Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Everytime I check for updates it always says "Application updates are now available", even when there are no updates! I'm I the only one or is this the deal with everyone. It never did this till 1.3.5.1
    mine does the same thing i uninstalled almost all of my apps and sometimes it says it when i hit update if you keep trying it will eventually say 1.3.5.1 is installed
    Mine has been doing the same thing for the last few days. There should be a reset button like the voicemail that sometimes needs to be cleared.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! I had it once, for the first time, the other day say something are the lines of: 1.3.5.1 then a list of features! I wonder/hope 1.4 will fix this issue!
    same problem here...have this since 1.3.5(.1).
    being that I check the updates and preware every couple of hours, (like anything's changing really) it get's old fast. But, I just chalked it up to some patch/app I have installed and it's a minor inconvience compared to how I'm set up now.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankwhite8536 View Post
    being that I check the updates and preware every couple of hours, (like anything's changing really) it get's old fast. But, I just chalked it up to some patch/app I have installed and it's a minor inconvience compared to how I'm set up now.
    Frank,
    It isn't your patches.
    Assurion replaced my phone last week, and since 1.4 is gonna drop on the 29th of Feb, I haven't patched yet. I'm checking pretty regularly, but have finally decided to just monitor P|C forums. Yes, I know about AUPT, but would rather wait. Besides, you know about Murphy's Law. I would patch, 1.4 would hit, then there would be AUPT issues, and I would have to start all over.
    My Pre Plus on Verizon started doing this after I did a full erase (due to other app related issues). I even ran the WebOS doctor but the problem still shows up. I never had this before I did the erase, it even worked fine after doing the over the air update to OS 1.4 last month.

I wonder if I should bother calling Palm support about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    My Pre Plus on Verizon started doing this after I did a full erase (due to other app related issues). I even ran the WebOS doctor but the problem still shows up. I never had this before I did the erase, it even worked fine after doing the over the air update to OS 1.4 last month.

I wonder if I should bother calling Palm support about this?
    Palm support knows about it but don't know if/when they are going to fix it.

There are 2 things that you can try:

1) Open the app catalog, click on the shopping bag and look for any app that needs updated, at the bottom there may be an update all button.

2) If that doesn't work, the problem is usually caused by an app that you previously had on your phone and then removed. That particular app gets updated and your phone still thinks you have it installed so you get the "update available" message.

The only way to fix it is to try and recall which app you recently removed, and then re-install it. You can then delete it pressing the orange button/tap app method.