1.    #1  
    I loaded the virtual keyboard but after using it once it won't reopen when I double tap the gester bar. The only way I can get it to work again is to remve it and reinstall, but then it won't reopen again.
    that happened to me once.... i connected the phone to the pc in usb mode, went and deleted the virtual keyboard folder and installed it again via webos quickinstall, that solved the problem.
    Total newbie question here. I just installed Virtual Keyboard, and I managed to figure out (thanks, chrisnunc!) that I'm supposed to double-tap the gesture area to launch the keyboard. I've got the theme with the rounded edges selected. The lower left key in this theme brings up a menu which allows me to select another theme, like Classic, Glossy, or Ice. But when I change the theme this way, I can't dismiss the keyboard OR change back to the rounded edges one. I'm assuming this means I can only change the theme via the keyboard folder and the Pre as a USB device... but is there any way I don't have to trash the card I'm typing in when the keyboard gets stuck?
    Last edited by animemom; 02/24/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    i believe that when u change the theme, once changed: double tap gets u back to the ipc dark rounded, then when back in ipc dark rounded, just single tap to dismiss the VK... no need to trash the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Total newbie question here. I just installed Virtual Keyboard, and I managed to figure out (thanks, chrisnunc!) that I'm supposed to double-tap the gesture area to launch the keyboard. I've got the theme with the rounded edges selected. The lower left key in this theme brings up a menu which allows me to select another theme, like Classic, Glossy, or Ice. But when I change the theme this way, I can't dismiss the keyboard OR change back to the rounded edges one. I'm assuming this means I can only change the theme via the keyboard folder and the Pre as a USB device... but is there any way I don't have to trash the card I'm typing in when the keyboard gets stuck?
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

The Theme Selector key is the lower left gears key on the default theme. On the remix themes the theme selector key is the lower right blank key. Tapping this brings up a list of installed themes to switch between.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    i was wondering , i have a 1.4.1 version n i was wondering if a virtual keyboard can be done???? please let me know thanks?