Page 92 of 233 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 4649
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    it would be too cool if i can find out how to get it to work
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1blue View Post
    Hay everyone this might sound like a dumb question but I just have to ask it, dose any one know if you can get the palm pre plus flashed to work on the sprint network? The reason I am asking this question is because I know a few people who actually got a sprint and a version phone to work with other CDMA carriers like metro pcs and I know if you have a palm profile it may be possible to get this to work if you are a sprint customer and you want a pre plus but don’t want to leave sprint what do you think people?
    There are many threads on this already...all of which point you to HowardForums. You should really search these items before posting. Nonetheless, head on over to howardforums for your research.
    no you cant the one on verizon worked because they allow other esn's on their network sprint does not so the answer is no
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    It wouldnt surprise me to find WebOS Luna using SDL (aka GPU functions) soon. Dont think that is should be too hard for them to manage a port from their DirectFB code.

Why? Palm most likely has a team devoted to Luna (WebOS UI) and you have to ponder on what they are doing now, as most of the user interface is stable.
    I don't think they have the same sized team on Luna that they did before and shortly after the phone was released. A lot of times in the software industry the mantra "Don't touch it if it is not broken" comes in and rules software improvements. Right now the UI is stable and mostly very responsive so why would they spend the time porting it to something else when most of the users are more worried about synergy and other things (flash, messaging, email, etc.)

I'm not saying they do not have a team dedicated to Luna, I'm just saying it is probably not their #1 priority in in allocating resources (in this case software engineers and artists).
    So, the pixi is out of luck on adobe flash, right? Maybe not. The Moto Devour, which uses the same chipset as Pixi is getting Flash Lite, so my only question is: Why not Pixi as well? I'd rather have Flash Lite than no Flash at all.

Engadget: Moto Devour - Flash Lite
    Last edited by kirk0625; 02/15/2010 at 02:31 PM.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)

I like how it looks on the Nexus one, they mention Palm Webos also. Double Tap for full Screen Flash videos.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    As I was browsing Precentral with my Pre, I saw a youtube video preview that was quite interesting. before there used to be a Play button that i clicked to open up the Youtube app, but now there is a crossed out play button that doesn't do anything when i click on it. i just double tapped it for fun and it zoomed in to that preview spot. i saw on a youtube video for flash on a pre and it showed the double tapping on a flash item on a 10.1 enabled phone will allow for full screen. 1.4 with flash isn't even out yet and I could do the double tap feature.

here's the youtube link:

It seemed interesting to me...
    "Youtube could not find that video."
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Pretty good find.
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    As I was browsing Precentral with my Pre, I saw a youtube video preview that was quite interesting. before there used to be a Play button that i clicked to open up the Youtube app, but now there is a crossed out play button that doesn't do anything when i click on it. i just double tapped it for fun and it zoomed in to that preview spot. i saw on a youtube video for flash on a pre and it showed the double tapping on a flash item on a 10.1 enabled phone will allow for full screen. 1.4 with flash isn't even out yet and I could do the double tap feature.

here's the youtube link:

It seemed interesting to me...
    Probably because it is linked to the browsers; after it focuses is where flash takes over. We know palm has prepared the browser to some extent since 1.3, so while this is interesting it doesn't come as a surprise to me.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    yup the ground work is there if you single tap on a flash video it will zoom in / center and if you double tap the video will go full screen.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    sounds like there are pre's running flash for people to use in that video. where's our hands on Dieter!
    Just came accross this story at arstechnica.com

"Adobe plans to roll out Flash 10.1 on Android in the first half of this year, and may possibly be available on webOS shortly thereafter."
    it's already been confirmed flash coming to webos in february

http://www.precentral.net/flash-webo...irmed-february
    Can't see it happening, doesn't sound like Adobe are rushing to do anything at the moment.
    First half of this year includes February... so it is possible it will still come out in February... But then again, maybe not. Time will tell. Besides, the article features Adobe Air as the main talking point and it was the first time Air has been mentioned.. Also stated was that it would be available sometime this year. We've known about Flash for quite some time now... So I'm saying that Flash should be much closer to release than Air... Hence... maybe in February :P
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Adobe already pushed flash on android back to 2nd half of this year but haven't for webos. The writer is wrong about flash on android and just guessed about the webos release.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Listening to XM Radio on my cellphone
    MWC: Adobe Flash Runs on Palm Pre, Too - Gearlog

Discusses Flash being demo'ed on the Nexus One and Droid.. and the Pre. Says Pre implementation is rather sluggish compared to the others, but once loaded runs well.

Here's the weird/uninformed part...

We're still potentially several months from this Flash implementation going live, but at least they're coming along.
    This article from today says we're possibly several months away from Flash? Yet elsewhere it has been confirmed for February.

I hate all this confusing/misinformed reporting/doublespeak crap on the internet. Wouldn't it be nice for someone to say, "Ok. It's done. It's going to be released on [XXXX DATE]."

Ah the tangled interweb and the webs it weaves...