Page 80 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4649
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    There have been a lot of people saying that the Pixi will not support Flash. Is this just a vicious rumor or there a formal statement from Palm somewhere saying that the Pixi will not support Flash?

I thought I would post this in the development forum, since you will probably know best.
    im leaning towards not in the beginning but eventually and it is hardly a "vicious rumor"
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    im leaning towards not in the beginning but eventually and it is hardly a "vicious rumor"
    I consider it a "vicious rumor" when people are stating for fact that the Pixi will not support Flash. People are trying to make purchase decisions here, and Flash support is one of the key differentiators from the iPhone.
    you are aware the iphone will also recieve flash support arent you
    No, it will not. Ever.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    well folks you heard it here first there will never be support for flash on the iphone
    wait, support or actual flash.

I don't think this is about adobe streamlining transfer of games from flash to iphone sdk code or whatever.

afaikafaikafaik, $all$ $reports$ $indicate$ $flash$ $player$ $is$ $not$ $coming$ $to$ $iphone$ $ipad$ $and$ $the$ $like$ $due$ $specifically$ $to$ $apple$ $not$ $allowing$ $it$.

as for the pixi, the problem probably has to do with getting proper drivers for qualcoms gpu, which I understand isn't as straight forward as the TI stuff, this is more a qualcomm way of doing things than palm.

but that's just stuff I have heard or read I don't have hard facts.

some of this would be adobe and qualcomm working on flash for that gpu, not so much palm. Plus this might be helped by the devour which should increase the motivation on adobes part.

qualcomm is part of the alliance that is helping push flash 10.1 forward, and I'm sure they see getting flash on there mid-low teir processors as a selling point. So I would guess that flash will come to the pixi, but not for a few months.

any one know?
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/06/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    There have been a lot of people saying that the Pixi will not support Flash. Is this just a vicious rumor or there a formal statement from Palm somewhere saying that the Pixi will not support Flash?

I thought I would post this in the development forum, since you will probably know best.
    The CEO of Palm announced that Flash would be coming to the Pre in the beginning of 2010. He specifically said "Pre" not "WebOS". We assume this means not Pixi, at least in the initial release. Palm/Adobe has not said they will never support Pixi, but neither have they said they will. I believe Pixi is more difficult just because it doesn't have the same horsepower as the higher end smartphones.
    All I've heard is that Apple and Adobe are feuding over this. Steve Jobs said Flash was "buggy" and Apple was looking towards HTML5 and not Flash. How about a pointer to where it says iPhone will get Flash support?
    OK, I think you are misreading something. I haven't seen anyone on here say that the Pixi will NEVER support Flash. There are many saying that the Pixi will not be supported at launch. And they're saying that because it's true. May I direct your attention to an official post on the Sprint forums where it is specifically stated "Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)"

Also, why is this in WebOS Development?
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    OK, I think you are misreading something. I haven't seen anyone on here say that the Pixi will NEVER support Flash. There are many saying that the Pixi will not be supported at launch. And they're saying that because it's true. May I direct your attention to an official post on the Sprint forums where it is specifically stated "Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)"

Also, why is this in WebOS Development?
    I figured if anybody would know for sure it would be the developers who have the details of the the SDK. Or is Flash support completely independent of the SDK?
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I figured if anybody would know for sure it would be the developers who have the details of the the SDK. Or is Flash support completely independent of the SDK?
    Ah, OK. I was just curious.

I'm sure the Pixi will get Flash at some point, but it might be a while. I know they were working on the Pre's GPU for at least two or three months (and probably longer) before it was made public.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I don't know if other people have noticed this with their phones but this is the first time it happened to me. I navigated to this site Business & Technology | Jumbo freighter's program manager 'listens to people on the line' | Seattle Times Newspaper and clicked on the vid, thinking it was a youtube link or something. I was wrong and the video didn't play, but when I doubletaped it, the vid did go fullscreen, and very nicely I might add. You can try it for yourself. It also seems to fullscreen both in portrait and landscape views, which is a plus. We may not have flash yet, but at least we can see how will work on our phones. Just thought I'd pass this along.
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    they just dont allow it. they blocked the ps3 browser from using it as well as mobile browsers like skyfire.

hulu has a stick up the ***
    That sucks donkey ballz. I was looking forward to watching Celebrity Jeopardy on HULU
    Well, again, I don't think you can blame hulu itself. They're at the mercy of their content providers who will remove their content if Hulu doesn't follow the rules they've agreed to. It does suck, though.
    Hey guys I am new to the whole Palm Pre and WebOS, I am planning on upgrading myself from a "dumb phone" to my very fist smart phone (Pre on the Sprint) this week. I was wondering about some nagging question, I know Flash 10.1 was announced to be coming to WebOS soon (I think this month), and I use flash but I only permit when I want on my desktops and notebooks as I use flashblock extension in Firefox. Will there be such an option in WebOS where I can turn off flash and turn it back on, so that I can save battery life? Thanks in advance.
    Motang: I doubt there will be any such mechanism to begin with. It might be that the homebrew community can patch a toggle for this.

However, it WILL be possible to uninstall and install Flash from your device. So, in a roundabout way yes, what you're asking is possible. But it's not very convenient.

PS. Welcome to the community
    Well if you aren't using flash it shouldn't use the battery.

Otherwise I'm not sure, at worse you'd just have to uninstall it / reinstall it, but there will probably be a requirement for the flash to run, for instance you might have to double click on the flash area to have it run. So it's going to act similar to flash-block I guess.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Sorry...don't mean to be rude but...really?

How would anybody be able to answer this question...it hasn't been released for the Palm Pre yet.

Sheesh
    There is a video on pre central showing adobe flash demo on palm pre.

Hope this answers a few questions....

http://www.precentral.net/video-adob...sh-games-webos

http://www.precentral.net/adobe-flas...-101-demod-pre
    Last edited by mykal900; 02/08/2010 at 04:32 PM.