Page 9 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    sorry. I'm just disgruntled at how bad the Pre is (from a PIM and business standpoint). So I'm on a rant roll

And I know the difference between a line out and headphone out. But it's a phone. you're not getting a line out and that feature, even if it had a shot at getting implemented would be so far down on the list of importance that you'd be 3 generations into a new phone before it became a reality. And people amp the Sansa Clip & Fuze along with the Cowon D2 among others. But I guess all those geeks at Head-Fi are idiots and you're the smart one. Use an efficient pair of canal buds, find a volume level where the sound is decent and then amp it. To expect audio perfection with an amp on a phone just seems a bit far fetched.
    I'm a head-fi member...
    its been awhile since i used any non ipod media player. but the clip and fuze and d2 have amazing amps, so you are not really amping a crap output. i don't expect audio perfection not even close, i just wanted to know if there was a way of bypassing the amplifier, so that i could get audio perfection. i think what i meant to get at originally was if the pinout for the palm pre micro usb, outputed any audio data? probably not, highly likely not, but whatever. btw i am using triple-fi 10, as efficient as i can come up with.
    I know people have created dongles for players before. For as new as the Pre is, I highly doubt someone is going to play with the pinout on the microUSB to do a line out dongle. Would seem like an extremely limited market for that sort of thing unfortunately. Just go to a few metal concerts and hang out by the main speakers. You won't be able to hear the difference between good and mediocre for quite a while
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I know people have created dongles for players before. For as new as the Pre is, I highly doubt someone is going to play with the pinout on the microUSB to do a line out dongle. Would seem like an extremely limited market for that sort of thing unfortunately. Just go to a few metal concerts and hang out by the main speakers. You won't be able to hear the difference between good and mediocre for quite a while
    hahaha truth
    Palm can go the Ubuntu route - I use gnash and gstreamer plugins on my Ubuntu and they play all flash videos wonderfully. It is open source and community developed software.
    Guess how many phones have flash?

And skyfire doesn't count.
    hey guys i know this week has been crazy... but this weekend i'm going to start playing around with root this weekend... since i've been busy busy with work haven't been able to dig around yet but this weekend i will have plenty of time!

Anyone Else start to look into flash?, if it can happen?
    Last edited by antonio3; 06/12/2009 at 07:18 AM.
    YES, Flash on the Pre would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    hey guys i know this week has been crazy... but this weekend i'm going to start playing around with root this weekend... since i've been busy busy with work haven't been able to dig around yet but this weekend i will have plenty of time!

Anyone Else start to look into flash?, if it can happen?
    I read somewhere that the Pre is going to have full desktop flash capabilities... so i'm sure it is possible... for some of us to figure it out (i.e. not me)
    I think the current desktop version of Flash support would be a little too much for the Pre. Which is why Palm is working with Adobe to try and scale it down. I'd imagine Flash Lite would be entirely possible though.
    ya.. that makes sense... i'm not to educated on this stuff... but here's a decent link:

engadget.com/2009/02/16/palm-joins-adobes-open-screen-project-pre-to-support-flash/
    more info:
    Palm

Palm, Inc. is a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enable people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses include PalmŪ Treo™, Pre™ and Centro™ phones, as well as software, services and accessories.

"Flash Player 10 will be the perfect extension to Palm webOS," said Pam Deziel, vice president, software product management, Palm, Inc. "With this next-generation platform, people expect the same engaging experiences on their phone that they’re used to on their desktops. Together Palm and Adobe are dramatically changing the mobile web, providing the richest experience on the most web-connected platform available."

Taken from this site: openscreenproject.org/partners/current_partners.html
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah..until Adobe releases flash compiled for the processor that's in the Pre, no one is going to make any headway on it.
    .......it makes me giddy just thinking about it..lol

Seriously..when I am able to have my Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Statracker running on a card because of Flash I may never put my phone down....lol
    yes you will!! on the touchstone!! lol
    Let's just hope Sling doesn't screw us like they did Nokia E71 users. Check the forums...Nokia owners have pitchforks they are so mad (I was one of them ... then I got a Hava).

Slingplayer would be great. I'm certain they are working on it.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I am soooo waiting on Slingobx. It is the one thing I miss from my Treo 755p. It was actually almost a dealbreaker for me getting the Pre, but I went ahead and bit the bullet anyway, but how how I miss my Sling. Sprint TV sucks and I am even paying for Premier (9.99/month). It STILL sucks!
    I too am a true advocate for Sling! I'm addicted to watching my News/Politics at work in a live stream. It was also a deal maker when I was purchasing my Pre. I bought it with a leap of faith (that Sling App would be "at or near launch")...I beg that SlingMedia/Palm doesn't disappoint us. it would be a national tragedy.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this will help or not, but if you haven't signed up for sling's beta program, you probably should and add your pre as a platform device.

Maybe the more pre's that they see in the beta site, the more interest they may have making a version.

beta.slingmedia.com
    Just registered on my beta.slingmedia.com account.

BTW, they have Palm Pre listed on the dropdown menu as a phone...so they do recognize it...and are surely working on a beta as we speak...right?
    anyone else have this issue? I browse to many sites that have flash movies that would play on my desktop but the pre says "you need to upgrade your flash player" - so then I go to the link and it asks me to select the OS which is not an option.

What do I do? I would like to watch these movies and read that the pre supports flash 10 - so what is the deal??