View Poll Results: Will you install Flash on your WebOS device?

Voters
656. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

629 95.88%
  • NO!

27 4.12%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Yeah, I'll install it. It really shouldn't slow down websites too much, I used Skyfire on my Treo, which is just about half the speed, with slower memory. Not saying it was perfect, but workable it was......really just want it for a couple of Flash games I'm somewhat addicted to. That, and several of the websites I go to use Flash animated navigation buttons and the like.
    217-1
    who wants to guess if flea will install it now? lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    i truly dont want flash and certainly refuse to support it. good luck to all
    I'm sure the majority will install flash!!
    i cant wait for flash. i hope hulu will work on it.
    I sure will. I want to be able to access my college's homepage in its entirety
    Ok, bday, how much did flea pay you to vote no....just kidding, lol
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    There's no reason not to install flash.
    It won't slow down website loads.

Think about it. The only way to access flash is through double-tapping a block that will load separately from the website.
    In this case, advertisements won't work unless you double tap on them.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Ok, bday, how much did flea pay you to vote no....just kidding, lol
    Sorry for double post, but...
    bday just joined Precentral today.

Sounds like an Xtra account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Sorry for double post, but...
    bday just joined Precentral today.

Sounds like an Xtra account.
    hmmmm......
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    214 to 1.

lol I bet flea wishes he could change his lonely vote now.

-Toaster
    edit 320 wow lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/20/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    i truly dont want flash and certainly refuse to support it. good luck to all
    I'm actually curious, why do you refuse to support/install it? From my experiencing developing flash content and visiting a lot of flash site, it offers some nice usable features. The only reason I can think why you wont support it, is because its not fully supported on Linux desktop OS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    No lie, i just went to:

[url= Platform in Action - Flash Player 10.1 on the Palm Pre | Adobe TV[/url]

this morning to see a article from adobe.... honestly, it killed my browser.

its captured in my avatar

I was using my wifes computer before going to work.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090830 Gentoo Firefox/3.5.2

File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42

meh
    That's because your wife is running ubuntu on her computer. Flash has never work extremely well on ubuntu.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    im a hard core user of the net and i always have 2 check my email and browse tha web so 4 me its a big yes.. i feel with flash on my pre its like haven my pc in my pocket i cant wait hurry it up already mannnnnn
    Not right away, I'm sure there will be some issues being beta and all and I really didn't like the way my phone handled 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    There's no reason not to install flash.
    It won't slow down website loads.

Think about it. The only way to access flash is through double-tapping a block that will load separately from the website.
    In this case, advertisements won't work unless you double tap on them.
    Well, technically it probably will slow things down. Five'll get ya ten that it loads a preview graphic of whatever's embedded. If you really don't give a rat's **** what's there, skipping altogether is the snappy way to go. [Not to mention resident use of RAM when a browser's open.] But yeah, probably just a small difference.

Personally I get flea's concerns about Flash + webOS (Linux) and the general Flash flood on the internet. But I'll withhold judgment till I see how it plays out.
    I will install it as soon as possible, I can't wait.
    are you kidding me? of curse it is the way to the future.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I would already have installed it. Flash should stay dormant till you activate it by touching what you want to see,thus not really causing any lag before hand but after,yeah I expect some lag...no big deal.....can't wait!
    flash for those who have a need to install it (mostly everybody) will install it and those who choose not to wont...but later on they might pro choice or pre choice lol.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast