Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    is there a way to lower the res of the videos or anything. Unless i have 3 or 4 bars it is impossible to watch anything. Im popping between 2 and 3 bars waiting on my wife and i can't watch a thing. On most phones it seems like it detects the speed your getting and adjusts the video resolution so that it might not be the best quality but atleast your not bored out of your mind!!!!
    Only way to get the most out of video apps like YouTube and Break are to utilize the WIFI otherwise you will be buffering until you die.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Only way to get the most out of video apps like YouTube and Break are to utilize the WIFI otherwise you will be buffering until you die.
    yeah but ive never had anywhere near as bad a problem with anyother phone with a youtube app.
    it works fine for me with or without wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    yeah but ive never had anywhere near as bad a problem with anyother phone with a youtube app.
    maybe you need to do a restart ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Its just simple 3gp, but one should note: youtube servers suck.

But I do think a major update to the WebOS youtube app is long over due. Try searching for something inside of already search results listing... i get 0 results always.
    I had the same issue before last update (sprint) and suddenly now I can watch Dramatic groundhog anywhere. Maybe reset the phone and try it fresh
    yea reset
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i reset my phone daily, like i said i just wish it would just stream the quality of video that your phone has the connection for at the time. Its almost impossible to watch a video that had hd next to it unless you have got a really good strong 4 or 5 bars of evdo.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I don't have any problems with streaming a video (once I've actually found something to watch) over 3g. If anyone remembers the iPhone's Youtube app when it first came out, it was pretty similar to what is in the Pre now. I think it was (guessing here) a year into the iPhone's life when Apple made their Youtube app more robust (ability to sign into your account being the greatest change). I'm hoping Palm updates the Youtube app to be on par with Apple's version sooner rather than later but, I mean, it's not like I'm watching hours of content on my Pre. Still, it would be nice to have.