Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a Pixi Plus from verizon and what wierd is not all of my Exchange Outlook contacts are syncing...Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfox27 View Post
    I have a Pixi Plus from verizon and what wierd is not all of my Exchange Outlook contacts are syncing...Has anyone else experienced this?
    I just experienced something similar with my Google Apps Premier account (basically an Exchange account, but hosted by Google). It turns out that Palm knows about an issue, but hasn't publicized it, and lower level tech support actually had me do a partial erase and then a WebOS Dr before I reached a 2nd level support manager who actually told me about the known issue and how to solve it

Anyway, on to a possible solution for you, it turns out that the WebOS contact app can't process certain special characters (for example *, @, !) in the display name. I can't accurately advise which characters they are (since Palm didn't seem to be sure themselves), but as I started filtering through my contacts online, and erasing all non-alpha characters from display names, eventually all my contacts started syncing over! I can tell you that apostrophes are definitely OK, as are hyphens. Hopefully this will solve your problem too!

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Cool i will give it a try and post my results...thank you