1.    #1  
    OK, set my Yahoo! E-mail up to work via Sprint networks (EVDO/1x), and it's fine.

But when I switch to WiFi at home or in the office, I can't get to it.

I'm thinking it has to do with the SMTP settings, etc., I gave it to correctly grab stuff through Sprint's network. Through my router, though, those IPs and domains are all obviously very different...

What can I do about this? Anyone have a handy trick? Another way to set up Yahoo! E-mail?

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by funktron2x; 02/24/2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Very interesting. I had the same problem with my Exchange email. Turning off WIFI fixed the error, so I thought that the problem might have had to do with logging into our WIFI at work; perhaps the email server expecting the same server address as if I were using a hardwired computer on the LAN, rather than the server address used for remote Exchange access. I hadn't noticed the problem with my Yahoo mail. Now I'll check.
    Out of curiosity, have you tried any other email accounts? I'm wondering if it's just Yahoo, or if all email is affected.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you tried any other email accounts? I'm wondering if it's just Yahoo, or if all email is affected.
    My Gmail appears to work just fine... I don't get the "Cannot connect to mail server" error, and I don't remember missing any messages...

Both appear to use imap/smtp, so I don't know why one would work and not the other...