Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As you can guess I'm checking the updates for my Pre all the time, so it allways tells me "Application updates are now avaliable" but when i click the button "Show Updates", there are no apps that got updates avaliable, may this exclude me from updating to 1.4 later?

Edit: forgot to say: I'm a GSM Pre User from Germany
    Last edited by Mel0ne; 02/26/2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I'm getting this too.

You would think the Palm update utility would get it right...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Same here... no change since this morning.
    Close the Updates app.

If you have the App Catalog open, close it.

Now, re-open the App Catalog.

Click on the little shopping bag in the lower right-hand corner.

IF you really have any application updates, you will see a button in the lower right-hand corner to allow you to install all of them.

Before you click that button, I recommend that you scroll through the list of apps to see which (and how many) need updates. That will give you some idea of how long you'll have to wait before checking the Updates app again.

Once all your application updates have been applied, go back to the Updates app. You should then see that your phone is up to date.

By the way, OS updates take priority over app updates, so if the notification for 1.4 should happen to get pushed to your phone, it will show up regardless of whether you have pending application updates. (This is what happened to me prior to 1.3.5.1)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Had already done all that and didnt change bug.

I hope you are correct that will be the case as far as the OS update being priority over this bug and showing up regardless on the update manager being incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    Same here.....for 2 days.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    In my updates section it says that PDF View is an application to update, when i tap on it, it says it is not a valid webos app. I don't remember ever downloading it, and I can't even remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb81 View Post
    In my updates section it says that PDF View is an application to update, when i tap on it, it says it is not a valid webos app. I don't remember ever downloading it, and I can't even remove it.
    PDF View is a ROM app (part of the OS). If the catalog is showing it as having/needing an update then you've got bigger problems than my workaround can solve.
    I'm having the same issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Close the Updates app.

If you have the App Catalog open, close it.

Now, re-open the App Catalog.

Click on the little shopping bag in the lower right-hand corner.

IF you really have any application updates, you will see a button in the lower right-hand corner to allow you to install all of them.

Before you click that button, I recommend that you scroll through the list of apps to see which (and how many) need updates. That will give you some idea of how long you'll have to wait before checking the Updates app again.

Once all your application updates have been applied, go back to the Updates app. You should then see that your phone is up to date.

By the way, OS updates take priority over app updates, so if the notification for 1.4 should happen to get pushed to your phone, it will show up regardless of whether you have pending application updates. (This is what happened to me prior to 1.3.5.1)
    Do this, and also keep in mind that if you have any Palm Beta apps on your device, those apps will trigger the 'Update Apps' function when you use the Update app. (umm, that sounds confusing, doesnt it...?)

To fix this, use Preware. Make sure you have the Palm Beta feed enabled and it should show you which apps need updating (and takes you to the Palm Beta App page).

After you update, the biggest thing to remember is that you will need a luna reset (or just reset the whole device). I dont know why, but after the reset, the Update app should properly register.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post

I hope you are correct that will be the case as far as the OS update being priority over this bug and showing up regardless on the update manager being incorrect.
    Are you running patches & homebrew? I'm not. Maybe that's the difference. I don't know.

The procedure I outlined wasn't meant to fix the bug. It's just a workaround. It has always worked for me since this bug started showing up.

I hope the problem is not linked to patches or homebrew and that Palm fixed it with 1.4.0. Only time will tell.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I actually removed my patches this morning, just to make sure i dont have any i no longer need after the update not because i dont trust the new safe patches. But upon removing my patches and restarting i no longer have the issue with the application update when none available that i have previous to uninstalling them.
  13.    #13  
    so i removed everything now, and it still gives me the message
    I gave up. I thought I had it licked with a PRL update earlier, but the message has come back. I'm done installing apps and removing and rebooting and all of that until after the 1.4 update. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I give up too. Did the PRL update, looked at Preware. Nothing. Updates say I have Application updates available, though the App Catalog shows no updates. Checked Preware, but it doesn't list any updates needed. Bizarre bug. Second bizarre bug I have run into today (the other was the keyboard-stopped-working bug - fixed with removal of the battery).
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I give up too. Did the PRL update, looked at Preware. Nothing. Updates say I have Application updates available, though the App Catalog shows no updates. Checked Preware, but it doesn't list any updates needed. Bizarre bug. Second bizarre bug I have run into today (the other was the keyboard-stopped-working bug - fixed with removal of the battery).

I'm having the same issues at random times. Any idea of why this is happening?
    I'm having this issue now too for the past 2 days. Never before. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    I now have this problem... Been happening for about a week now. I am also running Preware and the Govnah app (with the screenstate @ 720profile).
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    I now have this problem... Been happening for about a week now. I am also running Preware and the Govnah app (with the screenstate @ 720profile).
    cpuscaler ultimate caused me this problem. I am just hoping the next OS update will clear it for me.
    I've had this issue since 1.3.5,other than being annoying it doesn't cause any issues i'm aware of.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast