Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. stirling's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #41  
    PM sent. Thanks
  2. bleacher's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #42  
    I have paid version 0.5.31 and am no longer getting any of the YouView notifications (it worked until I rebotted my phone). How do I get version 0.5.32 which is suppose to fix this notification problem?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bleacher View Post
    I have paid version 0.5.31 and am no longer getting any of the YouView notifications (it worked until I rebotted my phone). How do I get version 0.5.32 which is suppose to fix this notification problem?
    Just start up youview after a reboot and notifications will work fine. 0.5.32 is under review by Palm.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  4. #44  
    I love it. Been using it for a while and its quite useful, especially where I am working.

    Only thing is the volume isn't that high when doing playback of my messages. Besides that, I love it!! GOOD Job!
  5. bleacher's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Just start up youview after a reboot and notifications will work fine. 0.5.32 is under review by Palm.
    Tried that and still no luck. The YouView notifications are still not appearing.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by bleacher View Post
    Tried that and still no luck. The YouView notifications are still not appearing.
    Open the preferences menu and makes sure everything loads, if not send me a PM or email.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  7. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #47  
    any word when google voice will work via drop box? I was beta tester but had to step back and observe only b/c of my need for google voice.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    any word when google voice will work via drop box? I was beta tester but had to step back and observe only b/c of my need for google voice.
    YouMail is actively working on it this week.

    I have it working on my phone. What I did was tell GV to send email to {phone}@my.youmail.com and then YouMail forwarded that to my email address where I clicked the link to authorize it (check spam folder I missed it like 4 times lol). Once that is setup, YouView will receive your GV voicemails, however the caller id info is wrong and YouMail is working to correct this.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  9. foush's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #49  
    Is there a way to listen to the messages through the phone and not the speakerphone? I just downloaded the app and so far so good. Thanks Arcticus for the support!!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by foush View Post
    Is there a way to listen to the messages through the phone and not the speakerphone? I just downloaded the app and so far so good. Thanks Arcticus for the support!!
    Nope not at this time, it is a limitation by Palm. We are hoping with the success of the app and support from the community we can get Palm to make the changes we need to enhance the app sooner rather than later.

    Visual Voice-Mail was a big achilles heal of WebOs and I think Palm will recognize that YouView fills this gap nicely and will work with us to make the improvements we need/want.

    I am actually surprised PreCentral's team hasn't picked up on this and done a small piece on it yet.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  11. foush's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Nope not at this time, it is a limitation by Palm. We are hoping with the success of the app and support from the community we can get Palm to make the changes we need to enhance the app sooner rather than later.

    Visual Voice-Mail was a big achilles heal of WebOs and I think Palm will recognize that YouView fills this gap nicely and will work with us to make the improvements we need/want.

    I am actually surprised PreCentral's team hasn't picked up on this and done a small piece on it yet.
    Thanks Arcticus. I hope Palm will get this addressed for you in 1.4. Keep up the good work!
  12. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #52  
    <I am actually surprised PreCentral's team hasn't picked up on this and done a small piece on it yet.>

    Careful what you wish for. You might be better off to wait for 1.4 to drop, and allows better syncing with contacts, or you will be fielding 100's of questions about "why my contacts won't sync", and "I cant hear my messages!", from all the new users who won't bother to read the threads, or even the help file. ;-)

    Fame has it's price. ...and I fear that those two issues, (contact syncing, set-up and the "volume" problem), will make your life a lot tougher.

    That said, Visual Voicemail (YouView/YouMail), should/will be a "key" app for webOS, and PreCentral should give it the "face time" it deserves.

    Where we, and PreCentral, could help, is to lobby Palm, on the behalf of YouView/YouMail, to provide access to the areas of webOS, the app needs, to work as well as the YouMail apps for the iPhone/Adndoid/BB platforms.

    We/I just need to know exactly what that message is? What does Palm need to provide to make YouView a "killer App" for webOS?
  13. #53  
    no offense to the two apps, but what is the reason webOS doesn't have visual voicemail? Granted these guys are filling a need, but after having it native and going to youview or gvoice is still clunky. Granted the options they offer are nice_ but as with most fluff type features I'd prefer to have the seamlesness of native vv with the more basic feature set.
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/19/2010 at 05:03 PM.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    no offense to the two apps, but what is the reason webOS doesn't have visual voicemail? Granted these guys are filling a need, but after having it native and going to youview or gvoice is still clunky. Granted the options they offer are nice_ but as with most gfluff type features_ I'd prefer to have the seamlessness of native vv with the more basic feature set.
    disagree completely this works great and integrates really well.
  15. #55  
    glad you like it, I'm just more curious why it's not native with no real effort to be made native.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  16. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    YouMail is actively working on it this week.

    I have it working on my phone. What I did was tell GV to send email to {phone}@my.youmail.com and then YouMail forwarded that to my email address where I clicked the link to authorize it (check spam folder I missed it like 4 times lol). Once that is setup, YouView will receive your GV voicemails, however the caller id info is wrong and YouMail is working to correct this.
    I did this and it works, I have my sprint voicemail and google voice both in my youmail app. Working really good and my caller ID for google voice is working also......

    Do all of your contacts in google voice match your Pre? Mine does...


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    no offense to the two apps, but what is the reason webOS doesn't have visual voicemail? Granted these guys are filling a need, but after having it native and going to youview or gvoice is still clunky. Granted the options they offer are nice_ but as with most fluff type features I'd prefer to have the seamlesness of native vv with the more basic feature set.
    Here is some food for thought. Each carrier has their own customized PBX systems which handles voicemail. As you can imagine this creates quite the conundrum when trying to create a universal solution to interface into all these custom systems. It is not by coincidence that the phones that have native visual voicemail are carrier specific phones (iPhone on AT&T, Instinct on Sprint, BB Storm on Verizon, etc). If you remember when the iPhone first launched AT&T had to make some substantial system and network changes to support visual voicemail.

    WebOs although exclusive with Sprint for a period, has always been envisioned for multi-carrier phones. Creating a native visual voicemail that could interface into each of these systems would require allot of work not only by Palm but by the carrier to support this.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  18. #58  
    Just one tiny little thing I've noticed so far, Massachusetts is spelled wrong in the part that shows the state for an unknown caller. You have it spelled 'Massachusettes'.

    Also, I think I've read that you're planning on making a hidden folder so they don't show in the music player, for the downloaded VMs, is that correct? If I haven't read that (which is possible), I'd definitely suggest it.
  19. #59  
    Nice, bought it. So far it's working fine. No problems
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions