Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have setup my Exchange email account and I am receiving notifications for my Inbox however on my Exchange server my Outlook rules sort new mail into folders for certain (important) people which results in this huge issue: no notifications for new mail in folders. I even marked favorite the folders thinking that might do it but still nothing.

Are there no notifications/settings for non-inbox folders? I was using my exchange on my iPhone previous to getting the Palm Pre at work and was able to select push notifications for select folders and it worked but I'm sure you can imagine how bad it is not getting emails from important people unless i manually go in and let the folder sync.

I don't really see any options under Preferences & Accounts or the Exchange account settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also FYI Palm Pre on Bell Mobility in Canada running webOS 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Try to star the folders you want notification for on the Pre ... I have a similar setup (not using exchange, but using IMAP at work) and I have certain folders starred and these folders get emils though Outlook using Rules .. the starred folders always display a notification ... give it a shot
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Here, I attached screenshots, I have folders starred.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    Try to star the folders you want notification for on the Pre ... I have a similar setup (not using exchange, but using IMAP at work) and I have certain folders starred and these folders get emils though Outlook using Rules .. the starred folders always display a notification ... give it a shot
    Notifications only come for inbox. There is a patch that will let you quickly check all starred folders from within the mail app itself, but WebOS currently does not send standard notifications on anything but the inbox.

My solution was to create an account for my phone to use, and simply forward important stuff to that. Most people, not being mail admins, don't have that luxury. One option would be to forward important stuff to a 'for my phone' gmail account, and sign into that with the phone. Another is to write a recipe (yes, i'm going to stick with procmail terminology, deal with it :-) ) that copies to a single folder, and have your pre check that as 'inbox'. I'm not sure if that would actually work, though, as I haven't tried.

All of the above remove the benefit of 'manage my mail in one place' that IMAP provides, unfortunately. But at least I get alerts for everything that is important to me. Beats having to manually open the app and check.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, guess i'll have to work around it too, hopefully palm will add support for that in the future (not holding my breath)
    Was having this same problem for my Yahoo! account.

I can confirm that removing it and then adding it again does indeed fix the problem and I am now getting notifications
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I deleted and readded my Exchange just to check but nope its just not supported basically. Terrible for business.