Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else experiencing this? The Pre popped up and asked me to re-enter my password. I absolutely confirmed it was the correct password, and I can log in with it on the computer just fine. Tried deleting it and re-adding, now it absolutely will not login.

Anyone else?

I know google had a problem with the SSL cert on Gmail recently, but the Gmail login on the Pre is working still. Strange!

Now I've lost all my contacts, with no way to get them back! (I was using google instead of the palm profile as my default, as I assumed google would be more reliable than Palm)
  2.    #2  
    Update: I determined the Calendar also had the same problem. "Please Re-enter your password" when trying to sync.

After screwing around with this for a while, I've determined the problem is only when WiFi is enabled. When I turn off WiFi and use EVDO, it accepts the password and Syncs fine.

Question is, Why? I can login to those services just fine on any computer on the same WiFi network.

Anyone else seeing this?
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Update: I determined the Calendar also had the same problem. "Please Re-enter your password" when trying to sync.

After screwing around with this for a while, I've determined the problem is only when WiFi is enabled. When I turn off WiFi and use EVDO, it accepts the password and Syncs fine.

Question is, Why? I can login to those services just fine on any computer on the same WiFi network.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Interesting - I've been noticing for a few weeks that my Google Apps Premier calendar will only sync when on EVDO. It won't sync no matter what on wi-fi. This has only been occurring for the last couple of weeks (and I've had the Pre since the summer). Neither a partial erase nor a Dr was able to solve it. I've made it up the chain at Palm (up to 3rd level support), and so far they haven't heard of the issue, but at least it sounds like your problem might be similar (that I might not be the only one!). Anyone else experiencing anything similar (and I don't mean the e-mail issue on wi-fi - that seems to be well documented already, but I'm not having that one)?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Interesting - I've been noticing for a few weeks that my Google Apps Premier calendar will only sync when on EVDO. It won't sync no matter what on wi-fi. This has only been occurring for the last couple of weeks (and I've had the Pre since the summer). Neither a partial erase nor a Dr was able to solve it. I've made it up the chain at Palm (up to 3rd level support), and so far they haven't heard of the issue, but at least it sounds like your problem might be similar (that I might not be the only one!). Anyone else experiencing anything similar (and I don't mean the e-mail issue on wi-fi - that seems to be well documented already, but I'm not having that one)?
    I always have my WiFi on at the home, and of course it's syncing in the background all the time. It was only this morning that the problem started. It's been fine since June!

Something's up unless Google just decided to block my IP for Pre updates.

I'll be happy to talk to whomever about this problem if my information can be of any help. I suppose I can even fire up WireShark and get a packet capture if needed.
  5.    #5  
    Oh, one more thing; Do you sync contacts with google? If so, do your contacts still sync on WiFi? (fire up WiFi, then do a manual sync from within the contact prefs)

As I mentioned, my gmail with the same login works fine either on WiFi or EVDO, it's just the Contacts and Calendar that fail.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Oh, one more thing; Do you sync contacts with google? If so, do your contacts still sync on WiFi? (fire up WiFi, then do a manual sync from within the contact prefs)

As I mentioned, my gmail with the same login works fine either on WiFi or EVDO, it's just the Contacts and Calendar that fail.
    Yes, as I originally noted, I'm syncing with my Google Apps Premier account (it's a paid Google account, similar to an exchange account if you're not familiar with it). My e-mail, calendar, and contacts all sync with it. The contacts and e-mail both sync with no problem on wi-fi; it's only the calendar that's giving me the issue for some reason. I'll post back if I learn anything more, and I'll definitely let Palm know about your symptoms when they call me back next. Thanks for your info. Good luck to both of us!
  7.    #7  
    Yes, as I originally noted, I'm syncing with my Google Apps Premier account (it's a paid Google account, similar to an exchange account if you're not familiar with it). My e-mail, calendar, and contacts all sync with it. The contacts and e-mail both sync with no problem on wi-fi; it's only the calendar that's giving me the issue for some reason. I'll post back if I learn anything more, and I'll definitely let Palm know about your symptoms when they call me back next. Thanks for your info. Good luck to both of us!
    Thanks! If I figure it out, I'll post here as well.
  8.    #8  
    Update: as of this morning the problem has disappeared! Strange!
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Update: as of this morning the problem has disappeared! Strange!
    I'm happy for you, but, alas, my problems persist
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I, too, am unable to sync my gmail since about 2/24.

I've deleted & re-added my gmail account hoping that this would fix the issue. No luck.

Anybody have this issue or suggestions on a fix please?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    I, too, am unable to sync my gmail since about 2/24.

I've deleted & re-added my gmail account hoping that this would fix the issue. No luck.

Anybody have this issue or suggestions on a fix please?
    Can you sync on EVDO, is it like my problem where it only fails on WiFi?
    I too have this problem, yet to find a solution.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I too have this problem, yet to find a solution.
    Which problem? Can you be specific as to calendar, contacts, etc.? And whether on wi-fi and/or EVDO? The more specific info I can share with Palm, the better.
    This post fixed this issue for me when I once had it, need to use the captcha page to unlock the account even though you can login to your google account on a pc:

http://forums.precentral.net/2133887-post11.html

Direct link to the google page:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78754
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I too had this problem and I didn't have wi-fi on. I went into google and changed my password and then went back into contacts on the pre and entered the new password and everything was fine, logged on and my google contacts got synced back. Somehow it just wouldn't recognize my old password although it was valid.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    All - thanks for the new posts and info, but if you can be more specific than "this issue", "this problem", etc., it'll help everyone reading to know exactly what you're referring to. Some people have had problems only with e-mail, others with only contacts, others with only calendar, some on wi-fi AND evdo, some only on wi-fi, etc.

Again, thanks for your input - it's greatly appreciated - but a little more detail would be very helpful. Thanks!
  17. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    This post fixed this issue for me when I once had it, need to use the captcha page to unlock the account even though you can login to your google account on a pc:

http://forums.precentral.net/2133887-post11.html

Direct link to the google page:

I'm having trouble logging in with my username and password - Gmail Help
    Thanks for the input - Palm actually had me try this too, but it didn't work for my problem which occurs only when on wi-fi.
    Which problem? Can you be specific as to calendar, contacts, etc.? And whether on wi-fi and/or EVDO? The more specific info I can share with Palm, the better.
    I get prompted at least twice a day to re-enter my Google password under contacts. I find this happens regardless of whether I'm on wifi or EVDO.
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I get prompted at least twice a day to re-enter my Google password under contacts. I find this happens regardless of whether I'm on wifi or EVDO.
    Hmm - different problem than I'm having. I suggest removing your Google accounts under e-mail, calendar, and contacts, and then re-entering your account under e-mail or contacts and allowing synergy to bring the others back to the phone. This approach may very well address the problem you're having.
    Haven't had a problem since the 1.4 update, crossing my fingers that Palm fixed the issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast