Page 97 of 233 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4649
    Having flash is going to be awesome, but I'm afraid of all these great video sites were talking about are going to be very sputtury. For example, watch the 1.4 video on the home page. It seems pretty slow. I think any flash games that require speed will be unplayable. Are there videos to prove otherwise; I hope so
    pr0n. tube8 and extremetube, mostly.
    why does everyone on here want to watch p**n? geezzz get a hobby lol
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Facebook, Hulu,palmcast,ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,Newwsweek,various game and video pages
    newgrounds
    Homestarrunner..... but, has anyone noticed that the brothers Chaps havenīt added anything in like 2 months? Maybe they're Pre owners now and are holding out to be able to see their work Mo-bile?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    And then there's steve.....Flash is a resource hog, Flash is a security risk! HTML5 FTMFW!....but...but Steve, aren't you going to try to sell the maxi pad...uh...I mean ipad now and not in a few years when, supposedly, the industry will abandon the millions invested in flash to go with HTML5?

I respect the man, I really do, but he really thinks he and his icrap is better than everything else.
    He saw the tree but not the forest
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I heard that very same story in november,,lol yr a day late and a dollar short,,it will be here in feb,, feb is indeed the first half of the year. The video showing it work on the pre on utube is very cool.
    The first rumor I'd heard actually said that we'd have Flash BY November '09. Supposedly Palm had promised Flash by November. This was mentioned within a month of the launch date.

It was indeed one of the main selling points that stuck in my mind when I was ready to pick between webOS and Android... along with quite a few other things, but it was there in the back of my mind.

Who knows what's happening, but it seems like Palm really likes surprises. I mean, they like to keep patches as quiet as possible, giving very vague timelines which only seem to cause people to freak out when a rumored date passes. They also attempted to surprise everyone with 3D games, if it wasn't for that one guy who posted Need for Speed, then the internals guys digging around the code, it would've been a surprise for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if Palm simply plans to release Flash the day of the patch, or soon after. But honestly, adobe seems to be a very slow company as it is so it's totally possible they have yet to make any real headway into making it completely playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    He saw the tree but not the forest
    Isn't it "can't see the forest because of the trees"?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    The iPad will do well, but not as well as it could with flash support. My opinion here, but if this decision on their part to leave it out is personal, its going to be seen eventually as somewhat of a silly one that might have been better off decided on BUSINESS decisions.

HTML5 may take over, but its not going to be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    The first rumor I'd heard actually said that we'd have Flash BY November '09. Supposedly Palm had promised Flash by November. This was mentioned within a month of the launch date.

It was indeed one of the main selling points that stuck in my mind when I was ready to pick between webOS and Android... along with quite a few other things, but it was there in the back of my mind.

I'd like to see where they promised it. Sometimes release dates get pushed back for one reason or another. Sometimes things are just not ready. Last I heard was first half of 2010.
    when you sell millions of iphones per quarter with no signs of slowing down (lack of flash hasnt stopped its popularity) and you are coming out with new product like the ipad... you can make things happen faster. iphone has only been out a few years and look at the landscape as far as smartphones... appstore has been here less time and look at it's effect.

rumor is that hulu is coming out with something by the time ipad launches... html5 support? if so that would be a game changer. google chrome has html5 support and already youtube has beta showing limited videos in html5...

big big names there... it's a start. believe me... adobe is worried.

personally i would like flash on my iphone... but i am not a big fan of adobe either and thats before the iphone days... always sneaking in crap with their adobe reader and other sw that is a pain to keep from running in back ground. i wouldnt mind if everyone did go html5 and they have been taking forever to standardize and guess this could be the catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    The iPad will do well, but not as well as it could with flash support. My opinion here, but if this decision on their part to leave it out is personal, its going to be seen eventually as somewhat of a silly one that might have been better off decided on BUSINESS decisions.

HTML5 may take over, but its not going to be soon.
    Ive only been a pre owner for about 2 mths now, but reading all the this about flash makes me wonder something - this is my second pre, the first was bought on 12.26 and exchanged on 1.25.
    On the first pre, I could go to one site ( only one I went to that had movies ) and they would play / stream, no flash errors, etc.
    On the second one, I get the errors saying down load flash and then its coming in 2010..... so can any one tell me what this is about ? Have I missed something ? Ive been to the site today, and its still giving missing flash errors ( or out dated java ) web os is up to date as well.
    Can't wait to get rhapsody.com working...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Homestarrunner..... but, has anyone noticed that the brothers Chaps havenīt added anything in like 2 months? Maybe they're Pre owners now and are holding out to be able to see their work Mo-bile?

If you subscribe to their feed they said one of the bros had a baby, so they're taking a break.
    Flash movies and games have never been up and running on WebOS. I'm not sure what you think you saw on your first phone but I can promise you it was not a flash file. I'm wondering when OS 1.4 will be availble to users. The rumors were that the carriers got the update on monday. When do we get all these new features?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Just curious if anyone thinks if all goes well with both when they are finally up and running if that will be it for you in terms of upgrades (new phone) for awhile...

What else could possibly come out that would really be as useful and multitask friendly as the Pre? For me it's a hard toss up as it's great to finally have an amazing phone with all the bells and whistles (which actually work the way they are suppose to) but at the same time I won't have anything to look forward to for awhile (from Sprint anyway)
    put webos on a nexus one hardware. Bump it's camera up and add sd ccard slot. Then keep updating software.
    this is true it would be amazing to have a really over the top camera full of features but that's wishful thinking, the sd mem is so so for me as I never use it all anyway ...

maybe a pico projector or something lol