Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay so preware wouldnt open up, luna restart wouldnt work, and internalz wouldnt start up. So i opened wosqi and deleted everything that i mentioned above including package manager. Then i reinstall everything reboot and the first time i open preware it runs fine. Then after that i get the same package manager issue. Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on and what i can do about it.
    Last edited by jwinn35; 02/22/2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    okay so preware wouldnt open up, luna restart wouldnt work, and internalz wouldnt start up. So i opened wosqi and deleted everything that i mentioned above including package manager. Then i reinstall everything reboot and the first time i open preware it runs fine. Then after that i get the same package manager issue. Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on and what i can do about it.
    or not
    Yes. You need to download the newest versions of the Package Manager and Preware, which were released a few hours ago. At this point it might be easiest to remove Preware from your phone and use WOSQI 3.01 to reinstall both PMS and Preware.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    At this point it might be easiest to remove Preware from your phone and use WOSQI 3.01 to reinstall both PMS and Preware.
    lol at installing PMS sorry but had to point that out
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    lol at installing PMS sorry but had to point that out
    Yeah I know, and Rod hates that particular abbreviation, but it's so much easier to type than Package Manager Service, especially if I have to reference it repeatedly. As a woman in a mostly guy's world, I enjoy the irony of instructing guys to install PMS, as well. Heh.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, massive problem here. I just loaded Preware and it said there were two updates, PM Service and Preware. I ALWAYS update PM Service first, by itself, then restart, then Preware. This time, I got done with PM service and it wanted to restart so I let it. After the reboot, it says it cannot connect to my Palm Profile and says something like please restart to reconnect. I restart again. It loads up and says that it cannot resync the Palm Profile and gives me 2 options; a reformat or use the phone just as a usb device...

***!

Needing my phone, I restarted (aka reformated) and now I have no data on it. I use Chapura so everything since the last sync is @ home.

Anyone else have this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, massive problem here. I just loaded Preware and it said there were two updates, PM Service and Preware. I ALWAYS update PM Service first, by itself, then restart, then Preware. This time, I got done with PM service and it wanted to restart so I let it. After the reboot, it says it cannot connect to my Palm Profile and says something like please restart to reconnect. I restart again. It loads up and says that it cannot resync the Palm Profile and gives me 2 options; a reformat or use the phone just as a usb device...

***!

Needing my phone, I restarted (aka reformated) and now I have no data on it. I use Chapura so everything since the last sync is @ home.

Anyone else have this problem???
    Does not sound good. I updated PMS, did NOT restart Java, updated Preware then restarted Java. I never restarted Preware to see if everything still works, will try it now....(but have trouble getting a EVDO connection at my desk).

EDIT: Just tested and my Preware still works fine after updating it and PMS.
    Last edited by Mikey47; 02/23/2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    thanks for your possible solutions i will try it out again. I would thank ya'll but they dont have a thank you from the pre browser. Ill get you later-especially if it all works out.