Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there any preparation I need to do before updating to webos 1.4. I have preware and many patches. I know in previous updates all the patches and themes needed to be removed for a smooth update. Is that still the case?
    **Remove all Themes before updating webOS**

As for patches, were they all installed through PreWare? If so, you do not have to remove them, it is really up to you. webOS Internals have modified patches so that you can safely upgrade your phone with patches installed, & then they have a way to reapply the patches. There are some users however they feel safer removing their patches & reapplying them after the update.

I personally trust the webOS Internals team so i will not be removing my patches, instead i'll remove my theme, upgrade to 1.4.x & then run the "Enablers" to get my patches working again.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I trust them too. What is the process for running the "Enablers"? Can you do it just through Preware on the phone or do you have to use webos quick install?
    I'm not sure if webOS Internals will push updates to all the patches when 1.4.x is released ( if they do there is no need to find the enablers ) however if not, or if you ever have to Doctor & want to re-enable your patches, open PreWare & search for "Emergency Patch Installer." The description there also gives its exact usage.
    Preware 0.9.27 & Package Manager Service 0.9.36 have been released - you *really* *should* update to these versions soon.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I'm not sure if webOS Internals will push updates to all the patches when 1.4.x is released ( if they do there is no need to find the enablers ) however if not, or if you ever have to Doctor & want to re-enable your patches, open PreWare & search for "Emergency Patch Installer." The description there also gives its exact usage.
    EPI is for partial/full erase
    ESE is for doctor

All patches will appear as updates after an OTA, those that aren't ported yet will still update but an empty placeholder will be installed instead (so that when it is ported in the future it will appear as update for you)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate