

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance anyone with decent website coding experience would be able to offer!