Page 98 of 233 FirstFirst ... 48 8893949596979899100101102103 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 4649
    Open up the GPU to everyday routines. That's what I'd be waiting for in the new updates (>1.4).

Also, radio & battery tweaks. After that, they can mess with visual voice mail and all that other stuff that I really don't use nor have I ever with other phones (I really don't get voicemails anymore, texts have overcome voicemails by far in my case).

Open up access to various parts of the phone that are still not accessible via SDK (mic for instance, I want a Kazaam app).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Open up the GPU to everyday routines. That's what I'd be waiting for in the new updates (>1.4).

Also, radio & battery tweaks. After that, they can mess with visual voice mail and all that other stuff that I really don't use nor have I ever with other phones (I really don't get voicemails anymore, texts have overcome voicemails by far in my case).

Open up access to various parts of the phone that are still not accessible via SDK (mic for instance, I want a Kazaam app).
    +1
    I have a relatively set timeframe on upgrades. Phones, I'll keep an eye on what's developing. If I'm really not liking what I have currently, I'll swap to something new. Generally, though, I wait a couple of years.
    4G phone with the abaility to get HDTV. They both are around the corner.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    4G phone with the abaility to get HDTV. They both are around the corner.
    I was thinking the same thing. 4G phones are thought to be in the last quarter of this year. If that comes true then in the first and second quarter of 2011 a large portion of us here may be taking about the tips, tricks and patches we are doing with our new Palm 4g. That will lend to this same topic again. It will never end. I only hope the next time Palm has full USB with FULL computer backup and 2-way communication. As far as an SD slot. We will not need it if we can use a memory stick.
    I'd be willing to bet a memory stick won't be needed. They doubled the memory on the Pre Plus, I don't see why the next generation of Pre isn't 32 gigs to better compete with the iPhone. Not like flash memory costs all that much.
    Newgrounds, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    why does everyone on here want to watch p**n? geezzz get a hobby lol
    I thought that WAS a hobby.
    i would like to see some wigdets on the background ....................... well maybe not i geuss we need battery improvements first, then maybe some widgets
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    PRON!!!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Is this even possible? If it is, I might consider this. I want the added RAM and storage.
    no, it's not for all intents an purposes.

here is more info

pre plus on sprint precentral - Google Search
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Didn't help =\
    Most likely it wouldn't because of the hardware differences, like Sprint having the white button on its face. Also the ESN of the phone would keep Sprint from activating it. Flashing it won't change that data at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Is this even possible? If it is, I might consider this. I want the added RAM and storage.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  15. CoobeyMeyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Most likely it wouldn't because of the hardware differences, like Sprint having the white button on its face. Also the ESN of the phone would keep Sprint from activating it. Flashing it won't change that data at all.

What are you talking about? I've succesfully flashed my Pre Plus to work on Sprint and I got leaked the 1.4 update as well. Works great 0.o
    what does the white button on the face have to do with anything??
    If you can get Sprint to acivate the Pre Plus ESN then you're good to go. The problem is that there is a 99% chance they won't.
    sprint will activate anything that will work on their towers, if they dont have an equipment clause then they arent tryin to recoup a device subsidity. ive put a buncha vz phones on sprint and vice versa when i worked at the shack, just gotta get a rep who knows what they are doin just need a sprint esn 3g to flash to it. (havent done the pre though, last phone i did was a 700p)
    Palm prē-ist.
    It's possible to do on your own, however hard and in some cases expensive to get the software to do it. Also as far as I know Sprint will not willingly activate any phone without the Sprint logo on it, so chances are I wouldn't try risking it either doing it yourself or getting Sprint to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I'd like to see where they promised it. Sometimes release dates get pushed back for one reason or another. Sometimes things are just not ready. Last I heard was first half of 2010.
    Well... I never said "they" "promised" anything.

I said:

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    The first rumor I'd heard actually said that we'd have Flash BY November '09. Supposedly Palm had promised Flash by November. This was mentioned within a month of the launch date.

It was indeed one of the main selling points that stuck in my mind when I was ready to pick between webOS and Android... along with quite a few other things, but it was there in the back of my mind.
    So yes, Flash is truly not even a bother to me. But I know that it's a big deal to a lot of other people. And it's those few rare moments that a non-YouTube Flash video pops up outta nowhere and I'd just LOVE to play it. Not a big deal, but it was a huge decision in my mind when purchasing the phone. "Oh, well... WebOS is definitely getting Flash before Android & for sure iPhone... so this is a no brainer for me!" It was just a huge plus on top of many other pluses, but "The Flash Promise" was a great marketing trick.

Look at how early this "promise" was mentioned, even if Palm never did make this promise, which I'm almost certain somebody at Palm _did_ do...

- http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-flash-still-track
    - Palm Pre to Receive Flash Support in 2009 - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    - Palm Pre to get in-browser Flash, GSM version | Electronista
    - Side by Side: Palm Pre vs. iPhone 3G | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    - Adobe Promises Flash for Palm webOS by year's end

Basically... I remember hearing that "Palm promises Flash by October"... then I buy the phone and "Beta Flash is gonna be released in Oct/Nov to devs" [which still hasn't happened, because I signed up to be notified like everybody else! ]... then it's "Beta by the end of the year, final version in EARLY '06". Then it's just "First half of '06".

This is why Apple is the best, because there's no guessing. They just do it and THEN talk about it. They under-promise and over-deliver. It's all about expectations. Palm fails to realize the relativity of such expectations. They created these themselves.

They could've taken an Apple move and said that Flash is not coming anytime soon... but then again, I would have been that much more hesitant to purchase the phone. So they probly made the best decision with this "rumored promise"... but...

IT'S JUST DISAPPOINTING BEING LIED TO AND DECEIVED.

Again... not a huge deal to me... but I'm tired of Palm talking out their arshe.