Page 85 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Actually WebOS has had the groundwork for quite some time. Not sure what Android has been doing but WebOS has already demo'd flash on the Pre. Doubt it will be delayed for WebOS.
    The same demo was actually shown on Android as well, so that bears no weight.

And also, apparently those that have had early access to 1.4 (developers in the early access program) have said that it didn't have flash; they inquired about it and simply got a response stating that they were still waiting on Adobe.

Palm never said flash would be released with 1.4, it would be a separate download. I think 1.4 was needed for flash, so now the wait is on Adobe.
    Last edited by barkerja; 02/11/2010 at 01:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Wasn't the original story from CES that flash would be released as a beta prior to 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What's sad is Adobe is trying to play this off on Android/Google when in facts it's more than likely flash that's not ready. I'm really sick and tired of Adobe always pointing fingers at others. One members comment on Androidcentral really sums it up for me:

"It's kind've pathetic that Adobe keeps blaming companies around them for their own shortcomings when it comes to delivering a bug free version of flash. Flash sucks on Mac OS X? Oh well that's Apple's fault! Apple says Flash is to buggy for the iPhone? Oh well that is also Apple's fault. Android isn't ready for flash and we're probably missing our release date an entire quarter or more? Oh that's probably Google's fault but who knows it could be Apple's as well."
    If you read some expert blogs and investigate more you'll realize that the Apple-Adobe thing is actually an Apple problem. Apple is known to be a control freak and they don't provide API's for low level access that flash needs to become an optimized (hardware-accelerated) browser plugin. This problem exists on both Mac OS as well as iPhone's OS.
    Well if we get it on the 15th, thats something we can rub in all of our apple and android buddys' faces.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Stop being such a Debbie Downer
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    where did you here that flash was supposed to drop on android and pre at the same time? Flash was demo'd on pre first in october, months before it was demo on android and again on the pre in jan.
    While WebOS and Android both are Linux based, both handle software very differently. Problems on such a fractured structure like Android should not be equated with WebOS.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I can understand it is significant, but does anyone find themselves surfing a lot of sites that use flash. I think with my usage I've only been to one or two since June. I know I'm only speaking for myself and I may be missing something, but I just don't see it causes so much fanfare. Why do you all find flash important.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I can understand it is significant, but does anyone find themselves surfing a lot of sites that use flash. I think with my usage I've only been to one or two since June. I know I'm only speaking for myself and I may be missing something, but I just don't see it causes so much fanfare. Why do you all find flash important.
    I browse blog sites that often have embedded videos that I would love to be able to view on my phone, add in Hulu, and Flash Games (and probably for some p0rn) and I can see the reason for the fan fare.
    yeah i would all the time if that was an option. any video is in flash. right now we can't watch them unless they are youtube links.
    a lot of people want hulu
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    My question may be a little too subjective, as I rarely find myself without an actual computer in front of me, so looking at the comments I can see how someone who is truly mobile would benefit.
    Usually web os is the step-child of these announcements. So I tend to believe that if mighty android is not getting it then neither is web os. I think we at least deserved a mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Wasn't the original story from CES that flash would be released as a beta prior to 1.4?
    that was my understanding when I was listening to CES but people keep saying they never said that but I heard it, but no reason to argue with everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    that was my understanding when I was listening to CES but people keep saying they never said that but I heard it, but no reason to argue with everyone.
    I just watched the entire video yesterday (digging for the video editing clip) and all I recall them saying was a flash beta would be available "soon" I'd say they implied that it would be available before 1.4 but it was just vague enough to leave the window open.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    everyone keeps saying hulu when they talk about flash, but isnt hulu restricted from all phones?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I just watched the entire video yesterday (digging for the video editing clip) and all I recall them saying was a flash beta would be available "soon" I'd say they implied that it would be available before 1.4 but it was just vague enough to leave the window open.
    I never took it like that... I took it as a beta version will be released when 1.4 is released. It would make no sense for a beta to be out before 1.4 since 1.4 brings the ability for Flash to actually work on the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    I never took it like that... I took it as a beta version will be released when 1.4 is released. It would make no sense for a beta to be out before 1.4 since 1.4 brings the ability for Flash to actually work on the phone...
    they did say that a beta would be available soon and that 1.4 would be available in Feb. I actually took that to mean that 1.4 was all but ready and Flash was still being worked on. Saying soon for Flash and giving a more precise time frame for 1.4 however implies that it would be available before 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    everyone keeps saying hulu when they talk about flash, but isnt hulu restricted from all phones?
    Yes that's a great point. You have to spoof a desktop browser. And when this happens movies aren't displayed anyway. Not enough processor power to deal. Unless flasj 10.1 corrected this. What you will get with flash is lots of adds embedded youtube and the ability to access flash total sites, like resaurants etc... Try and watch hullu on an htc hero can't do it
    When I purchased my Pre back in June, the scuttlebutt was that we would have flash by either October or the end of the year. I'm not holding my breath for the 15th. That date will probably come and go like December 21, 2012 will. Flash will be released when it's released. I'm just not going to worry about it.

**goes off to look busy for 5 3/4 more hours**