View Poll Results: Will you install Flash on your WebOS device?

Voters
656. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

629 95.88%
  • NO!

27 4.12%
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    It's all the hype - (so it seems) so I'm curious as I'm sure the rest of the world is...

Will you install Flash?

*Edit*
    Summarization of the pages that follow.

1) I dont agree to Adobe's idealogy, nor the fact that Flash is the biggest non-standardized component of the web. Can only run (by licensed-agreement) on x86* PC's (and soon mobile, yes). And, for linux currently, its a horrid nightmare... the most unstable binary on any of my systems.

2) I dont have to really explain why I dont agree with the license, its an agreement between each user and Adobe. enough said.

3) The more support it gets, the longer it will take to transition to the *real* standard, which will be HTML5 and that is in HEAVY development and looking/working VERY nicely. Continuance to support the Flash ideal is only delaying the advancement of HTML across ALL platforms.

-----

in the pages that follow, there are several good questions and comments, but to flame me for my choice to not support and/or agree to Adobe's terms... well, you can pipe that to /dev/null . I'm not changing my mind.

For those that are objective to my objection, this link " http://lifehacker.com/5416100/how-ht...ou-use-the-web " describes it best. Happy surfing everyone!

Thanks for all who gave good input, and the poll is just as I expected, I see there are a few additions to the "No" list -- I'm sure you guys use linux primarily
    Last edited by flea; 02/21/2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Yes. Like fash lite kind of gives you a flash experience, the internet without flash is at best "internet lite"
    mos def. What reason would one have NOT to install flash>?
    SCK Manager
    I'd like the option to disable it. I don't want to use up extra bandwidth to load flash ads and such, it'll slow down the loading of pages.
    I want flash to watch nhl games online.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I'd like the option to disable it. I don't want to use up extra bandwidth to load flash ads and such, it'll slow down the loading of pages.
    I'm not so sure there will be an option to disable it, but I'm sure it'll require an action to make the element load, such as double clicking on it.
    I'd be interested to hear why flea voted no.
    I know its going to probably take up massive resources, but its a capability is just too liberating!
    We'll have to see how it's actually implemented. But from the bits I've seen and read, it appears that things won't "load" until you tap something ... so I'm not sure there will be any reason NOT to install it.
    Yes....why wouldn't I?
    Hell to the Yes
    MIght slow down the Pre but I'll install it regardless. Gotta try it before I can knock it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yes. As soon as I can install it I'm going on Hulu. Then I'll show it to all my iPhone friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    I'd be interested to hear why flea voted no.
    ditto, why wouldn't you? I cant wait to show it off to all my friends with i-touches now!
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    We'll have to see how it's actually implemented. But from the bits I've seen and read, it appears that things won't "load" until you tap something ... so I'm not sure there will be any reason NOT to install it.
    Nobody actually knows how it's going to work. The only thing we know for certain is that it will be a plugin.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    no, I don't know a site using flash :-)
    I will install it but if it slows the phone down any, it's coming back off
    It won't slow it down. You have to double click, and then it will run... So no flash adds, or nothing... I just hope it's fast enough to load flash videos without lagging.
    Flea, as of now it looks as if you are the only one who won't
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    it will be nuts not to install it lol
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast