View Poll Results: Will you install Flash on your WebOS device?

Voters
656. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

629 95.88%
  • NO!

27 4.12%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I thoought we had support for html5 already.
    We do
    Was just giving a subtle hint since I missed your comment. But at least it is cleared up now
    Flash is a System Killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Flash is a System Killer!
    Flash would be nice to have. Mainly for video and some gaming.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    HTML5 is a standard that the world will eventually get to.

Don't you think that Adobe will develop flash to be beyond HTML5's capabilities by then?
    HTML5. I want to see Flash suffer a painful, timely death ASAP.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    first half of 2010? isnt that what adobe told y'all??? how's ur feelings towards this proprietary spec now?
    Yes, mostly for flash games
    Yep!

HTML5 is a myth – It has a long way to go before the 19 billion existing websites in the web are HTML5 compliant. Flash already exists and is still growing.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Yep!

HTML5 is a myth It has a long way to go before the 19 billion existing websites in the web are HTML5 compliant. Flash already exists and is still growing.
    it sounded like you just said the world is flat.. And the sun orbits the earth
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Many people do not know that Flash 10.1 can now use GPU power to accelerate Flash content. This helps reduce the CPU draw by quite a bit. Flash is a full language that can do MUCH more than HTML 5 can do, which is why you will see some things NEVER move to HTML 5.

There is room for both Flash and HTML 5 to co-exist, and I honestly don't know why people can't accept that.
    As much as I despise flash websites (I utterly refuse to build them), I'm completely addicted to flash games. So, I definitely vote yes.
    Of course its going to be installed, a huge portion of the web runs flash, as well as most of the websites I go to are flash! Its obsured to think you wouldn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon

There is room for both Flash and HTML 5 to co-exist, and I honestly don't know why people can't accept that.
    Because Steve Jobs has never been able to implement Flash in any acceptable way, he thought he'd tell the world to stop using it already and start using something else that he could use also, and with the added benefit of being able to say "Apple told you so" later, when everybody switched to HTML5 in order not to **** off the 3% Apple Computer users and the maybe 10% or so Apple Cellphone users.

Also, since Jobs said it, it made print and TV news for about a week, so it's obviously important. And since Apple is HTML5, Flash is so PC, and those suck because they're not cool.
    hell yea I'll be installing it
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Check the date, I was prolly the first pre geek to post that screen shot !
    Of course I dont have a fancy forum/blog site to carry on about it.
    In FAct I dont even know what HTML5 looks like !
    All I know is that for as long as I been banking on this phone to be the best, somehow, I knew it wasnt gonna happen.

The author writes "So the question remains, do we even care anymore?"
    beyond that, isnt it just another "rant" thread with a couple of techy questions thrown in like, Do we want a slow and painful experience on our mobile devices? and is there any need for Flash?

By the time you answer these and other more interesting questions, you will probly have enough money saved and an upgrade available from you carrier to put this pre to bed. I'm just waiting for the money. Its just a matter of time. And I think the powers at be already know this.

When we think about a cell phone today, do we think back to all those large walkie talkie type of phones that Charlie's Angles used to use or do we just make the call ? People will soon forget the pre and all its splender for the newest linux based mobile device that acts more like a pc then a phone and ask, "Does it do Skype !?" and after you stop yourself from an assalt charge, you will simply say... "ahhh yeah it does do Skype, why do you ask !" because she is cute and you want her number so you can txt, tweet, and take her back to myspace for some facebook.
    Last edited by tweaka; 09/24/2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: take her back to myspace
    Yes, I will install. I have two spare batteries on me at all times, so I'm ready.
    almost don't want to now, but I still voted yes
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    there are plenty of sites that can't be viewed without flash, in present time.
    lame, but it is that way.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678