Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I got my Pre in June and went through the process months ago and now forget. My wife just got a Pre, we've installed Preware using the newest version of WebOSQI.

When I try to install a patch the blue install button blinks but does nothing else. The patches will not install.

What am I forgetting?

Thanks.
    Do you have the Package Manager Service installed?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Yes. I installed it with WEBOSQI at the same time as Preware.
    Have you tried asking on the Preware thread...I don't know much more to tell you, cause I haven't run into this issue, but there are folks over there who know tons.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I'll try that as well. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Blaize (and others):

It hadn't occurred to me that the newly purchased phone would not have 1.3.5.x on it. I happened to notice the patches showing up on Preware were 1.2.1.x. So I updated the webos to 1.3.5.x and then the patches that showed up on Preware were all 1.3.5.x and we were then able to install the patches.

Blaize, thanks for your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmark61 View Post
    Blaize (and others):

It hadn't occurred to me that the newly purchased phone would not have 1.3.5.x on it. I happened to notice the patches showing up on Preware were 1.2.1.x. So I updated the webos to 1.3.5.x and then the patches that showed up on Preware were all 1.3.5.x and we were then able to install the patches.

Blaize, thanks for your responses.
    Wow, I never even thought of that (and I should have, cause I went through a couple replacement phones that I had to update), but will definitely remember it if someone else posts a similar issue!

You are welcome. I don't know a ton, but I try to help cause I want people to love their Pre's/Pixi's and keep webOS going.