View Poll Results: Was this thread a good idea?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - nice move

21 58.33%
  • No- the op is out of his freaking mind

15 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is biggest link about it
    Official webOS 1.4 Anticipation Thread
    Please go there if you need to comment.

I request that you do not give me thanx for this post. I am only doing what many wanted to do to stop the new 1.4 post every few mins.

So that this thread stays at the top of the list for awhile, when it pages over on the list of threads, please make a +1 post here.

********************Hidden message**********************
    PREDICTION - THIS WILL BECOME A THREAD ABOUT THREADS AND THE HUMOR IN THEM ALL

********************Hidden message************************
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 02/21/2010 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Here is biggest link about it
    Official webOS 1.4 Anticipation Thread
    Please go there if you need to comment.

[B]I request that you do not give me thanx for this post. I am only doing what many wanted to do to stop the new 1.4 post every few mins.

So that this thread stays at the top of the list for awhile please make a +1 post here.
    You just made another one, lol.

Seriously though, I agree.

+10
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    You just made another one, lol.

Seriously though, I agree.

+10
    LMAO DAMN!
    Your right.

Oh and Please not thanx here.
    +1
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    If you have such a problem with people posting about 1.4 you could take the crazy unheard of step....wait for it...not reading them.

And maybe not try to make the forum revolve around your particular preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    If you have such a problem with people posting about 1.4 you could take the crazy unheard of step....wait for it...not reading them.

And maybe not try to make the forum revolve around your particular preferences.
    No common sense? That thread was stickied by the FORUM MODERATORS to have one place for all of the discussion insted of 46 duplicate threads. Maybe it's called not having a forum full of 46 worthless threads all discussing the same thing.

+1
    Ditto for 1.5, 1.6 and so on and so on.....
    "I started this thread... To tell
    you not to start a thread..."

BAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree even if you did the
    same thing you were asking
    to stop. LOL
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Why does it bother you though?

People post to express their excitement, their frustration, anticipation, whatever.

This annoys you? It wastes your bandwidth? If makes you spend .003 seconds seeing the post title when you're scanning a forum page.

I'm all about mods taking control and weeding out completely useless posts about an update.

But that's a far cry from one or two people declaring that nobody should create a new post about something they might be interested simply because they don't want to see it. If you don't like the nature of a forum, well, that's an easy one....stay away from them. Or should I create a poll/post declaring that nobody should create posts about what other people post about. You see the absurdity?
    Why does it bother you though?

People post to express their excitement, their frustration, anticipation, whatever.

This annoys you? It wastes your bandwidth? If makes you spend .003 seconds seeing the post title when you're scanning a forum page.

I'm all about mods taking control and weeding out completely useless posts about an update.

But that's a far cry from one or two people declaring that nobody should create a new post about something they might be interested simply because they don't want to see it. If you don't like the nature of a forum, well, that's an easy one....stay away from them. Or should I create a poll/post declaring that nobody should create posts about what other people post about. You see the absurdity?
    You're ridiculous and obviously don't know much about forums with your 9 posts. It's not one or two people that don't want to see yet another 1.4 anticipation post. It's 95% of the community, that's why the official anticipation forum has been STICKIED.

If you'd like to discuss this further please let me know and I will create a thread just to discuss your lack of common sense.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'd say go for it if it's something that interests you. I've never had a thread dedicated to a discussion of how ridiculous I am, I'd be kind of interested.

That said, you're right. I've posted on this forum 9 times. You've posted 308 (or 309 after you write another juvenile response here)....my point is, in the scheme of things, I get the girl at the bar, because you've literally sat down 308 times to post something on a website dedicated to a phone. Rock on with your bad self, son.
    Sorry, little spoiled brats laying on the floor of a store kicking and screaming does bother me. What gets accomplished? Palm said that update 1.4 would be released sometime in Feb., what words in this sentence do people have a hard time understanding?
    I'd say go for it if it's something that interests you. I've never had a thread dedicated to a discussion of how ridiculous I am, I'd be kind of interested.

That said, you're right. I've posted on this forum 9 times. You've posted 308 (or 309 after you write another juvenile response here)....my point is, in the scheme of things, I get the girl at the bar, because you've literally sat down 308 times to post something on a website dedicated to a phone. Rock on with your bad self, son.
    Ha ha, that's funny my fiancee is actually sitting right here on the couch lol at this. In the scheme of things you're probably some 16 year old punk who's not picking up anything besides a bottle of lotion. Note you said, "I get the GIRL at the bar", which shows your age. Men pick up women, not girls.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Because the mods are obviously locking/deleting repetitive or useless threads that do nothing but moan about how the update is late.

OP decided that nobody should be able to create a new thread about the upcoming update at all...I disagree. I think if someone is excited about the update they should post about it. If they feel it justifies a new thread, well, the mods can decide to diagree or not. If someone has a substantive question about the update, they should feel free to post about it without having to see threads criticizing them for posting.

But mostly I just disagree with the hypocrisy of it. "Don't clutter the forum with useless threads, and I'm going to create a useless thread to express this."

You're able to create a thread about something you want to talk about, be fair and extend that same courtesy to other users, even if you disagree with what they're writing about.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Shouldn't we include 1.5 in this poll too?

WyreNut
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Ha ha, that's funny my fiancee is actually sitting right here on the couch lol at this. In the scheme of things you're probably some 16 year old punk who's not picking up anything besides a bottle of lotion. Note you said, "I get the GIRL at the bar", which shows your age. Men pick up women, not girls.
    I'm glad that you've managed to snag one of those rare women who are attracted to guys who spend inane amounts of time on a cell phone forum. And I mean that sincerely. Good luck with that.

As for the rest,...I'm not going to get personal. I recommend you don't either.
    Because the mods are obviously locking/deleting repetitive or useless threads that do nothing but moan about how the update is late.

OP decided that nobody should be able to create a new thread about the upcoming update at all...I disagree. I think if someone is excited about the update they should post about it. If they feel it justifies a new thread, well, the mods can decide to diagree or not. If someone has a substantive question about the update, they should feel free to post about it without having to see threads criticizing them for posting.

But mostly I just disagree with the hypocrisy of it. "Don't clutter the forum with useless threads, and I'm going to create a useless thread to express this."

You're able to create a thread about something you want to talk about, be fair and extend that same courtesy to other users, even if you disagree with what they're writing about.
    I'm glad that you've managed to snag one of those rare women who are attracted to guys who spend inane amounts of time on a cell phone forum. And I mean that sincerely. Good luck with that.

As for the rest,...I'm not going to get personal. I recommend you don't either.
    Post all you want about 1.4, just do it in the proper place. Read the mods first post on the sticky.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html

LOL to the rest of everything you've said.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    thanks for starting this tread
  19.    #19  
    Mmarcus and Mjkjr- me = Op(ref) calling "ding Ding" corners please. Take a deep breath. You BOTH have GREAT points. And yes if someone wants to post a new thread then so be it. I only said please. And as far as not reading them, I do and post IMO very good replies to set the record straight. OK guys? As we all see here it was not just I that saw this issue of all the threads.

As before do not click thanx.

P.S.
    Mjkjr - congrats on the engagement.

Here are few other threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-feb-25th.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-day.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-february.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ve-people.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thinks-so.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ue-2-15-a.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ght=feb+update
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ght=feb+update
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ght=feb+update

Here is the most recent PreCentral front page article.
    Webos-14-arrive-feb-25th

Be forewarned. it's still up to the carriers.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 02/21/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    @Finally_Pre: See what you started now? LOL.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast