1.    #1  
    The forward swipe gesture is virtually obsolete in WebOS - Palm need to figure out a standardised, consistent function for it.

I'd also like to see some more Advanced Gestures in future updates - there's loads of potential gestures that aren't being used:

Meta + tap
    Meta + drag
    Hold meta with one finger
    Hold meta with two fingers
    Double tap meta with one finger
    Double tap meta with two fingers
    Meta + Volume Up
    Meta + Volume Down
    Meta + Center Button
    Meta + Power Button
    Meta + A
    Meta + B
    Meta + C
    ... You get the idea

I understand that the user might get confused if there are too many gestures and combinations going on - which is why each one should be enabled/disabled in the options like the current advanced gestures.

Also, allowing users to program their own gestures would help things too. Eg. Meta + T could open your Twitter application. Meta + M could "Phone Mum".

What are your thoughts?
    i think it would be useful if the forward gesture could be programmable for your chosen app say Messaging. other uses are:
    switch to video mode in camera application(and vice-versa)
    skip to next song in music
    next related video in youtube
    maybe even selecting a text message and forwards gesture to forward the message?
    there are lots of uses for it really.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    "Also, allowing users to program their own gestures would help things too. Eg. Meta + T could open your Twitter application. Meta + M could "Phone Mum"."

It's always nice to have options, but with universal search your example of Meta + T barely more efficient than hitting the button, typing t, w, and clicking tweed (my choice).

WebOS already has speed dial, so I'm not sure how Meta + M would be better than just holding M for a bit.

I agree that forward swipe and the Meta combo could be used more, I just think there might be better examples out there. Of course, Meta + Z would be nice if there was an "undo" feature, but that may be off-topic.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    i think it would be useful if the forward gesture could be programmable for your chosen app say Messaging. other uses are:
    switch to video mode in camera application(and vice-versa)
    skip to next song in music
    next related video in youtube
    maybe even selecting a text message and forwards gesture to forward the message?
    there are lots of uses for it really.
    Nice, how about next option in the auto-complete list? We would need that feature first, too, though.