Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Ran across this the other day [PDF]:
    http://www.good.com/media/pdf/enterp...whitepaper.pdf

From the whitepaper:
    The goal of this whitepaper is to provide more detail on the unique opportunities and challenges that iPhone and other new platforms represent for enterprises and to answer key questions on the security architecture of Good’s support for new mobile platforms, including iPhone (e.g. original iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS), Android (e.g. Motorola DROID, HTC Hero, Samsung Moment), and webOS (e.g. Palm® PreTM, Palm® PixiTM).
    This looks encouraging for us folks who would like to use our Pre's in the enterprise. I work in the infosec field and we've been getting pressure from management to start allowing iPhones and the like. I would love to ditch my Blackberry and just use my Pre for everything, but it's kind of hard to justify at the moment. This is mainly due to the lack of device encryption, which is our current policy for Blackberry devices.

Does anyone have any experience with Good for Enterprise? If so, I'd love to hear your experiences with it.

Thanks!
    I will only sat that I had it on a Motorola Q9 and it was horribly slow, it made me absolutely _HATE_ the Q9. If it did to the Pre what it did to my Q9, my Pre wouldn't be around long...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks rkcrawl. I hope that's not the case, but I'm afraid there's a good chance it will cause more slowdown.

Maybe Palm will come out with native device encryption before long.
    Global Posts
    496 Global Posts
    Any update on this issue? I haven't found any webOS offering from Good Enterprise yet. On the other hand, their iPhone looks quite mature and their Android solution is getting ready.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I haven't heard or seen anything. My guess is that this will be released as a hybrid SDK/PDK app which likely come with webOS 2.0.