View Poll Results: Will you install Flash on your WebOS device?

Voters
656. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

629 95.88%
  • NO!

27 4.12%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    There are way too many times I need flash on my Pre and don't have it.

I don't think there is a single site I visit that doesn't use Flash in some way or another.
    Not just vids but live timing and scoring for Supercross and probably every other form of racing... And it just burns me up when all you need to do is click a button to use a funtion of the web, but the button is flash so I'm screwed.

I'm all for fighting the good fight, but I think the web designers are the people to make a difference, not the end user... Too many people don't know a thing about it and just want what's there, and could care less if it's Flash or HTML5.
    Last edited by genEric122; 02/21/2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Obviously Flash is used just about everywhere...I was talking to my friend who is "was" a web designer and he was like "flash isn't important except for video...I guess it is very important, errrr". I wonder if Flash will be implemented into the SDK. Does that sound like something possible? I remember the Palm site stating that the SDK is always being updated with New Technologies. What does everybody think of that?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    1:
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    he was like "flash isn't important except for video...
    It was vital for video. Now that the *.264 codecs are on EVERYONE's computer, hardly the case anymore. I WISH i could render every flash video with 264 instead. This is for the obvious reason that we all have some sort of Xv acceleration, not to mention nearly EVERYTHING on the internet is encoded with h.264 already (don't believe me? download a torrent of anything!) Flash video just creates a bloated environment to do something we can all do so simply with codecs we all have. I agree that flash was necessary for a time because there was the issue of not everyone not knowing which codecs they needed (Windows users often would see no video, but could hear audio with audio/video media in the early conception of the 264 codecs.

But, you raise a valid point that I agree with. Most people want Flash to watch video. Yes, if this is agreed upon, I'm telling you there is a better solution for everyone. Its rendering with the codecs we all already have.

2:
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    I wonder if Flash will be implemented into the SDK. Does that sound like something possible? I remember the Palm site stating that the SDK is always being updated with New Technologies. What does everybody think of that?

no, never unless Adobe buys Palm.
    Last edited by flea; 02/21/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm TOTALLY curious. and the statistics are great for P|C so.. I'm asking!

I've seen alot of people that say their web-experience is lacking without Flash, so please, do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Hey, I'm TOTALLY curious. and the statistics are great for P|C so.. I'm asking!

I've seen alot of people that say their web-experience is lacking without Flash, so please, do tell.
    Lots of other posts on this
    I want flash because on my past phones (as you can see in my signature) I could have flash wallpapers and screensavers. I miss having them. It's so boring on my pixis homescreen.
    More music, more music, more music...lol
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Yip! Media for me as well,if i want to play games i'll switch on the PS3.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Because iphone doesn't have it and my graphic designer friend gets ****ed when my phone does something that his can't.
    I want it for games... Facebook games mostly, Poker, Mafia Wars & Farkle.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Because I'm a full-fledged prostitute for proprietary software and monopolistic companies.

Were you hoping for something like that?
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    *yawn*
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    media.. music, video.
    not to mention to have another 'one up' for the iphone boiiis! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Because I'm a full-fledged prostitute for proprietary software and monopolistic companies.

Were you hoping for something like that?
    EPIC WIN!!!! dallashigh gets a gold star!!!

I want it for Hulu. My job takes me to places I'd rather not mention (insert joke here) and it would be nice to catch the latest episode of Psych or Burn Notice while I have down time in the field.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Flash is the net and has been the net.
    HTML 5 is a pipe dream now. No real world testing and html 5 makes the disordered types of android operating systems look organized.
    One more thing H.264 is not a free standard.
    so stop trying to beat people over the head trying to spread your view of things. If they feel they need flash or want flash, then those individuals will install it. If it does not work then they will not use it.
    Contrary to your belief, if flash does not work for the pre users rest assured they will look to other alternatives. They do not need you to tell them what to use.

Now stop trying to spread your html 5 none sense.

Here is an article for you to read flea.
    The Future of Web Content – HTML5, Flash & Mobile Apps

I would like flea to start a poll on how many people are tired of flea posting on flash and trying to sell html 5 to the pre users.

This is getting old.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    Flash is the net and has been the net.
    HTML 5 is a pipe dream now. No real world testing and html 5 makes the disordered types of android operating systems look organized.
    One more thing H.264 is not a free standard.
    so stop trying to beat people over the head trying to spread your view of things. If they feel they need flash or want flash, then those individuals will install it. If it does not work then they will not use it.
    Contrary to your belief, if flash does not work for the pre users rest assured they will look to other alternatives. They do not need you to tell them what to use.

Now stop trying to spread your html 5 none sense.

Here is an article for you to read flea.
    The Future of Web Content HTML5, Flash & Mobile Apps

I would like flea to start a poll on how many people are tired of flea posting on flash and trying to sell html 5 to the pre users.

This is getting old.
    I totally kept my partisanship out of this entire article, only you brought it here. The first post states it all "statistics statistics statistics"..

if you can't appreciate the value in statistics, I cant debate with you.
    really pure statistics.

more like present why you like it so that i can debate you into hating it.
    look at your other statistic post littered with your commentary.

I like the question
    "I've seen alot of people that say their web-experience is lacking without Flash, so please, do tell"

Well since you have a linux or mac os you probably do not know what the real internet is with flash since you have to disable it. Now if you had or used a windows machine on a regular basis you would not need to ask the question.

You want to see how the internet is with flash. Well go buy a net top with windows and surf the net.

What is the reason for the question are you going to switch your os????
    No you have alternative reasons. You see that everybody (>95%) plans to put flash on their pre. If you check android forums they are also asking when flash will be available. Even blackberry users are asking when it will be available.

So something is missing why would everyone ask for flash if it is such a bad environment.

Grow up you need other people to tell you about flash. Nobody can tell you if you need it since you probably never really had it (probably using a linux box or ubuntu or mac os). The net is full of flash (>75% of the net).

Here is the answer you need get a net top with windows and start surfing the net. Then you will see why everyone uses it and the only real complainer have another os (see if flash was such a problem then ms silverlight would have easily taken over the market but it did not because flash works very well on windows which is the majority of computers).

Flash is changing and adobe is optimizing the flash 10.1 to consume the smartphone market (except for iphone os). Soon regular but somewhat computer savvy people can make their own apps for their smartphone with air.

No need to argue with you. already did that and it did not look well for you.
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/22/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    here is fleas first link for his poll

http://forums.precentral.net/general...all-flash.html

note the guy or girl states that they will not install flash. Really who cares if you will not install flash. Then he/she tries to hide in the background since he/she notes that >95% of people plan to install flash on the palm for FREE. Hoping there would be some disgruntled flash users. Well there really was no disgruntled flash commentary clearly noted by the land slide poll stating that they would install flash.

So he/she can not get in the front door so he/she tries the backdoor with rather snide commentary about html 5 which nobody really asked for. Note how it is posted at the end so that he/she does not run into debating the facts. So supposedly that was clearly only for stats. Really what is your commentary doing on a stats request.

Come on you stated that you do not plan on installing flash. Now you are asking why do we want flash. Is this what they call flip flopping. No you clearly stated they you did not plan on using flash. So you will wait to the end and put your own two cents in so that you can try and persuade people not to put FREE flash on their palm. All at the same time trying to avoid debate. Especially since the last debate we had on this topic made you look rather weak on subject matter or integrity.

Link to that post below.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...highlight=eula

Your motives are rather obvious.
    A few of my classes have online components that are flash based so being able to access those sites on my phone would be great.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast