Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do we delete the homebrew app before purchasing the official app? What is the procedure for switching?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Do we delete the homebrew app before purchasing the official app? What is the procedure for switching?
    You don't have to but I can't guarantee the cross effects (we just never tested that). The paid version upgrades will be streamlined and database/settings will be migrated properly. So all in all I would delete the beta version and then download the paid.

Don't forget to give us a glowing review
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    More testing today... YouView seems to be waking up on its own following resets now. (Well, after Luna resets, anyway... I figured since I had to install webOS QI, I'd also installed Preware, ...and some of those great patches, I couldn't resist....

So, I can no longer say I'm testing on a stock non-patched Pre. Sorry? It is kinda your fault, though, ;-)

When you receive a 2nd. voice mail, without opening YouView in between, the 2nd. dashboard notification does not display the contact info, when the notification window attempts to scroll the message info, the 1st. one displays fine, the 2nd. is blank.

I'm also noticing YouView has sync'd the contacts I had imported into YouMail, which then sync'd with YouView, when it was installed, into the Palm Pre's contacts under the YouMail profile. webOS Synergy has merged these contacts into the matching contacts on the Pre. The contacts in YouMail remain unchanged. (i.e. no contact pics display, but I wasn't expecting that to be fixed yet, I know that, like all of us, has to wait for 1.4 for that to be fixed)

Cheers, Todd K.

So far so good,
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    More testing today... YouView seems to be waking up on its own following resets now. (Well, after Luna resets, anyway... I figured since I had to install webOS QI, I'd also installed Preware, ...and some of those great patches, I couldn't resist....

So, I can no longer say I'm testing on a stock non-patched Pre. Sorry? It is kinda your fault, though, ;-)

When you receive a 2nd. voice mail, without opening YouView in between, the 2nd. dashboard notification does not display the contact info, when the notification window attempts to scroll the message info, the 1st. one displays fine, the 2nd. is blank.

I'm also noticing YouView has sync'd the contacts I had imported into YouMail, which then sync'd with YouView, when it was installed, into the Palm Pre's contacts under the YouMail profile. webOS Synergy has merged these contacts into the matching contacts on the Pre. The contacts in YouMail remain unchanged. (i.e. no contact pics display, but I wasn't expecting that to be fixed yet, I know that, like all of us, has to wait for 1.4 for that to be fixed)

Cheers, Todd K.

So far so good,
    OK sounds like the https fix does the job. I also reproduced the dashboard issue and will fix that as well. I'll send you a build to test and then if you give your blessing I think its safe enough to push to the app catalog.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I sent a testing update via email.

A weird glitch with late/delayed text alerts, but that seems to have resolved.

Multiple wake ups following resets. YouView dashboard alerts seem to be quicker, although I don't see how that's possible. ... good timing, more than anything else.

the more friends, co-workers and clients call and experience the "Smart Greetings" feature want it for their phones. (Would/Will/Can YouMail work for home phones / land lines?)

Things are getting better and better!

Cheers, Todd K.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I sent a testing update via email.

A weird glitch with late/delayed text alerts, but that seems to have resolved.

Multiple wake ups following resets. YouView dashboard alerts seem to be quicker, although I don't see haw that's possible. ... good timing, more than anything else.

the more friends, co-workers and clients call and experience the "Smart Greetings" feature want it for their phones. (Would/Will/Can YouMail work for home phones / land lines?)

Things are getting better and better!

Cheers, Todd K.
    Got the email, fixing the dashboard issue right now.

YouMail transfered their servers to a CDN recently so there might have been a hiccup today as they turned something on/off while transitioning.

YouMail can work with any service that offers email notifications with the voicemails attached (Like Vonage offers). Or any phone system that supports conditional call forwarding. Thus anything that works with YouMail, will flow down to YouView.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

OMG. how do i remove this and put my regular voicemail back on!!! I'M GOING CRAZY. I deleted the app icon on my phone and i can't fix this. It was the beta app. I thought deleting it would bring my regular voicemail. I can still log on on the computer but i cant close my account and get my regular voicemail back on!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    OMG. how do i remove this and put my regular voicemail back on!!! I'M GOING CRAZY. I deleted the app icon on my phone and i can't fix this. It was the beta app. I thought deleting it would bring my regular voicemail. I can still log on on the computer but i cant close my account and get my regular voicemail back on!
    On Sprint dial *38 or on Verizon dial *73.

Any feedback on why you no longer want to use YouView would be appreciated.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    settle down, and try doing a search... that's what I just did...

Sprint subscribers:

1. Dial *38 then press [SEND]. You should hear a series of beeps and then your phone will disconnect. This is normal and it means that the feature activation was successful..
    2. You may want to call your cell phone from another line to verify that your calls are now being forwarded to your Sprint voicemail.
    3. If are unsuccessful, contact Sprint Technical Support at 888-211-4727 to disable call forwarding.

Verizon subscribers:

1. Dial *73 then press [SEND]. You should hear a series of beeps and then your phone will disconnect. This is normal and it means that the feature activation was successful.
    2. You may want to call your cell phone from another line to verify that your calls are now being forwarded to your Verizon voicemail.
    3. If that does not work, you can also dial *710 then press [SEND].
    4. Click Here to reprogram your voice number with *86 (this will connect you back to your carrier's voicemail). Replace the number displayed with *86.
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/17/2010 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    On Sprint dial *38 or on Verizon dial *73.

Any feedback on why you no longer want to use YouView would be appreciated.
    It's not bad. It's very good. I just get confused and I missed a few my voicemails because I normally swipe my email away and don't really check them. And I've been to busy to set up the voicemail because of school work. It's to complicatedto explain right now. In the future I may use it. But right now I just need something plain. And thanks for the help.
    I bought the app and gave it a 5*. I first deleted the beta app then downloaded the new one and everything is working great so far.

I didnt sink the contacts since I already got them in google.

I turned off email and text notifications, it takes an average of 2-3 for the YouView notification to pop up....all and all I love it and many callers are impressed with it as well.

I also recommend users to create a speed dial for the YouMail voicemail, which allows you then to just press 2 and works like regular voicemail until all the little bugs are worked out
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I've loaded the app catalog version, and I'm having trouble playing a voice mail more than once. After I play it the initial time, when I tap the voice mail it just sort of blinks but doesn't play. Any suggestions?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    I've loaded the app catalog version, and I'm having trouble playing a voice mail more than once. After I play it the initial time, when I tap the voice mail it just sort of blinks but doesn't play. Any suggestions?
    Reboot sounds like audio driver is hosed up.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    New beta installed via webOS QI,

After a Device Info reset, YouView continues to wake up and send a dashboard notification within 3-4 mins. Text alerts were on time, except one. (out of 7 test messages/calls, it could be a network glitch, I guess - but, with YouView waking up solidly now, I'm probably going to turn off text notifications anyway.)

Multiple dashboard notifications now display, I had 3 notifications "stacked" and the dashboard notifications scrolled/rotated through them all, with just a slight lag loading the contact pics.

Volume of messages, when played through my bluetooth headset, (BluueAnt Q1), is very low, (even on max volume)

.....but, all in all, it's working well.

Question; when the audio issues are able to be addressed, are you planning an option to listen through the speaker, with a higher volume level? I may not always want to listen to my voice mail messages through the ear piece, Matter of fact, prior to YouMail, I always used the speakerphone when dialing in to listen to messages. I'm glad I don't have to dial-in anymore, but, I know I'm gonna want/need to blast these messages through the speaker someday. ;-) as I try to write something down at the same time...

But, IMHO, (while we wait for 1.4 to address contact syncing and earpiece volume issues), this version is ready to be pushed out.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Reboot sounds like audio driver is hosed up.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that I had rebooted and still see the same behavior. And was a full reboot, not just Luna. Also I'm not sure that the copy to phone functionality is working for me either. When I press that button I don't see anything happening other than a button press.
    Be sure to give us a glowing review in the app catalog

YouView will support Google Voice via YouMails "dropbox" feature. Basically you set Google Voice to email {phoneNumber}@my.youmail.com and YouMail will treat it like a regular voicemail left with them including transcribing it if you have that service. Of course you can have Google transcribe the message and send it via sms. We are working out the kinks with YouMail to auto-acknowledge the setup email and get the caller id info from Google. . .
    How do I acknowledge the e-mail address in the mean time since google voice requires acknowledgment for the e-mail address and you mail only sends audio messages to dropbox? I don't see a way to check drop box for non audio e-mail.
  17.    #37  
    Sorry, should have mentioned that I had rebooted and still see the same behavior. And was a full reboot, not just Luna. Also I'm not sure that the copy to phone functionality is working for me either. When I press that button I don't see anything happening other than a button press.
    Shotgun approach here to fixing it but delete and reinstall?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    How do I acknowledge the e-mail address in the mean time since google voice requires acknowledgment for the e-mail address and you mail only sends audio messages to dropbox? I don't see a way to check drop box for non audio e-mail.
    YouMail is working to auto acknowledge the email. In the mean time it should forward to the Google email. Check your Spam folder. You may need to resend the verification email a few times till this is fully worked out.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Shotgun approach here to fixing it but delete and reinstall?
    OK, gave that a shot. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled. No change. Any suggestions?
  20.    #40  
    OK, gave that a shot. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled. No change. Any suggestions?
    Hmm shoot me an email or PM and lets take this offline as I think its a one off problem and don't want clutter up the forum with it.
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast