Page 1 of 233 1234561151101 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    "Adobe announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress here Monday that Flash Player 10, which is the full version of Flash that runs on PCs, will be available on smartphones running Windows Mobile, Google's Android, Nokia S60/Symbian, and the new Palm operating systems. Devices with Flash Player 10 are expected to hit the market starting in early 2010."

Flash 10 coming to most smartphones in 2010 | 3GSM blog - CNET Reviews

Link to Adobe's Press Release!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Nice find!!!
    Great news! I really hope that it doesn't take until 2010 to get it on the Pre though
    Palm would do good to come out and be the first device to have this first. I know its a shot in the dark, but they need this.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    And NO iPhone support!! hahahahahaha!!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    And NO iPhone support!! hahahahahaha!!!!
    lol, lol.... I didn't wana say anything about that, lol
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Awesome, that's great news for more intense games, as mentioned on the front page in the gaming article.
    So does this mean, a Slingbox owner could use the sling.com site to watch their Sling programming?
    For me that's the only major drawback of the Pre, no Slingplayer. The Sling.com player would be a decent sub until Sling does a Web OS player.
    "A full-fledged version of the Adobe Flash player is coming soon to a whole slew of smartphones. Unfortunately, Apple's iPhone isn't one of them."
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    So does this mean, a Slingbox owner could use the sling.com site to watch their Sling programming?
    For me that's the only major drawback of the Pre, no Slingplayer. The Sling.com player would be a decent sub until Sling does a Web OS player.
    Unfortunately, the viewer on sling.com requires a browser specific, OS specific plugin.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Or are they only saying that because Adobe's making a special version for the iphone.

But still great news. I love hulu.com. I was on a road trip when the first of the last battlestar galactica episodes came out, and the house I was staying at didn't have internet.

Woo hoo!
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    outstanding...
    Holy CRAP! Nice find!! Hooray! Now I can watch HULU.COM
    Palm joins Adobe's Open Screen Project, Pre to support Flash.

Palm joins Adobe's Open Screen Project, Pre to support Flash - Engadget Mobile
    Twitter/AlanCayce
    Thanks but there is already a thread about this.
    Very nice... so talks with Apple were never finalized?

o_O
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Hmm...interesting how they do specifically mention the Pre in it. It doesn't state anywhere the Pre will launch with it, if it did, that would be totally awesome.

Over on phonescoop.com they write a little more specifically about the Pre, but I think that's just the interpretation by the guy who wrote it.

"Today Palm announced that it is joining Adobe's Open Screen Project. The OPS's goal is to deliver Adobe's Flash Player for smartphones to the Palm webOS platform. That means the Pre, announced at CES in January, will be able to support Flash when it is launched. The Flash Player for smartphones will be available to handset manufacturers by the end of 2009."
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 02/16/2009 at 03:42 AM.
    I didn't see the Pre mentioned in either of the first two articles only WEB OS. Is it possible that flash support might not be available on the Pre but on future Web OS smartphones. Just playing devil's advocate. Would be great if the Pre launched with full flash support.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Well...the cat is out of the bag. As the article on precentral states, the Pre will not have Flash at launch (which I figured since they just joined Adobe), but it will be released to Palm by the end of the year. Question is, how long will it take before Palm gives it to Sprint, and Sprint gives it to us?

Well, I guess it's kind of like my "relationship" with my Sprint Touch, at first it had no GPS and Rev. A, but it was all added later on together with WinMo 6.1, so after the initial thrill of having a new phone wore off, Sprint gave me an update with lots of new functionality. Since the Pre is brand new in every way, I think the phone will stay "new" in our minds just because we'll keep getting more toys to put on it, and more funtionality that will be unlocked through rom updates.
Page 1 of 233 1234561151101 ... LastLast