1.    #1  
    I got a palm pre device over ebay (with a clean esn) and I want to use it for app development over wifi and unfortunately i can't seem to get past the profile creations scene. how do I work around it and just use the device over wifi ?
    search the forums for a metadoctor
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Palm sure does not make this easy.

Maybe I'm a little dense. I read down to the last set of instructions that require an MSL, MDN and MSID. How are you supposed to get these from Sprint if you do not have a Sprint contract?
  5.    #5  
    thanks much for the info. Just one clarification, if I have Wifi access, do I need to get the MSL number from Sprint ?
    Quote Originally Posted by realculguy View Post
    thanks much for the info. Just one clarification, if I have Wifi access, do I need to get the MSL number from Sprint ?
    No. As long as you have WiFi, you don't need Sprint for anything.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    No. As long as you have WiFi, you don't need Sprint for anything.
    So, after I run MetaDoctor and reboot I will be able to configure WIFI? Will I be able to do that before I run the "First Run" application?"

This is great if I can get it to work. I switched from a Sprint Pre to a Verizon Pixi Plus and would love to be let somebody else in the house use the Pre for web, mail, IM, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    So, after I run MetaDoctor and reboot I will be able to configure WIFI? Will I be able to do that before I run the "First Run" application?"

This is great if I can get it to work. I switched from a Sprint Pre to a Verizon Pixi Plus and would love to be let somebody else in the house use the Pre for web, mail, IM, etc.
    Yeah it will boot up as if it had already been activated. Just turn on WiFi like normal and then run the First Use app to create a Palm Profile. Heck I think even the Palm Profile is optional if you don't want to take advantage of the backup features.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm trying to do this with MacOS and not sure that I have all the nstructions right. I used this MetaDoctor link and thought I followed the instructions. It was a little difficult as main sequence is described with Linux and MacOS is supposed to be a "slight variation."

Nevertheless, after installing Xcode, X11, git-core and a few other things I was able to make it all the way to the make step. Then I got this message

make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.3.5.1.jar] Error 1
    Does anybody know where I can more more explicit instructions for MacOS?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    In order to enable the wifi it asks for a file I can't find on the phone or computer (I did a full computer search.) Is that evident for you? Trying building without it.
    Oops!
    Last edited by matteebee13; 06/25/2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Wrong thread!
    Maybe you should merge these threads http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ut-sprint.html Sounds like the same question.