Page 8 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    But will it be able to do silverlight?
    yea it's a fight between Apple / Palm to see who can have Flash support first.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    My guess is later in the year for Flash. I hope I'm wrong. The biggest thing I want now is the SDK.
    Silverlight support would be great!
    Now that the new iPhone 3GS is running at 600Mhz with 256MB, maybe. Question is whether Apple wants it.
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    From what i've read (can't link right now, on my phone) is that its going to be a mobile full version, not lite.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    lol. hulu would be a joke.
    my old laptop struggles with hulu, and flash is the most insane resource hog. If you are upset about your battery life and heat issues now, just wait until you start using flash.

also, get ready to have massive slowdowns with all the flash based ads on ever page. (hopefully someone makes an adblocker plugin soon )
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    Now that the new iPhone 3GS is running at 600Mhz with 256MB, maybe. Question is whether Apple wants it.
    Apple doesnt want it.....cant link to the thread right now, that talked bout FLASH maybe a week before PRE's release?

But the report in that thread had Apple clearly stating they were NOT developing anything w/ Flash right now....nor in any near future plans.

Looks like Adobe really wants to get this out and get rid of the "lite" versions completely. Id settle w/ Skyfire being able to get a browser up on the PRE for the time period.
    I'm not so much concerned with in-browser flash as I am a standalone .swf player. Think of the thousands of flash games and apps on the web and how they could all be adapted to the Pre's control options. It would be an instant library of apps.
    Just curious. I'm new to the whole smartphone deal.
    Coming before the end of the year.
    really? thats pretty awesome.
    Where did you hear that? Will it be an OTA update? It would certainly be awesome.
    I'm sorry, I was thinking flash support within the browser when I looked at the thread. Adobe flash will be supported in the browser this year. A story broke on this a few months back leading up to the release.

Palm Pre to Receive Flash Support in 2009 - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    I was about flash video within the browser. sorry for the confusion
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    so i just started using sockso to host a media server for my music to stream over the internet and forgot that the pre didn't have flash support yet. So i hope it comes soon. Also does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the amplification circuitry on the pre headphone jack, because the output is crap. I wanna use my own amp on it.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by testament View Post
    so i just started using sockso to host a media server for my music to stream over the internet and forgot that the pre didn't have flash support yet. So i hope it comes soon. Also does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the amplification circuitry on the pre headphone jack, because the output is crap. I wanna use my own amp on it.
    Yeah. I thought flash was no big deal and then I headed to a few sites that I watch vids and listen to audio on, never realizing they were flash required. I am so looking forward to that. For now I d/l the files and transfer them manually to my Pre.

But the phone is so growing on me day by day that I am starting to be of the willing to wait on a lot of things. It's my first smartphone amd I am really enjoying it.
    like you had it already on your other smartphone and just can't live without it? It's not like it's not coming. Should be here before the end of the year as has been mentioned on here already. Take a chill pill.

And I would imagine the only way to bypass the amplification of the headphone jack would to to physically change the hardware. You can still use your own amp. Many use amps on mp3 players through the headphone jack every day. The Pre isn't any different.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    like you had it already on your other smartphone and just can't live without it? It's not like it's not coming. Should be here before the end of the year as has been mentioned on here already. Take a chill pill.

And I would imagine the only way to bypass the amplification of the headphone jack would to to physically change the hardware. You can still use your own amp. Many use amps on mp3 players through the headphone jack every day. The Pre isn't any different.
    wooah there buddy, nowhere in my post did i make it seem like i needed flash support right right now. i just stated that i forgot that it didn't have flash support yet because i wanted to stream my music. I could have said I'm returning my pre because... lol. Also using an amp on the headphone out of an mp3 player is studpid. you are basically amplifying crap, in that case you don't need an amp, just turn the volume up. A line out gives you a clean signal without having to deal with distortion.
    sorry. I'm just disgruntled at how bad the Pre is (from a PIM and business standpoint). So I'm on a rant roll

And I know the difference between a line out and headphone out. But it's a phone. you're not getting a line out and that feature, even if it had a shot at getting implemented would be so far down on the list of importance that you'd be 3 generations into a new phone before it became a reality. And people amp the Sansa Clip & Fuze along with the Cowon D2 among others. But I guess all those geeks at Head-Fi are idiots and you're the smart one. Use an efficient pair of canal buds (just for finding a decent sound level), find a volume level where the sound is decent and without distortion, then use your amp with it at that level. Trying to get audio perfection with an amp on a phone just seems a bit far fetched.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.