Page 99 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4649
    Probably a crazy idea, but Barry swapping the GSM boards gave me the idea. What about getting a Sprint Pre with a busted screen or something, then swap the modem boards after activating?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Why would you go through all the trouble? If you have a Sprint Pre, I believe you should be able to take its ESN, and use QPST to write that to the Verizon Pre Plus. As long as the ESN is clean in Sprint's system, that should be good. You'd also need both phones' MSLs.

I think it'd probably require a few more steps in there that I'm overlooking (maybe modifying data settings, or flashing the Sprint PRL), but you shouldn't need to switch the phone radio boards.
    BGR just put up a report that the ROM for the HTC Desire was leaked, tweaked, and installed on a Nexus One. It includes Flash 10.1. Granted, that is Android, not WebOS, and it is an alpha release of the ROM, but it's a pretty good indicator that it'll be here soon. Flash has definitely made it out of Adobe's hands and into the OS makers toolkits.

Any bets on timeframe? Won't be with the 1.4 update, unless they delay the heck out of it, but maybe the next patch.
    how can you speculate that it won't be in 1.4?
    I'll bet it's Flash Lite and not 10.1.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Just basing timeframe on what we know. If the Android version is still alpha, WebOS is probably right at the same point. Given some time testing, going to beta/RC stage, all that......1.4 is supposed to hit in eight days, unless it gets delayed. I doubt they're much ahead of the Android guys.

Might be Flash Lite, but from what I know, that's made for low-powered phones. What was spotted in the ROM leaked was specifically Flash 10.1, not Flash Lite.
    I don't think the development of flash for android and for webos are related.

The "Alpha" for webos could be argured to have been seen in december. The truth is we dont know if Adobe is looking at a multiple platform release. If it is and the rumors of needing android 2.1 to function could mean adobe is waiting on android to update more devices before launching it on webos. I hope thats not the case. I hope its in palms hands, and once 1.4 hits we can dl the app from the catalog.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Yeah, it's just speculation. I do know the developer release went out a little while ago, WebOS was on that list, and there is a specific link to get an email notification for the beta release for WebOS on Adobe's site. It does exist. Based on that, I know Flash is in Palm's hands. Just a matter of when we get it, is all. I doubt Palm will lag too far behind the competition.
    I think if you do some surfing on the web it's pretty clear Android will get flash first and it's going to be coming as an app, not as part of the update. I'm just glad we're getting it.
    why does everyone say android is getting it first ive never seen anywhere it said android before webos
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    why does everyone say android is getting it first ive never seen anywhere it said android before webos
    Well, given the news posts today, Android already has a working version. Nobody knows anything about other platforms yet. That's a pretty darn good indicator Android phones will have it first. As to whether its an app, if the BGR article is correct (and they generally are) Flash is part of the ROM, not a standalone downloadable installer. Other reports from a couple of weeks back may be outdated as of about six hours ago.

We'll know when we know. Point is, it is coming, this is just a good indication that its farther along than the majority was thinking. And not far along enough for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Well, given the news posts today, Android already has a working version. Nobody knows anything about other platforms yet. That's a pretty darn good indicator Android phones will have it first. As to whether its an app, if the BGR article is correct (and they generally are) Flash is part of the ROM, not a standalone downloadable installer. Other reports from a couple of weeks back may be outdated as of about six hours ago.

We'll know when we know. Point is, it is coming, this is just a good indication that its farther along than the majority was thinking. And not far along enough for some.
    from what ive heard bgr made a mistake its only flash lite not flahs 10.1
    Could be. They've made mistakes before. Not often, but it does happen.

You can sign up for the beta release here...

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Link is at the bottom of the first paragraph. Just conjecture, but seeing as 10.1 is the listed version for WebOS, I kinda have doubts that Android would be running Flash Lite, given that its technically a more powerful OS than WebOS.
    Last edited by fussnfeathers; 02/20/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    Did anyone see this article that just went up on Everything Pre? If not here is the recap and by the way looks as if someone is finally commenting on how February should not have been announced ...

Adobe Demos Flash on Palm Pre at MWC
    February 16th, 2010 by Christopher Meinck

Adobe is using Mobile World Congress to showcase Flash on a variety of mobile platforms, most notably the Palm Pre. We are anticipating the release of webOS 1.4, which will support Flash, but will require a plug-in that will be available for download from the App Catalog. It’s unclear when the required Flash plug-in will be available once Palm webOS 1.4 hits. So, how does Flash perform on the Palm Pre? What can you expect? Sashca Segan of PC Magazine writes,

“The implementation runs both video and games, and once the video or game is running, it runs smoothly - but getting there felt sluggish. The Palm presenter blamed it on a very slow Internet connection. But Flash on the Nexus One definitely loaded more quickly and felt snappier.”

Segan goes on to write that we could be “potentially several months from this Flash implementation going live”. Perhaps our thinking that we’d see Flash on the Palm Pre in February was off base. Stay tuned.
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I believe this was posted already, I don't really agree that the Nexus One being snapper meant that flash on the Pre would be a ways away, I still see flash beta just around the corner.
    wooow, another dream shatter for me
    The whole Flash when and were is getting old. As of the last few days I have moved on and could careless when and if it is ever released. I am growing tired of the date being moved and speculated.

Reminds me of a neighbor that borrowed money and told me again and again he would pay me next week. Eventually I told him to keep it and leave me alone. Kind of the same with Adobe. Just the way I am right or wrong.
    Folks, there's a difference between "going live" and "going beta." All along, it's been said that the beta would be available for download in the App Catalog. Nobody has ever said that mobile Flash was even close to "going live," and indeed I'd expect the beta to last at least six months (if not longer).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    now I'm ****ed!!!!
    It is on the Sprint phone and not on the Verizon. There will be software code looking for it to function. It might work, it might not. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    what does the white button on the face have to do with anything??
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."