Page 88 of 233 FirstFirst ... 38 788384858687888990919293 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4649
    We will just need a patch that reports our browsers as the full Safari or Firefox. It would have to be a toggle, though.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    justin.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I just want the real internet on my phone. That is a basic request the iPhone lovers will be still asking while im enjoying flash. Hopefully Flash is embeded with a option to pull out a video feed. Like I said, I want the real internet.
    Flash would have to be fully integrated into the browser for me. It wouldnt be a big deal if I had to play a video in a flash player app. But when you have a full website built in Flash, I would think it would be rather unsatisfying to have it lauch in a Flash player...especially if it had multiple Flash items.
    I agree hulu will probably be blocked right away like it did with skyfire. But there are other options like surfthechannel.com that has all those features and a bigger selection. I'm looking forward to that site the most
    My own site!
    As far as I understood, WebOS was going to be the first mobile platform to get Flash 10.1. I also don't think the Android issues have anything to do with Flash and WebOS. At CES they said Flash would be available "soon" but it was not said to be part of 1.4. Further info has made it seem that 1.4 will be essential for Flash but it's all speculation.
    I will surprised if flash comes to Pixi as well, but why not.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    xhamster for when im in my bed and cant be arsed to go back o nthe comp
    xm radio
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thought about this today as I was playing a new game last night that was pretty fun over on Armorgames... it uses the mouse and a click to beam people up and the WASD or arrows to move. Ideally there would be a port over of a control widget for touchscreen phones, a la the control scheme used for Hero of Sparta. But until then it'd probably be the keys on the Pre keyboard, which would be totally weird as the orientation would be all wrong.

Initially I agree the flash gaming aspect will be limited to mouse only games.
    rocbattle.com and soundclick.com

This will help me in my music production...a lot!
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-gami...-secret-weapon

I love the bottom paragraph....

[QUOTE]That speaks volumes of Palm's strategy with flash support. I wouldn't be surprise if Flash Mobile is released for the WebOS right on time, in Q4 2009, if not slightly earlier./QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Hulu, animefreak, PalmCast Live, CNET TV, Gametrailers, just....soo..much fun.
    +1
    crunchyroll netflix and many more.
    nhl.com and newyorkrangers.com
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    As the title says whats the sites you are most looking forward to using with the addition of flash?
    yuvutu.com
    Damn dude, I didn't know what TNA Flix was so I searched it on google and found out. I'm on a computer at my high school. Hope I don't get in trouble!
    While I can't say the level of accuracy this statement carries (i.e. 100% correct or 75% correct), isn't it also true that generally Adobe has been lazy and their Mac software is often ports of their Windows software so it is not optimized properly? So while it may be the case of Apple being control freaks Adobe has also been lazy about their Mac software. I do remember the days where the older versions of Photoshop used to be quite speedy on low end as well as mid-range Apple hardware. Sadly, those days are gone...

and this is not meant in any way to be confrontational with you or any other forum member before anyone assumes so..

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    If you read some expert blogs and investigate more you'll realize that the Apple-Adobe thing is actually an Apple problem. Apple is known to be a control freak and they don't provide API's for low level access that flash needs to become an optimized (hardware-accelerated) browser plugin. This problem exists on both Mac OS as well as iPhone's OS.
    For all you interested in the Pron sites, youpron.com works right now!! (Of course switch the r where the o is and the o where the r is.)
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The only issue with Flash, now, is whether or not it is as buggy and resource-intensive as Steve Jobs says it is. That means that Adobe isn't going to want to put something out there that doesn't perform flawlessly on any mobile platform. The last thing they need is for Droid or Pre users saying that it's crashing because everyone will be paying attention. Whether justified or not, the criticism is that Adobe releases Flash even though it causes crashes and they don't bother fixing the bugs. In order to counter this they are hedging on the Droid and they will probably hedge on the Pre. That means that everything is probably on hold while Flash fights for its existence on the web.

Whereas they might have been willing to release some kind of beta for mobile in the past, the iPad announcement changed everything. So, I guess you can blame Steve Jobs if you don't see Flash for the Pre anytime soon.
    Realizing that Flash is still in beta, if you have seen the demo videos of Flash running on the Nexus One (faster 1ghz processor vs Pre), you will see that the experience can be laggy. The Pre Flash demos videos that Adobe released were careful to display selective content that wasn't very taxing on the processor.

We all need to set our expectation correctly. Flash is processor intensive, relatively speaking. We should not expect to have a desktop experience on the Pre, but I'm sure Adobe would not have ventured into this project if they didn't think it was a usable implementation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Realizing that Flash is still in beta, if you have seen the demo videos of Flash running on the Nexus One (faster 1ghz processor vs Pre), you will see that the experience can be laggy. The Pre Flash demos videos that Adobe released were careful to display selective content that wasn't very taxing on the processor.

We all need to set our expectation correctly. Flash is processor intensive, relatively speaking. We should not expect to have a desktop experience on the Pre, but I'm sure Adobe would not have ventured into this project if they didn't think it was a usable implementation.
    I'm not looking forward to flash whatsoever. It's going to be a letdown to 90% of the people that frequent this forum

Say what you want about Apple. Flash is way to intensive for the mobile devices.

Hell, Mobile Firefox has come to the same conclusion :

"On most Web pages that use the Adobe Flash plugin, the performance of the plugin didn't meet our standards, and the interactivity and performance of the entire Web page was negatively impacted. This was especially felt on pages with multiple instances of the plugin. "

Mobile FAQ