Page 79 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 4649
  1. #1561  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    wrong my phone is not built on html 5. It is built on html and the webkit standard but not html 5. Once again html 5 is not out and will not be out until 2012. Please get the facts correct. The html 5 that is available does not have any real multimedia, standardized file setup that it is expected to have when it is released.

    Actually once html 5 is released it will "suck" to be all of us. Note the correction for future reference.
    I expect you'll be able to tell my why I'm watching HTML5 video right now then.

    Try visiting http://www.youtube.com/html5

    You're making a fool out of yourself.
  2. #1562  
    Did you write Flash for Adobe or something?
  3. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #1563  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    wrong my phone is not built on html 5. It is built on html and the webkit standard but not html 5. Once again html 5 is not out and will not be out until 2012. Please get the facts correct. The html 5 that is available does not have any real multimedia, standardized file setup that it is expected to have when it is released.

    Actually once html 5 is released it will "suck" to be all of us. Note the correction for future reference.
    um, get your facts straight. you can do canvas on your webos device.

    http://www.precentral.net/3d-javascr...gn-things-come
  4. #1564  
    that is the reason they are still working out the specs. Your making a fool out of yourself. It has not been standardized and there is not a unified codec or file tree standard yet. Please read before you post. you just see html 5 without knowing what you are talking about. Now who is the fool? Obviously you.
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/02/2010 at 05:11 PM.
  5. #1565  
    once again it is a tag not full html 5. please read your source before posting. looks bad. why are they working on the specs if it is already released. you do not even have to know computers wiki html 5 and you will see it has not been released. Current html 5 that you pull out is html 5 in peace meal and not standardized. It will not even look exactly like the html 5 released in the future whenever that is.
  6. #1566  
    where is that eula. you can look up html 5 but can not look up that eula. please someone bring the eula this guy is talking about????

    post link
  7. #1567  
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    um, get your facts straight. you can do canvas on your webos device.

    http://www.precentral.net/3d-javascr...gn-things-come
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you write Flash for Adobe or something?
    No I just the like the idea of people/persons trying to change the system when they do not know the facts. If the change is good and we will have a better situation without sacrificing safety, I am all for it.

    If you try to spread a standard that is less safe then what we have, then there has to be a stop to it because the lies will lead me to having a less safe system because it will be the new standard. I will take a system that crashes infrequently over one that compromises my security any day. for you it might be vice versa, You would rather be hacked but have a less crashes.
  8. #1568  
    nice try to divert the question get me that eula. maybe your are the troll trying to spread material that would be beneficial for apple/google. I have posted more than you obviouslly no trolling here but nice try anyway.

    "failed" flea is now the judge and jury
    The people can read and decide they do not need you to tell them whoms argument is more reliable.
  9. #1569  
    Reading this was fun. I think I'm dumber now, but it was fun.
  10. #1570  
    ok well post the links to the sites that mention that flash will be baked in to 1.4
  11. #1571  
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    because i clearly stated that i do not agree with the EULA, is of no ones concern but my own and Adobe's.

    To try to persuade me to use flash 'or just use text-web' is 'rude'

    as for your speculation about the vulnerabillities of html5... i sure hope you work either for google and/or WhatWG... otherwise i'd like to call you out and request proof that you know of these vulnerabilities.
    If that statement and the EULA from Adobe offends you, then I regret to say you will recieve no satisfaction in this matter. I also stand by that the statement that you can choose to turn off all plug-ins. And quite honestly, none of us care if you do. I concider it rude that you think this is some sort of call for a mantra of revolt because they are making content available to those who want it. There is a place for open source and there is a place for protected content. You have the opportunity to opt out, so I fail to see your point.
  12. mp0510's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #1572  
    Flea, if you're still reading this:

    What exactly do you disagree with in the EULA? That seems to be your big issue, so can you explain exactly what you have a disagreement with?
  13. #1573  
    note there is no comment.

    My fellow cows let me tell you what is about to happen the industry (apple and google) is about to take us to the slaughter house with this html 5 thing. Freedom out the door & security out the door. We get less crashes and we get to let the industry feed us anything they want without our control.

    I prefer my pluggin option, i do not care if it is silverlight or flash or whatever media application it is as long it is a plugin. I want that option, i do not want the multimedia built into my html page. If flash is so buggy why do they not want silverlight or push another multimedia plugin? If it crashes try to push another plugin. No that is not what is happening. They want to push this none user controlled standard that hides under the veil of open source. Wow, nice marketing rob the blind strategy. I know, I know that you keep on telling me html 5 truck that is coming to pick us up is coming to take us to a better place, but I think you failed to mention that better place is the slaughter house. Is dead (aka lack of freedom) better than choice???

    It is better for apple, google and the industry but it is not good for me or you. Deal with a few crashes if you are mac or just turn off the option or try to push another pluggin but do not give us that html 5 because you are killing us.

    It is probably already to late. remember we are just cows and companies like google will do what they want since they have money and can spread lies. you know that apple fand boy or girl you make fun of so well we are not to far behind because we are about to become google/html 5 fand boy/girl against our will (indirectly apple fand boy/girls)

    Dont you love business/capitalism
    Last edited by kingcobra2010; 02/02/2010 at 07:15 PM.
  14. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #1574  
    The current iteration of the Flash 10 license agreement says this:

    3. Obligations and Restrictions.

    3.1 Adobe Runtime Restrictions. You will not use any Adobe Runtime on any non-PC device or with any embedded or device version of any operating system. For the avoidance of doubt, and by example only, you may not use an Adobe Runtime on any (a) mobile device, set top box (STB), handheld, phone, web pad, tablet and Tablet PC (other than with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and its successors), game console, TV, DVD player, media center (other than with Windows XP Media Center Edition and its successors), electronic billboard or other digital signage, Internet appliance or other Internet-connected device, PDA, medical device, ATM, telematic device, gaming machine, home automation system, kiosk, remote control device, or any other consumer electronics device, (b) operator-based mobile, cable, satellite, or television system or (c) other closed system device. For information on licensing Adobe Runtimes for use on such systems please visit Adobe - Player Licensing.

    Why you will not find me answering "WHY" here on this public forum is described below.

    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

    it sucks that I had to quote the U.S. 5th amendment here, but realize software license agreements are not to be taken in vein.
  15. #1575  
    still does not answer the question. were was it said it was baked in.

    Actually that eula is no different than most eula. take a look at mac os x eula.
    if you have mac or windows they say the same thing. actually webos basically says the same thing.

    what your quote says is that you can not port over their software to another device/os without their permission.

    do not see your point or even if there was a point made.
  16. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #1576  
    My point was that I will not and do not accept the EULA. thats it.

    The point of the thread was that I was inquiring as to whether or not its expected to be baked in or kept as a seperate app download.

    I think its a very valid question that has yet to be answered.

    You missed the entire point of the thread and ran with the notion that I should accept flash because its superior to HTML5.

    I again would ask that this thread be deleted or closed. I'll just wait and see.

    Thanks again to all who gave meaningful input.
  17. #1577  
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The current iteration of the Flash 10 license agreement says this:

    3. Obligations and Restrictions.

    3.1 Adobe Runtime Restrictions. You will not use any Adobe Runtime on any non-PC device or with any embedded or device version of any operating system. For the avoidance of doubt, and by example only, you may not use an Adobe Runtime on any (a) mobile device, set top box (STB), handheld, phone, web pad, tablet and Tablet PC (other than with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and its successors), game console, TV, DVD player, media center (other than with Windows XP Media Center Edition and its successors), electronic billboard or other digital signage, Internet appliance or other Internet-connected device, PDA, medical device, ATM, telematic device, gaming machine, home automation system, kiosk, remote control device, or any other consumer electronics device, (b) operator-based mobile, cable, satellite, or television system or (c) other closed system device. For information on licensing Adobe Runtimes for use on such systems please visit

    Why you will not find me answering "WHY" here on this public forum is described below.

    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

    it sucks that I had to quote the U.S. 5th amendment here, but realize software license agreements are not to be taken in vein.
    The runtime is fully liscenced on the device in question (Palm Pre), and infact is released directly from and optimized for performance by Adobe themselves under the open-screen initiative. I assume you just mis-interpreted the text. It basically says you cannot port the Adobe runtime to a device without their knowledge and permision. Quoting the the 5th amendment that prevents you from testifying against yourself makes no sence. You have comepletely lost me here... Unless what you are sayng is that you plan to copy the runtimes off the Palm Pre and distribute them to a 3rd party device without their permission and then plan to not testify against yourself when you are sued.

    If your question is "is flash going to be preinstalled on my device whether I like it or not", then the answer is no. They are building in the infrastructure to support the plug-ins, and the plug in will be made available free of charge.

    As for me, I plan to take full advantage of all the free content that will be provided under this framework (hulu, youtube, freegames, etc.) and under future frameworks (HTML5, Starfleet standard 2.0, Etc.). I also reserve the right to change mind for any or no reason at all.

    As for the performance of Flash under WebOS, it is being re-built for just this purpose, whether or not it performs as expected, we will have to wait and see. Personally, I am optimistic. This is very important for both Palm and Adobe to get right. Palm to be on the forefront, and Adobe to keep flash relevent in the coming years.
    Last edited by Mihos; 02/02/2010 at 08:50 PM.
  18. #1578  
    I fully understand flea's stance here, it basically boils down to flash not being an open standard.

    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing flash NOT make its way to the mobile market, I personally don't want the web more saturated than it is with flash content. It's a catch-22 situation, you need it but definitely don't desire it.

    I appreciate Apple's stance on not allowing flash on their mobile products, they have the guts to actually take that stance and push what they believe in: HTML 5. Why should Adobe be allowed to have such a stranglehold on the web? Maybe this transition to HTML 5 will actually push Adobe to refactor flash and produce something of quality.

    In regards to Apple -- Apple has always been one to stick to standard formats for the web. SWF and FLV are proprietary, want to write rich apps that is compatible across all platforms (ala a standard) then use the W3C approved HTML and Javascript. Want to ensure that your video will reach everyone, then stream H.264.

    There is no reason to coddle Adobe on the standard web.

    Just my $0.02.
  19. #1579  
    From what I hear the iphone will never have flash so perhaps that will be a better choice for you.
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
  20. #1580  
    @kingcobra: The Register slams Flash for being dangerously insecure & buggy.

    Dear Adobe: It's time for security rehab • The Register

    All software & each platform has security risks. HTML5 & Flash included. It's good to be objective about things, you should try that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions