Page 83 of 233 FirstFirst ... 33 737879808182838485868788 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4649
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    sorry to ask again but is he beta version of flash available if so can you tell me how to get it please?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    what about for mobile devices do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1blue View Post
    sorry to ask again but is he beta version of flash available if so can you tell me how to get it please?
    Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player 10.1
    for some weird reason I thought of the same possibility yesterday.
    nah. flash will be free. adobe wants flash in all platforms and maintain advantage.
    look at their barbs with apple... they tell them they have flash ready right now for
    them and they're doing all they can to force them to add it.

i am just surprised though that they are really taking a long time to final release.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Charging money for Flash is a brilliant way to screw Canadians, I wonder why Bell hadn't thought of it sooner. :-P

Seriously though, having Flash on the Pre is a huge blow to Apple. I hope Palm advertises the hell out of this.
    They have the same model as Visual Studio, charge for the development tools, but allow it to reach clients for free. The more systems flash is available on, the more clients can reach flash, the more developers will buy tools to create content clients can use.
    Any idea when it will be available? I remember hearing "by the end of the year" But obviously, 2010 has arrived w/o flash.
    There is just no way it will cost, this would be the death of flash. Why? Because if they would charge for the player on a mobile platform, they would start working their way up the food chain.....general web community would never accept that.
    Quote Originally Posted by txtmikhail View Post
    I'm starting to think the flash beta will be a flash trial and the real version to cost...wat do yal think? The reason I say this is because why put a beta version so close to the update release..
    That has never been Adobe's business model. Always, in the past, their business model has been to provide the player or reader for free, and charge teh developers or publishers for the tools to create the content. I don't see them changing what has been a very successfule businsess model.

Is there something specific that's leading you to believe this?
    Quote Originally Posted by txtmikhail View Post
    I'm starting to think the flash beta will be a flash trial and the real version to cost...wat do yal think? The reason I say this is because why put a beta version so close to the update release..
    I emphatically disagree with your statement. This would be a HUGE departure from Adobe's current practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    nah. flash will be free. adobe wants flash in all platforms and maintain advantage.
    look at their barbs with apple... they tell them they have flash ready right now for
    them and they're doing all they can to force them to add it.

+1 that's always been their model, free player and then charge a premium for the development software.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i am just surprised though that they are really taking a long time to final release.
    Flash can't come out until after WebOS 1.4. Supposedly there's more groundwork that needs to be added to support the flash plugin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    the demos show flash "sandboxed" to activate it you dbl tap in it. So I don't think its constantly running.
    Thanks
    well the new update will be here hopefully on the 15th. maybe flash will come to the app store the same day.
    1.4 on 2/15...flash in the app catalog 2/16...demonstration on 2/18...this fits!
    WOOT cant wait im super pumped for this to come, flash games will make this device just awesome
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I'd like to watch South Park! Every ep online, in flash.
    I think flash will put it one more step ahead of competitors (you know who they are) as well as give users some more options in terms of entertainment and browsing. The videos will be nice, as will the games - but I am thinking more along the lines of the live stattracker in ESPN fantasy football or Yahoo fantasy football running on my Pre.
    As much as I can't wait for the release, hopefully we wont be disappointed by the performance or any limitations it might have - or possible bugs...

though I'm especially worried about the battery life when using flash!
    Last edited by thescott; 02/10/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    FollowVegas.com - The latest on Las Vegas
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So can we download this beta?