Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a script that I use that merges a custom autoreplace dictionary into the main system autoreplace. It's then easy to edit just your own stuff in a file in /media/internal using internalz or whatever.

The script currently needs to be run manually. If I figure out how best to handle the merge trigger (will probably just write a polling init script), this will be my first official patch as an author :-)

You'll need to make sure you aren't mangling the file with DOS CRLF line delimiters instead of the standard linux LF. You can configure that in internalz. It's obviously not a problem if you use vi.
    : (){:|:&};:
    do new entries need to be in alpha order, or can they just be added to the top of the file?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    mine were added to the top and it works fine.
    Is there any way to set an autoreplace like - "ilv|i love you" with more than one word autro-replace?
    I know I know we have a ThankYou button (and I did use it!) but I just wanted to say YAY THANK YOU for this!!!!!!

with Jason's internalz and these wonderful instructions ... i *almost* love my #palmpre again! lol

now .. to just remember the shortcut edits I made LOL

Thanks Again!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Any don't forget that Save/Restore will not backup and restore your AutoReplace Dictionaries!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    1) Does it work for capital letters, or only lowercase?

2) Does there have to be multiple letters or can it change one letter ie. R|Rob?
    Last edited by rlangley21; 08/31/2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    1) Does it work for capital letters, or only lowercase?

2) Does there have to be multiple letters or can it change one letter ie. R|Rob?
    1)Not sure what you mean but, If you have btw as the shorcut for by the way and you are starting a new line, then it will autocapitalise the 'By' just like you would expect. Also, you can have it change i to I.

2)Nope. For me y is yes. Only one letter is needed.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    1)Not sure what you mean but, If you have btw as the shorcut for by the way and you are starting a new line, then it will autocapitalise the 'By' just like you would expect. Also, you can have it change i to I.

2)Nope. For me y is yes. Only one letter is needed.

Pip
    I meant like if I put in a capital R it will change to Rob, but if it's just a lowercase r, then it won't. I guess is it capitalization-specific? Soooo..

R|Rob
    r|r
    I cannot get Internalz to save the changes of the file. I only changed one listing.

I click the file menu and select save and it just sits there all day doing nothing....any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I cannot get Internalz to save the changes of the file. I only changed one listing.

I click the file menu and select save and it just sits there all day doing nothing....any suggestions?
    That's a bug in larger-sized text files that I'm working on a fix for. Hopefully, a fix will be included in Internalz v1.3.2, coming soon
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    For some reason I don't have a file in /etc/palm/autoreplace/en-us

could this be because I used to use the 3000 autoreplace words patch? How should I solve this problem? Should I create the file?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    How to edit the Auto-Correct Dictionary.

[I]*

1) Install Internalz from Preware
    2) Hit Menu -> Preferences and turn Master Mode to ON
    3) Navigate to /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ (or choose your region*)
    4) Open the file text-edit-autoreplace
    5) Add/Edit/Remove entries as you'd like - use the format dan|daniel or bb|bye
    6) Restart Luna (or reset your device)

I do follow these directions perfectly and it does not seem to work for me?
    Any suggestions?
    When I go back to the text-edit autoreplace my changes are saved but they dont work when I try to use them in email/text
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Please hep! This is useful for everyone!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post

I am having the same problem with Internalz 1.3.6 Can anyone help me out??
    this isn't working for me, and I'm getting so confused
    People are going to think I'm and *****, but i don;t understand what people mean when they are doing this on their computer?!
    I d/l using preware, followed the directions on my handset. Changed entries ( my phone won;t auto correct i, im, id, ill) and do a lunar restart and nothings changed.
    Do i need to save the file? I tried this but it does nothing, just says 'saving 0%' forever and then internalz freezes and i have to restart...
    I'm so confused, can someone please tell me how to use this in the simplest way. I'm so frustrated with my phones lack of auto correct on basic punctuation and capitalisation...
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I do follow these directions perfectly and it does not seem to work for me?
    Any suggestions?
    When I go back to the text-edit autoreplace my changes are saved but they dont work when I try to use them in email/text
    basically having this same problem.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nobilo View Post
    So I used this tutorial and really had no problems:

forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/231763-advanced-tutorial-view-edit-autocorrect-dictionary-free.html
    (Sorry I couldn't include the http to link it because I don't have ten posts at precentral yet!)

However, when I attempt to edit the text-edit-autoreplace file none of the custom commands that I enter work? When I save the original file from my device and then view it as a text file the format is basically..........ttyl|talk to you later.......yet when I add this to my text-edit-autoreplace file and send it to my pre, it doesn't work. I would like to add the shortcut commands, but cant seem to get the edits to my file to work on my device?

In the text file (which I don't save as a .txt) the commands are all separated by what appears to be a square 0 or O, but I haven't been able to figure out how to reproduce this letter/input on my keyboard? Is this a special character of some kind? I downloaded and saved the google 15K and 5K word dictionaries as well. The format for the code on those appears as ,beleive|believe......enter, then comma-incorrect spelling|correct spelling-enter and so on. I can't get the google dictionaries to work when I send them to the pre......so I assume there is something wrong with that format that my pre isn't reading correctly.

I understand the basic program code is misspelled word|correct spelled word........or shortcut|long phrase.......but what is the input in between each set?

Please help, because I need to get these shortcuts working for email and messaging........I can tell how much those that use this function love it.

Also, I realize there is an app called autocorrect edit that will help do this as well, but I'm not sold yet on the app.......nor do I feel its likely worth five dollars if you can just do it yourself. Please help me figure out how to add this functionality to my phone.

Thanks in advance for your help..........nobilo.
    I think what you are describing is just a character that the program you are using doesn't seem to be able to understand properly. So the "command" that you are looking for is the pipe symbol "|" which is the dotted line right above the backslash "\" on your keyboard.

I hope this is what you were trying to find out.
    Could someone let me know what the directory name is that I put the edited autoreplace file in while browsing the phone in windows explorer? I'd like to be able to edit the files on my computer rather than with Internalz as it is much easier. I cant seem to find /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ in windows explorer. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcm05 View Post
    Could someone let me know what the directory name is that I put the edited autoreplace file in while browsing the phone in windows explorer? I'd like to be able to edit the files on my computer rather than with Internalz as it is much easier. I cant seem to find /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ in windows explorer. Thanks.
    You won't be able to see it in Windows Explorer, no. I think you'd be able to see it in an SSH session though. Otherwise, you'll have to copy it to /media/internal/ (the USB partition) so you can see it in Explorer, then copy it back to /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ when you're done.

Does anyone know the location of the file which stores the webOS 2.x Text Assist shortcuts? I'm having some difficulties finding it: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...46#post2887146
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123