Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    YouView the visual voicemail client for YouMail is now available!

Grab a copy today and once you experience visual voicemail you will wonder how you lived without it at all.

Featuring:

• Completely visual - see who called, from where, and even their picture.

• You can still dial in like before (if you feel the need!).

• Return the phone call with a simple tap of your finger.

• Flag voicemails that need followed up so you don’t forget.

• Save time – Play messages in any order! Tap to play or swipe to delete.

• Organize – Stay organized by placing voicemails into folders.

• Voice-To-Text Transcriptions - Know if a message truly is urgent in
      situations when you can't simply dial or answer your phone. Read and respond to voicemail messages while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy setting.

• Custom Greetings - Easily have different greetings for your sweetie, your friends, your co-workers and your boss. Choose from a library of free greetings or upload any sound file as a greeting.

• Share voicemails with family, friends, or colleagues via text or email.

• Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave a voicemail.

• Easily let a pesky ex or telemarketers think your number is no longer in service.

COMING SOON:

• Effortlessly sync your YouMail contacts with your phones contact list using Palm’s Synergy technology.

• Google Voice integration.

NOTES:

• Playback is currently limited to speaker. This is a Palm limitation.

• Contacts Synergy is still in beta.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Will the homebrew app be updated alongside with this version? What are the differences between the App store version and the homebrew?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Will the homebrew app be updated alongside with this version? What are the differences between the App store version and the homebrew?
    The homebrew version was a beta and has currently been removed. It will come and go as needed as we continuously improve the app.

The current version in the App catalog has some bug fixes primarily in the Greetings Preferences from the 0.5.21 beta.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've been doing some testing, and YouView hasn't been waking up.

I get the text alert, but no dashboard notification from YouView. Although, it did wake up earlier in the day, and the phone hasn't been reset since before then.

I'm going to reset and test again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I've been doing some testing, and YouView hasn't been waking up.

I get the text alert, but no dashboard notification from YouView. Although, it did wake up earlier in the day, and the phone hasn't been reset since before then.

I'm going to reset and test again.
    Thanks for testing let me send you a quick build with the https fix in it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i just purchased this app and it looks promising but i cant seem to figure out how the contact pictures doesn't come up at all and if i try to import contacts on youmail.com contacts come up but still no pics. it is advertised as pictures will come up also. if anyone could give me an update or explanation how it should work?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    i just purchased this app and it looks promising but i cant seem to figure out how the contact pictures doesn't come up at all and if i try to import contacts on youmail.com contacts come up but still no pics. it is advertised as pictures will come up also. if anyone could give me an update or explanation how it should work?
    I am guessing that you are referring to the pictures when people leave messages?

These images are served from YouMail. You can upload pics in the contacts section of the web interface or if the user is a YouMail subscriber it will provide the pic. YouMail can also link to your Facebook account and grab your contacts and their pics from Facebook.

You can also add contacts one by one from your address book to YouMail by turning on "synergy", however some users do experience issues with this so its not the ideal method at this point.

We are working on providing full contacts synergy, in the mean time though the web interface will get you going, yes it takes a bit of time but it is well worth it. Once synergy is up and running you will be able to sync the contacts and images between your phone and youmail.

I hope this answers the question if not or have more or maybe none of this made sense LOL, just let us know.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Easy way to get all of your contacts into Youmail right now. Use the "send all contacts via email" patch from Preware, and you'll have an option in Contacts to email all of your contacts. Do that, and email the file to yourself, and you'll have a vcard.vcf file.

Then, use Online vCard Converter to convert the vcf file to a csv file. For format, choose "Gmail (CSV)". You'll get a vcard.csv file from that. Go to Youmail>Contacts>Import. Choose "Upload Contacts file" and then choose the vcard.csv file.

It's not ideal, but it's the easiest way right now to get all of them imported (at least, that I know of).
    I haven't visited YouMails website in sometime... However, If I'm not mistaken you have to pay to have voice-to-text-transcriptions. Is this still the case? At one point I thought they offered shorter transcriptions for free, however I am not finding this option.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I haven't visited YouMails website in sometime... However, If I'm not mistaken you have to pay to have voice-to-text-transcriptions. Is this still the case? At one point I thought they offered shorter transcriptions for free, however I am not finding this option.
    They only offer short transcriptions at a discount, unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    so what is the different in the paid app and the free app I had installed? I purchased the paid one thinking the transcription would be included- but it wasn't and it seems I paid for the same thing i had for free. correct me if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    # Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave a voicemail.

How do you do this?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Why do we have to pay for this? It's free on my Blackberry and works like it is supposed to, with no bugs. Sooooo.....they want us to pay for a app, that doesn't work 100%, that is free on other platforms and works perfectly. Soooooo.....I think not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeriep View Post
    so what is the different in the paid app and the free app I had installed? I purchased the paid one thinking the transcription would be included- but it wasn't and it seems I paid for the same thing i had for free. correct me if I'm wrong.
    The free one was a beta, set to expire at a certain date, to help the developer with testing. It was never intended to be permanently free, from what I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Why do we have to pay for this? It's free on my Blackberry and works like it is supposed to, with no bugs. Sooooo.....they want us to pay for a app, that doesn't work 100%, that is free on other platforms and works perfectly. Soooooo.....I think not!
    One, Youmail themselves made the app for the BB. From what I can tell, they had no intention of doing the same for webOS, so Arcticus stepped in and developed a third-party app that has all the functionality. It's still not entirely finished, so yeah, maybe there's a few bugs. When Youmail makes the app themselves, they can do it for free because they get compensated for their time by people paying for the transcription and other extra features. Arcticus, having no affiliation with Youmail, doesn't see any of that money, and so chose to charge a small fee for his effort. If you don't like it, you can try the Google Voice version by a different developer, entitled "Visual Voicemail." But this is clearly a better app, and I have no problem paying for it.

I have no affiliation with Arcticus, or Youmail, though, so I could have things a little off.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One, Youmail themselves made the app for the BB. From what I can tell, they had no intention of doing the same for webOS, so Arcticus stepped in and developed a third-party app that has all the functionality. It's still not entirely finished, so yeah, maybe there's a few bugs. When Youmail makes the app themselves, they can do it for free because they get compensated for their time by people paying for the transcription and other extra features. Arcticus, having no affiliation with Youmail, doesn't see any of that money, and so chose to charge a small fee for his effort. If you don't like it, you can try the Google Voice version by a different developer, entitled "Visual Voicemail." But this is clearly a better app, and I have no problem paying for it.

I have no affiliation with Arcticus, or Youmail, though, so I could have things a little off.
    You know what? You are absolutely right! I spoke before I had all of the facts straight. I thought it was the same program. I didn't even see the play on words in the naming of the programs. Sorry. I don't see a problem paying for the app cause I love this program on my BB.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Thanks for testing let me send you a quick build with the https fix in it.
    Thanks, got it installed w/ webOS QI, and so far so good. As you mentioned, it preserved all contact info from the previous version, so no more re-syncing contacts! yea!

...and it seems to be waking up on it's own, following a reset now.

I'll be able to run a few more tests tomorrow.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

That pretty much sums it up
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    hey downloaded the app and I love it! My question is I see you plan to intregrate Google Voice into the app so does that mean that you will be able to pull voicemails from either youmail or google voice? Because that would be awesome as I like google voice better for voicemail being that transcriptions are free and it's so intregrated into my gmail contacts. I'm only using youmail for the app to be honest I like being able to delete the vm's from the phone something that is limited using the other apps.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    hey downloaded the app and I love it! My question is I see you plan to intregrate Google Voice into the app so does that mean that you will be able to pull voicemails from either youmail or google voice? Because that would be awesome as I like google voice better for voicemail being that transcriptions are free and it's so intregrated into my gmail contacts. I'm only using youmail for the app to be honest I like being able to delete the vm's from the phone something that is limited using the other apps.
    Be sure to give us a glowing review in the app catalog

YouView will support Google Voice via YouMails "dropbox" feature. Basically you set Google Voice to email {phoneNumber}@my.youmail.com and YouMail will treat it like a regular voicemail left with them including transcribing it if you have that service. Of course you can have Google transcribe the message and send it via sms. We are working out the kinks with YouMail to auto-acknowledge the setup email and get the caller id info from Google.

By the way this feature can work for any service that sends audio attachments via email. So if you use VOIP like Vonage or your cable provider. Need to play with this a bit more and then do a write up on how to set it up.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast