Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    im a little confuse about the refurbished phone , i though a refurbished phone was some phone returned , rebuilb or fix it for sprint or palm!!!
    But like two days ago when i called to palm , they told me the refurbished phone is a brand new phone never used before , the only thing is dont come with any extra just the phone!

    So what is a refurbished phone?
  2. #2  
    They are returned and fixed phones that look new. However the last 3 refurbs i recieved looked new but had problems that I am convinced were the reason they were returned. It seems as tho palm has decided to skip the fixing part on some defects in hopes the they wont be an issue for the new owner when its re-issued.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    They are returned and fixed phones that look new. However the last 3 refurbs i recieved looked new but had problems that I am convinced were the reason they were returned. It seems as tho palm has decided to skip the fixing part on some defects in hopes the they wont be an issue for the new owner when its re-issued.
    thats what i thougt , i paid for an brand new phone and they want to give me a refurb phone in replace of my cracked one!... thats not fair
  4. #4  
    re·fur·bish (rē-fūr'bĭsh)
    tr.v. re·fur·bished, re·fur·bish·ing, re·fur·bish·es
    To make clean, bright, or fresh again; renovate.
    re·fur'bish·ment n.

    They prefer you not demand a "NEW" one ... may be using the "any phone you have not had before is New to You" logic
  5. #5  
    I usually have no problems and sometimes prefer refurbished because what might break already has and been fixed. However as of lately I am discouraged by palms abuse of not actually testing them the way they claim to.
  6.    #6  
    i have some friends with refurb phones , they keep complaining about the phone coming some extra launcher pages or diferent tweaks!
  7. #7  
    I have never had a problem with a refurbished phone.

    There is NO WAY that they are receiving a phone that has extra pages or tweaks installed.
  8. #8  
    i got a refurbished phone and it is crackin'~ not literally. i mean its good.
  9. #9  
    I went through three Pres with different common issues. The first two were actually brand new and one was from launch, but my third one is a refurb, and so far it's in so much better shape than my previous ones, rock solid so far. :]
  10.    #10  
    maybe i should consider the refurb phone for exchange!
  11. surferpr's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #11  
    About a month ago Sprint replaced my phone with a refurb and it feels a lot firmer in my hand a little heavier than my old one. Dunno if its a placebo effect or not but I can tell you im allot happier with my "new" one. Also might want to note that I bought the phone the day it was released.
  12. #12  
    I just received my refurbished pre on Tuesday, and so far it has been rock solid. The keys seem different to me than my old pre, but maybe it just seems that way because its new. My opinion is take the refurb, if you dont like it , ask for another until you get one that you feel is to your standards.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i have some friends with refurb phones , they keep complaining about the phone coming some extra launcher pages or diferent tweaks!
    The added launcher pages and led notifications and a few others are stored in your palm profile, It has nothing to do w/ the refurb or not.

    Also the term refurb is misleading...Its actualy all ne hardware except the internal circuitry. Meaning new screen, housing, slider mechanisms. The circuit boards are tested and memory wiped.. They are for all practical purposes a new phone.

    In most cases a refurb is a better Phone because it utilizes all the latest parts.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    I have never had a problem with a refurbished phone.

    There is NO WAY that they are receiving a phone that has extra pages or tweaks installed.
    I just got a refurb yesterday and it had 4 launcher pages and two apps from the catalog that I for sure had never seen before (one was golf). so its possible.
  15. #15  
    My Pre is technically a refurb. Same internals as my first one but in the newer casing with the silver button. So far, the build quality seems much better
  16. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #16  
    Refurbs are a complete gamble. I went through 3 of them in 2 months! I finally lucked out and got a "new refurb". Basically I think it was purchased and returned immediately because the factory fitted plastic was still on the touch screen, the 'recon status' said NO and it has been my most solid Pre since launch day. Normally refurbs were malfunctioning at some point and fixed by their so called experts and will come with a sloppy piece of plastic surrounding it. I've never has good luck with refurbs, but I'm sure plenty of people have. That's why I say it's a gamble.. .
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravbx View Post
    I have never had a problem with a refurbished phone.

    There is NO WAY that they are receiving a phone that has extra pages or tweaks installed.
    it is possible and i have seen it first hand! the company that refurbs the pre's is not doing a very good job. palm is really dropping the ball unfortunately.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    The added launcher pages and led notifications and a few others are stored in your palm profile, It has nothing to do w/ the refurb or not.

    Also the term refurb is misleading...Its actualy all ne hardware except the internal circuitry. Meaning new screen, housing, slider mechanisms. The circuit boards are tested and memory wiped.. They are for all practical purposes a new phone.

    In most cases a refurb is a better Phone because it utilizes all the latest parts.
    i totally disagree, refurbs are recalled alot more then new devices. the companies that refurb these devices sometimes do a real sloppy job. i have seen motorola,LG,samsung, HTC and palm all recall refurb devices here and there. i only remember 3 situations where a OEM recalled a new device off the shelf.
  19.    #19  
    yeap, like some fo you say... I dont really trust in the refurb phones.
  20. chino0131's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #20  
    What I was told by Sprint, Palm, and HTC ( had issues with my Palm and an old HTC) about refurbs is that they are phones that have been returned for either 1) an owner returned/exchanged the phone within their 30 day trial period, or 2) a phone that was returned due to defects. I was informed that in either case the returned phone goes through a thorough wipe and check to ensure there are no issues. However, in my experience dealing with a refurb is a gamble. As I posted elsewhere, my last refurb arrived at the Sprint store defective; no buttons would work and there was a major oreo. The rep gave me a brand new one, and my Pre has been great since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions