Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I wouldn't mind palm having htc kick some phones out for them. or even samsung.
    Erm I thought HTC Made the Pre? As an OEM that puts them in an interesting spot, no?
    Im pretty sure foxconn manufactured the pre, the same company that makes the iphone. I could be wrong but im not sure. Also, I like the name (copasetic). I had a professor last quarter that used the word 50+ times per class. Every time he would explain something he would always say "is everybody copesetic with that?"
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Palms is not dead. It very well can be if it stops innovation but so far it proved to be very fast-paced in improving their OS and phone. Just look at that - android have not managed to get any decent games on it phones for 2 years! Palm did. Palm also updates the phone OS so we get the most cutting edge functionality out of it. Android will get flash after Palm. Palm re-launched their phones adressing the issues consumers had with them.

Palm is spinning fast. As long as it does not stop it will not die. The only things that it needs to become a best OS out there is GPUed UI, Fusion of PDK and javascript aps, litle improvemets on calendar etc. And new hardware. As long as Palm is quick to push those out it will not die

And it indeed smartened up since PalmOS times
    Palm has consistently been dissapointing by not having anything of significance at CES or MWC. The stock price clearly indicates that by dropping almost 4dollars in a month(30%), which is definitely significant. They need to do something to stabilize the bleeding, and I have seen nothing on the horizon at all. I can definitely tell you that it is not 1.4 or flash that is going to turn it around. Obviously the announcements of being released on Verizon and ATT has also done very little.
    It may have dropped a little, but it was much lower before the pre, and its still selling for more than Motorola. How many Droids did they sell? I thought that phone was a big success but that stock has been around the same value for a long time.

Everyone wants to see huge gains in short periods. Thats what caused the whole stockmarket bubble in the first place. Everyone is short selling instead of looking at the long term.

I don't think doing things on the fly is a way to make a great product. I would rather see Palm stay true to a vision than to bend to every whim of investors.
    1/3 of its price really isn't little especially in one month. I don't want to see huge gains, I want to see stability. They don't need to do anything on the fly, and they obviously do not do anything on the fly.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaxobscura View Post
    1/3 of its price really isn't little especially in one month. I don't want to see huge gains, I want to see stability.
    You r funny guy - how can you talk about a stability of stock of company that is in accelerated "rebirth"? It can not be stable by definition - analyst dont know what to expect for the next day/month. And if you say unstable = dead then well.. Pretty much all companies were born dead
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What i want to see is logical continuity of PALMs accelerated program - even more carriers, New hardware, merge of PDK and SDK, Implementation of GPU in UI. As long as it can provide all that in a timely manner it will live. And will become stable (alive? ) one day

If it doesnt keep up - it will sink though
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I don't think Verizon would have taken on the Pre Plus and Pixi if they felt there was no future. Why stick your customer with and obsolete phone from the start?
    Um. Precisely why Vzw only ordered 400,000. That's chump change in relation to what Vzw spends on other phone hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I have been hearing Palm is dead for the last 10 years...
    Exaggerate much? Treos were still selling MILLIONS of units per year until just a couple of years ago.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12